Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The chip era- 2013 offseason

Moves i would like be made this offseason in the draft, picking up free agents, Cutting players, resigning players.

Nfl Draft
    1. Pick 4. Olb/DE- Damontre Moore- Texas A&m
    2. Pick 35. DT- Jon Jenkins- Georgia
    3. Pick 69 OT- Kyle Long - Oregon
    4. Pick 98 (Foles Traded to the chiefs) –QB- EJ Manuel – Florida State
    5. Pick 100 WR- Da’Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech
    6. Pick 122 (Cole Traded to the Seahawks)- FS T.J Mcdonald- USC
    7. Pick 131 OG- Omoregie Uzzi - Georgia Tech
    8. Pick 165 RB - Kenjon Barner - OREGON
    9. Pick 188 (From Denver =Bunkely trade)- dt/de Anothony Mccloud – Flordia State
    10. Pick 216 (From Colts= Fokou trade) – P. Jackson Rice- Oregon

Free Agents to Target
    1. Jairus Byrd – FS Bills- No way I see him walking but if the bills don’t tag him I could see the eagles jumping in and signing him away, He went to Oregon so He has Ties to Kelly.
    2. Andy Levitre – OG Bills- Would help make a beast of an Online with all the injured players coming back next year.
    3. Armond Armstead- DT/DE-
    Ed Dickson- TE- Look for Kelly to bring in another former duck.
    4. Sean Smith- cb- Need to address the Secondary
    5. Patrick Chung- ss- another duck

Own Free agents
    1. DRC- resign
    2. Colt- Resign- leader on special teams
    3. Dorenbos- resign
    4. Jake Scott- Let walk
    5. Tapp- Let walk
    6. Landri- let walk
    7. Jordan- Resign- Good special team player
    8. Dunlap- Let walk

The eagles are about -16 million in cap space for the 2013 season. Here are some moves Chip and the front office will make to save some cash.
    Roster Moves
    1. Cut Vick- 16.9 Million- Cut him, take the 4 million cap hit- save 12.9 Million.
    2. Cut Nnamdi- 15 Million- Cut him take the 4 million cap hit- Save 11 Million
    3. Cut Bell – Shouldn’t pay this guy a dime. He has a 1 million salary with a 8.6 Signing bonus giving him a 9.6 cap hit. No way this guy is back.
    4. Restructure Peters contract. – Due to make 10.6 Million Coming off a major injury. Look for him to restructure deal to around 7.5-8.5. Saving the eagles- 2-3 Million.
    5. Cut Patterson- I hate to see him go but he is not worth 3 Million as a backup. Save the money.

Gives them 22.5 million in cap space to work with.

Here are two other moves that could happen and would free up a little more room for the eagles to work with.

1. Restructure C. Jenkins. He is a good player but not worth the 6.5 that will hit the cap. If we can get that down to 3 Million and save that 3.5 I say keep him. If he won’t restructure its. Time to cut him.
    2. Trade Cole ONLY if they switch to a 3-4. He is not suited to play in a 3-4 Def and Cole could bring a 4th round pick for the eagles and save them 5.3 Million in cap space.

This could give the eagles and additional 3.5-11.8 in cap space.

2013 Line up

Qb. EJ MANUEL
    RB. L. McCoy
    FB. S. Havili
    WR. D. Jackson
    WR. Maclin
    WR. Rodgers
    TE. Celek/ Dickson
    LT. Peters
    LG. Mathis
    C. Kelece
    RG. Levitre
    RT. Herremans

DE. C. Jenkins/ Armstead
    DT. J.Jenkins
    DE. F. cox
    Olb- Moore
    Mlb- kendricks
    MLB- RYANS
    OLB- GRAHAM
    CB. Smith
    FS. BRYD
    SS. CHUNHG
    CB. DRC

K. Henery
    p. Jackson Rice
    KR/PR - Kenjon Barner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix021 View Post
    Moves i would like be made this offseason in the draft, picking up free agents, Cutting players, resigning players.

Nfl Draft
    1. Pick 4. Olb/DE- Damontre Moore- Texas A&m
    2. Pick 35. DT- Jon Jenkins- Georgia
    3. Pick 69 OT- Kyle Long - Oregon
    4. Pick 98 (Foles Traded to the chiefs) –QB- EJ Manuel – Florida State
    5. Pick 100 WR- Da’Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech
    6. Pick 122 (Cole Traded to the Seahawks)- FS T.J Mcdonald- USC
    7. Pick 131 OG- Omoregie Uzzi - Georgia Tech
    8. Pick 165 RB - Kenjon Barner - OREGON
    9. Pick 188 (From Denver =Bunkely trade)- dt/de Anothony Mccloud – Flordia State
    10. Pick 216 (From Colts= Fokou trade) – P. Jackson Rice- Oregon

Free Agents to Target
    1. Jairus Byrd – FS Bills- No way I see him walking but if the bills don’t tag him I could see the eagles jumping in and signing him away, He went to Oregon so He has Ties to Kelly.
    2. Andy Levitre – OG Bills- Would help make a beast of an Online with all the injured players coming back next year.
    3. Armond Armstead- DT/DE-
    Ed Dickson- TE- Look for Kelly to bring in another former duck.
    4. Sean Smith- cb- Need to address the Secondary
    5. Patrick Chung- ss- another duck

Own Free agents
    1. DRC- resign
    2. Colt- Resign- leader on special teams
    3. Dorenbos- resign
    4. Jake Scott- Let walk
    5. Tapp- Let walk
    6. Landri- let walk
    7. Jordan- Resign- Good special team player
    8. Dunlap- Let walk

The eagles are about -16 million in cap space for the 2013 season. Here are some moves Chip and the front office will make to save some cash.
    Roster Moves
    1. Cut Vick- 16.9 Million- Cut him, take the 4 million cap hit- save 12.9 Million.
    2. Cut Nnamdi- 15 Million- Cut him take the 4 million cap hit- Save 11 Million
    3. Cut Bell – Shouldn’t pay this guy a dime. He has a 1 million salary with a 8.6 Signing bonus giving him a 9.6 cap hit. No way this guy is back.
    4. Restructure Peters contract. – Due to make 10.6 Million Coming off a major injury. Look for him to restructure deal to around 7.5-8.5. Saving the eagles- 2-3 Million.
    5. Cut Patterson- I hate to see him go but he is not worth 3 Million as a backup. Save the money.

Gives them 22.5 million in cap space to work with.

Here are two other moves that could happen and would free up a little more room for the eagles to work with.

1. Restructure C. Jenkins. He is a good player but not worth the 6.5 that will hit the cap. If we can get that down to 3 Million and save that 3.5 I say keep him. If he won’t restructure its. Time to cut him.
    2. Trade Cole ONLY if they switch to a 3-4. He is not suited to play in a 3-4 Def and Cole could bring a 4th round pick for the eagles and save them 5.3 Million in cap space.

This could give the eagles and additional 3.5-11.8 in cap space.

2013 Line up

Qb. EJ MANUEL
    RB. L. McCoy
    FB. S. Havili
    WR. D. Jackson
    WR. Maclin
    WR. Rodgers
    TE. Celek/ Dickson
    LT. Peters
    LG. Mathis
    C. Kelece
    RG. Levitre
    RT. Herremans

DE. C. Jenkins/ Armstead
    DT. J.Jenkins
    DE. F. cox
    Olb- Moore
    Mlb- kendricks
    MLB- RYANS
    OLB- GRAHAM
    CB. Smith
    FS. BRYD
    SS. CHUNHG
    CB. DRC

K. Henery
    p. Jackson Rice
    KR/PR - Kenjon Barner
    This is hilarious
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Ew........... there is almost nothing to like about any of that

the particularly bad things i see are foles traded for a 4th round pick? a 3rd round guy going into his second season who (even if he didnt prove he was a franchise guy) is LEAGUES ahead of where they thought he would be? how did he not GAIN value? if he had sat on the bench the whole season while doing well in preseason he would of gained value

EJ manuel starting as a rookie? wow thats just laughable, maybe taking a flyer on him and seeing if he can develop but youre just giving him the starting job off the bat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    Ew........... there is almost nothing to like about any of that

the particularly bad things i see are foles traded for a 4th round pick? a 3rd round guy going into his second season who (even if he didnt prove he was a franchise guy) is LEAGUES ahead of where they thought he would be? how did he not GAIN value? if he had sat on the bench the whole season while doing well in preseason he would of gained value

EJ manuel starting as a rookie? wow thats just laughable, maybe taking a flyer on him and seeing if he can develop but youre just giving him the starting job off the bat?
    I agree, just handing the starting job to a 4th round rookie is completely insane . Its also ridiculous to make the assumption that will just sign like 4 top free agents without breaking the bank. As if they all will just be flocking to play for a 4-12 to begin with. And that a 5th round rookie is going to just get the job from one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. Patrick Chung? No thanks.

Also, its ridiculous to assume that Peters and Jenkins will restructure. There is no incentive for them do so. If the Eagles ask them to restructure and they say no, the only thing the Eagles can do is pay them their money or cut them, if they are cut they will still get paid in FA, no skin off their noses
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    God i hate the off seasons on PSD.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    God i hate the off seasons on PSD.
    Yea it's like being trapped in fantasy land.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bdawk4prez View Post
    god i hate the off seasons on psd.
    we should trade vick for aaron rodgers and then trade foles to get another first round pick then move aso to lb
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    we should trade vick for aaron rodgers and then trade foles to get another first round pick then move aso to lb
    Well,while we're at it.Let's fire Chip Kelly.Bring in Bill Cowher is HC,Jon Gruden,as OC,and Lovie Smith as DC.Then we could truly have a dream team....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Well,while we're at it.Let's fire Chip Kelly.Bring in Bill Cowher is HC,Jon Gruden,as OC,and Lovie Smith as DC.Then we could truly have a dream team....
    Bring Dawkins out of retirement. Convince Any Reid to come back and play RG. Let bring in Tebow but switch him to defense then switch to the 4-4 because a team did it once and was successful so it must be the right scheme for every team... Think of that lineup...

QB - Aaron Rogers
    HB - McCoy
    FB - Everyone
    WR - Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Terrel Owens, Jason Avant
    TE - Eifert (with our 2nd first)
    LT - Peters (who plays better than ever before despite age and injury)
    LG - Mathis
    C - Jamal Jackson(bring him back because clearly he was always the best C on the team but never got to play)
    RG - Andy Reid
    RT - Herremens

LE - Albert Haynesworth (because we have the cap room we pretty much have to add him)
    LDT - Cox
    RDT - Jenkins (who will actually be the first player in NFL history to play for free)
    RE - Trent Cole
    LOLB - Kendricks
    LILB - Ryans
    RILB - Tim Tebow
    ROLB - Nhamdi Aso (cant put him at LOLB because he can only play on the right side of the field)
    LCB - DRC (paid at league minimum)
    FS - Dawkins
    SS - Colt Anderson sitting on top of the shoulders of Kurt Coleman
    RCB - Devin Hester (we need a kick returner and he played CB in college sometimes so he can totally do it in the NFL)
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Bring Dawkins out of retirement. Convince Any Reid to come back and play RG. Let bring in Tebow but switch him to defense then switch to the 4-4 because a team did it once and was successful so it must be the right scheme for every team... Think of that lineup...

QB - Aaron Rogers
    HB - McCoy
    FB - Everyone
    WR - Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Terrel Owens, Jason Avant
    TE - Eifert (with our 2nd first)
    LT - Peters (who plays better than ever before despite age and injury)
    LG - Mathis
    C - Jamal Jackson(bring him back because clearly he was always the best C on the team but never got to play)
    RG - Andy Reid
    RT - Herremens

LE - Albert Haynesworth (because we have the cap room we pretty much have to add him)
    LDT - Cox
    RDT - Jenkins (who will actually be the first player in NFL history to play for free)
    RE - Trent Cole
    LOLB - Kendricks
    LILB - Ryans
    RILB - Tim Tebow
    ROLB - Nhamdi Aso (cant put him at LOLB because he can only play on the right side of the field)
    LCB - DRC (paid at league minimum)
    FS - Dawkins
    SS - Colt Anderson sitting on top of the shoulders of Kurt Coleman
    RCB - Devin Hester (we need a kick returner and he played CB in college sometimes so he can totally do it in the NFL)
    hehehehe I agree with everything but one.Time Tebow has to be TE.

vCash
    I agree, just handing the starting job to a 4th round rookie is completely insane . Its also ridiculous to make the assumption that will just sign like 4 top free agents without breaking the bank. As if they all will just be flocking to play for a 4-12 to begin with. And that a 5th round rookie is going to just get the job from one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. Patrick Chung? No thanks.

Also, its ridiculous to assume that Peters and Jenkins will restructure. There is no incentive for them do so. If the Eagles ask them to restructure and they say no, the only thing the Eagles can do is pay them their money or cut them, if they are cut they will still get paid in FA, no skin off their noses
    who are the top 4 free agents.

I can give u bryd thats about it.

ed dickson- back up
    Armstead- rookie cfl player
    sean smith- not close
    chung- back up- couldnt start in NE
    Levitre- maybe not the top Free agent OLINE

Russel wilson was drafted in the 3rd round and was handed the job so its not that insane EJ could do it.

How is it insane- Jenkins restructured last year because he wanted to stay with the eagles.

Y dont you learn your **** before you start talking about thing you have no clue about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix021 View Post
    who are the top 4 free agents.

I can give u bryd thats about it.

ed dickson- back up
    Armstead- rookie cfl player
    sean smith- not close
    chung- back up- couldnt start in NE
    Levitre- maybe not the top Free agent OLINE

Russel wilson was drafted in the 3rd round and was handed the job so its not that insane EJ could do it.

How is it insane- Jenkins restructured last year because he wanted to stay with the eagles.

Y dont you learn your **** before you start talking about thing you have no clue about
    I didnt say the were THE 4 top. I said they were 4 top, meaning 4 of the top.

And thats

Sean Smith
    DRC
    Byrd
    Levitre

Im not claiming they are the best at their positions, but they are among the best players at their respective positions that will be available in FA this off season which means plenty of other teams will be looking to add them. This drives the price up, supply and demand. And there are a lot of teams out there that will be able to offer either more money or a better chance at a championship, some places maybe even both. Im not saying its not possible that the Eagles might add one of those guys, maybe two if they get really aggressive with the money, but its ridiculous to think they will sign all 4 of those if all 4 even hit FA.

And as you said Jenkins restructured last year, why would he restructure again? You really think hes going to want to stick around on a team where his pay is cut every season? The reason he was willing to restructure last year was because going in to the season hopes were so high and we were thought to be a SB contender... Hes not going to take a pay cut to play for a 4-12 team.

Russel Wilson wasnt handed the job. They brought in Matt Flynn on a huge contract with the intention of him being their franchise QB. They drafted Wilson and brought him in expecting to be Flynns back up. Flynn began under performing in camp while Wilson was "over performing" so they opened up competition for the starting spot, Russel then won out.

Russel Wilson was an anomaly, the expection to the rule. Its ridiculous to base our future on that situation. Think of how many other late round QBs became nothing in the NFL... Most of them. Also, EJ is no Russel Wilson. Wilson was an excellent college QB who fell to late rounds because of his height, EJ Wilson has ideal size but is projected in the 4th round simply because hes not all that good.

Also you said it yourself. Patrick Chung was a back in NEW ENGLAND, one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, especially at the safety position. Yeah really sounds like a great acquisition there.

So go ahead and tell me that I have no clue about anything nor anyone else thats commented on your ridiculous thread.
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    i feel like i am alone here but i do not want to see DRC back this year unless we can easily get ourselves out of his contract or if he is tagged. guy was playing for a contract this year and he didnt show any heart.

tebow will make bednarik proud and become an iron man player and play both sides of the ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Ok ok. Tebow at TE, we will just use our first round picks on backups to add depth and special teams players. Instead we will start Casey Mathews because he played for Kelly in college. And clearly its a logical assumption that Kelly thinks his college team at Oregon is good enough to compete with (and probably destroy) any NFL team
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillysports90 View Post
    i feel like i am alone here but i do not want to see DRC back this year unless we can easily get ourselves out of his contract or if he is tagged. guy was playing for a contract this year and he didnt show any heart.

tebow will make bednarik proud and become an iron man player and play both sides of the ball
    If anything he will OUTDO Bednarik because we could have him on the punt team as well... THE MAN PLAYS ALL THREE SIDES OF THE BALL!!! Instant HoF
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast