Moves i would like be made this offseason in the draft, picking up free agents, Cutting players, resigning players.
1. Pick 4. Olb/DE- Damontre Moore- Texas A&m
2. Pick 35. DT- Jon Jenkins- Georgia
3. Pick 69 OT- Kyle Long - Oregon
4. Pick 98 (Foles Traded to the chiefs) –QB- EJ Manuel – Florida State
5. Pick 100 WR- Da’Rick Rogers- Tennessee Tech
6. Pick 122 (Cole Traded to the Seahawks)- FS T.J Mcdonald- USC
7. Pick 131 OG- Omoregie Uzzi - Georgia Tech
8. Pick 165 RB - Kenjon Barner - OREGON
9. Pick 188 (From Denver =Bunkely trade)- dt/de Anothony Mccloud – Flordia State
10. Pick 216 (From Colts= Fokou trade) – P. Jackson Rice- Oregon
Free Agents to Target
1. Jairus Byrd – FS Bills- No way I see him walking but if the bills don’t tag him I could see the eagles jumping in and signing him away, He went to Oregon so He has Ties to Kelly.
2. Andy Levitre – OG Bills- Would help make a beast of an Online with all the injured players coming back next year.
3. Armond Armstead- DT/DE-
Ed Dickson- TE- Look for Kelly to bring in another former duck.
4. Sean Smith- cb- Need to address the Secondary
5. Patrick Chung- ss- another duck
Own Free agents
1. DRC- resign
2. Colt- Resign- leader on special teams
3. Dorenbos- resign
4. Jake Scott- Let walk
5. Tapp- Let walk
6. Landri- let walk
7. Jordan- Resign- Good special team player
8. Dunlap- Let walk
The eagles are about -16 million in cap space for the 2013 season. Here are some moves Chip and the front office will make to save some cash.
1. Cut Vick- 16.9 Million- Cut him, take the 4 million cap hit- save 12.9 Million.
2. Cut Nnamdi- 15 Million- Cut him take the 4 million cap hit- Save 11 Million
3. Cut Bell – Shouldn’t pay this guy a dime. He has a 1 million salary with a 8.6 Signing bonus giving him a 9.6 cap hit. No way this guy is back.
4. Restructure Peters contract. – Due to make 10.6 Million Coming off a major injury. Look for him to restructure deal to around 7.5-8.5. Saving the eagles- 2-3 Million.
5. Cut Patterson- I hate to see him go but he is not worth 3 Million as a backup. Save the money.
Gives them 22.5 million in cap space to work with.
Here are two other moves that could happen and would free up a little more room for the eagles to work with.
1. Restructure C. Jenkins. He is a good player but not worth the 6.5 that will hit the cap. If we can get that down to 3 Million and save that 3.5 I say keep him. If he won’t restructure its. Time to cut him.
2. Trade Cole ONLY if they switch to a 3-4. He is not suited to play in a 3-4 Def and Cole could bring a 4th round pick for the eagles and save them 5.3 Million in cap space.
This could give the eagles and additional 3.5-11.8 in cap space.
2013 Line up
Qb. EJ MANUEL
RB. L. McCoy
FB. S. Havili
WR. D. Jackson
TE. Celek/ Dickson
DE. C. Jenkins/ Armstead
DE. F. cox
p. Jackson Rice
KR/PR - Kenjon Barner