Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Hmm, convince the public that they are the only ones who can defend themselves and simultaneously neuter law enforcement so they can't defend the public...its genius!

This is apparently a very popular proposition because all these cuts make budgets go down but when we face fires in one area of the country, floods in another, home invasions in yet another, and the countless other legitimate functions of law enforcement and then cut their funding so they aren't there we surely must see a problem.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I don't think he's saying anything about not calling 911. He's simply stating that the police show up after a crime is committed. How many times are the police able to show up before a crime happens?

vCash
    I don't know if any of you guys watch Panic 9-1-1 at all but a lot of the 9-1-1 calls on the show, the police take 15-20 minutes to respond on most calls, especially in the country.

What happens if you are in the country and it takes them that long to show up? Are you supposed to let them rape you or break into your house? Why not use a gun to defend yourself? It's your right to protect your property/family as long as they are inside your house.

vCash
    dont forget the possibility of giant mutated spiders attacking you,or a zombie virus,youd sure feel stupid without a gun then!
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    If you live in an area with vilent crime and poor police responsiveness, then this is stating the obvious to anyone living there who'se given it more than a little thought. I only wish he had spent more time on the training portion, outlining what courses to take and where to take them.

vCash
    Slightly OT, but why on earth should sheriffs and DAs be politically elected? Law enforcement should be a public service entirely separate from any political process.

vCash
    Response time could be apart of the problem but also cities are cutting back on bugets. Oakland, flat out tell you don't brother phoneing in some complains, because they don't have enough police to cover them all. In detroit they don't brother to light up parts of their city. A city in Jersey cuted half their police forces. I wonder if his department is facing cuts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Slightly OT, but why on earth should sheriffs and DAs be politically elected? Law enforcement should be a public service entirely separate from any political process.
    If you knew how corrupt law enforcement can be and is then you wouldn't wonder about this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    If you knew how corrupt law enforcement can be and is then you wouldn't wonder about this.
    Electing sheriffs and DAs ensures less corruption? Serious question.

vCash
    It's a generally accepted proposition that the democratic process is more accountable and less prone to corruption than bureaucracies, which are prone to nepotism. I'm not saying it always is.

vCash
    My sister lives out in the country and about 4 years ago had somebody trying to break into her house while she was there alone with her 2-year old. It took the police 30 minutes to show up....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    My sister lives out in the country and about 4 years ago had somebody trying to break into her house while she was there alone with her 2-year old. It took the police 30 minutes to show up....
    And I think that is the point the sheriff is making. He's not just saying to arm yourself, but to take courses so you can safely arm yourself. You dial 911 when there is a crime occurring or after the fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I cant imagine how horrible that might be ,but my point in refering to the Uniform Crime report wasnt to dissmiss the possibility, but to put some kind of context to the reality of the chances of it happening,in LA county,less then 1/16th of one percent of violent crimes were Home invasions,of those I would be willing to bet ,ore then 60-70% were property crimes without intent to harm.

I know how people get over the top angry at the thought of being vicitmized, but Ill be honest I dont think my flat screen is more valuable then some jerks life.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    The old saying goes

It is better to have it and not need it..... Than to need it and not have it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12