Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Mez to miss "about a month" with shoulder injury

This may prompt Homer to make a move

vCash
    Just another mess of a situation. Ugh! So much for getting off on the right foot this season. Harts and Mesz are important roster players.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Makes it that much more important for Gus to get healthy soon. He definitely doesn't bring to the table everything that Mez does, but he can skate and move the puck, which is something that this defense is definitely a little light on right now (and which Lilja doesn't help out with at all).

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Even though I hate the guy with a passion.......I want PK Subban, maybe a first and a prospect or two gets it done...? Talking Laughton, stolarz, still schenn IMO
    Last edited by Giroux 4 MVP; 01-25-2013 at 04:36 PM.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Even though I hate the guy with a passion.......I want PK Subban, maybe a first and a prospect or two gets it done...? Talking Laughton, stolarz, still schenn IMO

Yes schenn is too much...you give a first and a player or a first and a second. Or a first and a smattering of prospects cousins, mab or Marshall...mcginn but certainly not Laughton and schenn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by porterpotty28 View Post
    Yes schenn is too much...you give a first and a player or a first and a second. Or a first and a smattering of prospects cousins, mab or Marshall...mcginn but certainly not Laughton and schenn
    You think a first and a player, first and a second, or a first and a bunch of meh prospects gets the Habs to trade a 23 year old dynamic defenseman? It would take Schenn or Laughton+

vCash
    I think Montreal is interested in getting rid of Subban. I know that the most they'd collect from an offer sheet would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ($5.05M+ aav). So...two firsts plus two prospects probably gets a call back and a discussion started. They only used a second on PK, so this would be a nice ROI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    You think a first and a player, first and a second, or a first and a bunch of meh prospects gets the Habs to trade a 23 year old dynamic defenseman? It would take Schenn or Laughton+

I completely disagree w you. Montreal doesn't hold the upper hand here...like ace said we could offer sheet him and they get way less...offering them picks plus prospects makes sense...why would you give up schenn(a 5th overall pick who is still developing and was considered the top prospect not in the NHL last year for a guy who clearly isn't signing there??? Subban is a really good young player...Montreal doesn't control him under contract so with this they have way less leverage. The flyers wouldn't offer schenn or couts for weber...what makes you think it's appropriate for shbban???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I think Montreal is interested in getting rid of Subban. I know that the most they'd collect from an offer sheet would be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ($5.05M+ aav). So...two firsts plus two prospects probably gets a call back and a discussion started. They only used a second on PK, so this would be a nice ROI.
    That will not get it done. Remember this isn't sim hockey. The onther 28 GM's would not sit by and let Montreal trade Subban to Philly for peanuts. They will get involved. If the Flyers are going after Subban, believe it will cost a young roster player, maybe 2, and some picks.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    If that's the case then you simply offer sheet him to avoid that. It's that easy...you win him or you lose him.

vCash
    I completely disagree w you. Montreal doesn't hold the upper hand here...like ace said we could offer sheet him and they get way less...offering them picks plus prospects makes sense...why would you give up schenn(a 5th overall pick who is still developing and was considered the top prospect not in the NHL last year for a guy who clearly isn't signing there??? Subban is a really good young player...Montreal doesn't control him under contract so with this they have way less leverage. The flyers wouldn't offer schenn or couts for weber...what makes you think it's appropriate for shbban???

Montreal can match any offer sheet Subban signs. Remember they aren't cash strapped like Nashville. Then next season they can trade Subban to any team for anything they want if they dont want to keep him. No Montreal holds all the cards, and his value will not go down. Young defenseman are difficult to get. Only 1 out of 3 high picked defenseman turn out to be anything special. Considering Subban shows that he is something special, then his value increases to higher then Schenn's or Couturier's. To be honest, I don't see Montreal taking a Schenn or Couts straight up for him. It might cost a Read and Laughton.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    1'out of 3? Where'd you get that stat?????? First and foremost...the flyers can't afford to lose offense right now, so that's out, secondly, I think you're way overvaluing pk subban.

Erik Johnson, the first overall pick, had a ton of potential and upside when he was traded w a first round pick for Chris Stewart, Kevin dhattenkirk and a second...Stewart scored 30 points last year and shattenkirk isn't a bad piece...but that trade was essentially the first overall pick and a first for two mid round firsts...trading a first and Laughton is more than adequate for subban.

And yes Montreal can match but they won't overpay. They'd rather trade him for what they want. How they hold all the crew confuses me when the player actually does...he can simply hold out until he gets what he wants...a trade or a big contract...Montreal clearly doesn't seem inclined to sign him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I would rather just wait for gus to get better and just finish out the 1/2 a season and then make your moves for a top d-man & a legit scorer and make a run for the cup next season this way we keep the young talent we have and a top 1st round pick we should earn this season.I dont think we are good enough to go anywhere this season anyway even if we get Subban and he isnt worth loosing the young talent and picks just so maybe we make the playoffs ,we are not going deep into the playoffs anyway.I say just sit tight with what we have and concentrate on next season to make a real run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Montreal holds every card in their book. Sign him to an offer sheet? Now you did the hard work for them. They don't have to trade him, they can just let him sit out if they so choose.

The Flyers didnt offer Couts or Schenn for Nashville because it was a situation in which Nashville may not have matched because they had that bonus "poison pill" worked into the contract. Montreal wont give a **** about that - they have the fan base to support that. They were attempting to eat their cake and keep it, too.

I'm not saying offer one of them, but if you want Subban, you better bet your *** it's going to take one of them, or Laughton ++ (simply because he's not going to have that same value yet).
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Montreal holds every card in their book. Sign him to an offer sheet? Now you did the hard work for them. They don't have to trade him, they can just let him sit out if they so choose.

The Flyers didnt offer Couts or Schenn for Nashville because it was a situation in which Nashville may not have matched because they had that bonus "poison pill" worked into the contract. Montreal wont give a **** about that - they have the fan base to support that. They were attempting to eat their cake and keep it, too.

I'm not saying offer one of them, but if you want Subban, you better bet your *** it's going to take one of them, or Laughton ++ (simply because he's not going to have that same value yet).

Laughton plus a first plus whichever crap prospects you want, i dont care...thats fine. Looking around the league, how many teams will buck up for this kid and have the prospects to get him? Im not counting many...maybe the islanders trade nino neiderreiter bc hes unhappy?? Even then...hes been a dud. I guess I dont see too many clubs that have good prospects at their disposal, especially with the new CBA tinkering the cap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast