Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    when I bulk I drink pop all the time, but during the summer I always quit and I never have problems quitting. however, I drink a lot of coffee year round, so I'm still getting caffeine.

vCash
    I need to.

I had a bad Mountain Dew habit for years.

I have been able to convert to things like Cherry Coke or Doctor Pepper and only drink maybe 1 or 2 a day now.

I no longer just drink a soda when doing nothing else, but it's hard not to have one at lunch or dinner.

I'm trying to just drink water now, but it's damn hard.

I have slowed way down on beer/drinking though. But that's mainly because I'm simply getting older and don't go out like I used to, and I only like to drink socially.

vCash
    I was drinking about 2-3 cans of diet pepsi a day and quit last year... I only drink water now.

The first 2 weeks or so I would get really light headed and dizzy when walking around for long periods of time and also got headaches more frequently... After those two weeks though everything was fine.

Water is so much better for your body... You won't regret it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    I feel like I actually have more energy
    This... After the first 2 weeks are over and you have a steady flow of water in your body, you feel great.

vCash
    Soda is no good. I stopped drinking soda when I was like 19. I ended up losing a bit of weight when I cut it out completely. After not too long I didnt even like the taste of it. All soda does is make you more thirsty and make you bloated. It feels good not drinking that crap anymore and it definitely makes a noticeable difference with your health.

R.I.P. Dad

vCash
    i quit drinking soda about 9 years ago. I have about 50% less stomach aches than I used to get. All I drink is water, tea, g2, coffee, and alcohol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I need to.

I have been able to convert to things like Cherry Coke or Doctor Pepper and only drink maybe 1 or 2 a day now.

I no longer just drink a soda when doing nothing else, but it's hard not to have one at lunch or dinner.

I have slowed way down on beer/drinking though. But that's mainly because I'm simply getting older and don't go out like I used to, and I only like to drink socially.
    Thats the worst part IMO. It sucks eating a cheeseburger with water.
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    This... After the first 2 weeks are over and you have a steady flow of water in your body, you feel great.
    I switched from soda to straight vodka a month ago. I go to work everyday with a sweet perma buzz like jack sparrow from pirates.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    I quit drinking soda when I moved out and got my place. I should say I mostly quit. I drink Ginger Ale on Friday's and Saturdays. It's the best mixer.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    No more soda starting today.

Someone bump this in a week and ask how I am doing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Sweetened Iced tea from the store is just as bad. Well, I don't know about just as bad. But you're comparing **** to ****.

I pretty much only drink juice, water, protein shakes (with water) and tonic water (with vodka). Oh, and a few beers on the weekend.
    Diet lipton/brisk is really good...but then it comes down to if you think the diet/sugar free drinks are actually good for you or not.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I need to.

Mountain dew
    Good luck, im sure you'll do fine.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Everything can cause health issues if you dont eat oats and fruit with chicken or fish.

You also have to take into account lifestyle and genetic predispositions which studies like that do not.

If you reasonably active one can a day wont kill you. I sure someone could do similar articles pertaining to red meat and cholesterol. Everything kills you or causes cancer nowadays unless you eat twigs and berries.

Keep in mind those sources as well "natural news" probably isn't the great place for a non-biased opinion.
    Sorry, but a quick glance at the ingredients list can tell ya what one can a day will do to you. An obscene about of sugar.

And it's not as hopeless as you paint it, but there's just no place for soda in a proper diet.

vCash
    I gave it up for New Years and every now and then I have a really bad craving and almost give in...but I just chug a bottle of water instead and that seams to help the cravings. Haven't broken it yet so we'll see.

vCash
    Pretty much only drink water and watered-down Gatorade. Drink soda with my booze but thats about it, even then I'll usually mix with club soda if possible.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast