Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    First off thanks for reading and acknowledging my post...

And yes that is rather funny but correcting someone is one this.....this has gone a little too far though....poor kid will never post again in our forum and I'm stuck having to put up with all of you regs. Hahaha kidding why else do you think I keep coming back

But fo reels....no need to jump down a newbies throat

vCash
    If you don't want to sign Dorenbos back at his position of Magician, you are not a true Eagles fan

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhlyHighPhilly View Post
    If you don't want to sign Dorenbos back at his position of Magician, you are not a true Eagles fan
    Exactly.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    A. I'm not a noob and have been on this forum for a pretty long time, when I first joined I posted a lot but now I only come to check on news and make the occasional post.

B. As I was posting I did forget his position because he is that irrelevant to me, sorry for not googleing it.

C. Your sig is truly irritating, I may be the only one who feels that way but whatever tired of seeing it.

Your long snapper really has no effect on the game if your kicker isn't that good anyway, plus I don't really understand how you qualify a long snapper as good, it's pretty infrequent you see a long snapper mess up FGs chances.

vCash
    Oh yeah, let's joke around about the long snapper when this team just went 4-12 and played with no heart. Sorry, I forgot your content with not winning superbowl's and prefer talking about the long snapper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    A. I'm not a noob and have been on this forum for a pretty long time, when I first joined I posted a lot but now I only come to check on news and make the occasional post.

B. As I was posting I did forget his position because he is that irrelevant to me, sorry for not googleing it.

C. Your sig is truly irritating, I may be the only one who feels that way but whatever tired of seeing it.

Your long snapper really has no effect on the game if your kicker isn't that good anyway, plus I don't really understand how you qualify a long snapper as good, it's pretty infrequent you see a long snapper mess up FGs chances.
    A) Welcome back

B) You brought up the issue with Dorenbos. You are the one that took issue with others talking about him. It's a position on the team, it must be filled, and he does so perfectly and for pennies. If you don't understand his value, then ask someone who does. Don't just assume he's worthless, because in all actuality he isn't.

C) You can turn sigs off.

Not only does he long snap, but he does a hell of a job on ST's.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    A) Welcome back

B) You brought up the issue with Dorenbos. You are the one that took issue with others talking about him. It's a position on the team, it must be filled, and he does so perfectly and for pennies. If you don't understand his value, then ask someone who does. Don't just assume he's worthless, because in all actuality he isn't.

C) You can turn sigs off.

Not only does he long snap, but he does a hell of a job on ST's.
    Well I'm not the type who always thinks I'm right, so maybe your right and if someone wants to prove me wrong thats great. There's a lot of hot chick sigs though, I don't mind them. lol..Money wise though I don't have a problem with him, just taking up the spot on the roster, I mean our kickoff return coverage was terrible, was he really that useful or could he be replaced by someone who's much more equipped for that then him?

vCash
    I think Bdawk4prez should be PSD's John Dorenbos.

Seriously though...Dorenbos does a great job as long snapper,he has done it for a longtime.If you could find a player that could play his position as well as he does,plus another position you would really be doing well.There aren't too many that can.

vCash
    Does dorenbros age? Or is there a machince somewhere that just produce new ones every decade or so

EDIT: he's a professional magician so no machine necessary
    Last edited by hievan; 01-29-2013 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Oh yeah, let's joke around about the long snapper when this team just went 4-12 and played with no heart. Sorry, I forgot your content with not winning superbowl's and prefer talking about the long snapper.
    Jeez Mr. Pouty Pants, just stating the obvious about a guy who is quite known for doing a few magic tricks. When they had him on Training Camp Live, he was requested to do tricks. And a long snapper is pretty important. A good snap goes a long way when getting a kick ready. A snap that is just a few inches off its mark can mess up even the easiest of kicks. And our field goal unit was probably the best part of our team this year (kinda sad to think about). Henery went 11 weeks straight without missing a field goal.

And yeah we are all Eagles fans here, not just you. We went through this season JUST LIKE YOU. Yeah, it sucks our team sucks. I go to school right by NYC. You think being here for last year's Super Bowl was a big celebration for me? Oh yeah, LET ME TELL YA BUDDY. So how about you respect your fellow fans and try to be positive for the potential future we have instead of being so negative.

P.S. It's YOU'RE not YOUR.

vCash
    Why would someone want to keep Dorenbos like he's something valuable? He's wasting a spot on this team if you could go without having to keep a guy on your roster solely for holding for the kicker you might as well ditch him. I never liked the idea in the first place and for someone to actually want to resign him is just stupid.
    1. Hes one of the best long snappers in the NFL
    2. He works for next to nothing
    3. Whos going to long snap? Someone needs to and most players dont ever learn how to do it, much less take the time and put in the work to become NFL - level at it
    4. Its no different than spending a roster spot on a Kicker or Punter. Hell Dorenbos gets more playing time than some of the backups do.
    5. He doesnt hold for the kicker
    Last edited by c_reinert; 01-29-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Super Bowl teams have long snappers
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Screw that put him at FB and make him the next mike alsott (bucs)
    Actually, I think we gotta put Dorenbos at FB
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    UPDATE:

QB - Aaron Rogers
    HB - McCoy
    FB - Jon Dorenbos
    WR - Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Terrel Owens, Jason Avant
    TE - Tim Tebow
    LT - Peters (who plays better than ever before despite age and injury)
    LG - Mathis
    C - Jamal Jackson(bring him back because clearly he was always the best C on the team but never got to play)
    RG - Andy Reid
    RT - Herremens

LE - Albert Haynesworth (because we have the cap room we pretty much have to add him)
    LDT - Cox
    RDT - Jenkins (who will actually be the first player in NFL history to play for free)
    RE - Trent Cole
    LOLB - Kendricks
    LILB - Ryans
    RILB - Casey Mathews (Oregon Duck, required starter)
    ROLB - Nhamdi Aso (cant put him at LOLB because he can only play on the right side of the field)
    LCB - DRC (paid at league minimum)
    FS - Dawkins
    SS - Colt Anderson sitting on top of the shoulders of Kurt Coleman
    RCB - Devin Hester (we need a kick returner and he played CB in college sometimes so he can totally do it in the NFL)

K - Chad Ocho Cinco (He kicked an extra point once)
    P - Sav Rocca (trade one of the 1sts to the Redskins, hes so big we could run all kinds of fake punts)
    LS - Dorenbos (Magic)
    H - Dorenbos (snaps to himself then holds it... With magic)
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast