Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    I was drinking about 2 cans a day for a few years. last week I cut it down to 1 can a day, and tomorrow I'm going to try to completely stop drinking it.

Is it as hard as most people say it is? How long do the headaches last?
    Weird just started going cold turkey 2 days ago. I probably have averaged 3 a day. It's going to be rough

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    In high school I would drink probably 1 every 3 days or so on average but that wasnt really reflective of my usual habits. I would go weeks without having one and then when I was studying for exams or something have 3 a day for 2 weeks. I dont think I was ever addicted to it though. I was majorly addicted to candy though at the time. As of about a year ago I decided to "quit" and have cut my candy consumption by like 75% over the year. Soda kinda just went with it. Now really I only have soda when I get it with fast food (which Ive also cut down to about once every 2 months) or if I have the odd random craving and happen to have access to it.

vCash
    All i drink is water and almond milk. Only time I have soda is for mixed drinks. Never really drank it growing up either, but i did get into an energy drink phase a few years back for about a year but I never drink them anymore.

My mothers boyfriend drinks about 4-5 cokes a day and said he has for years. On top of that has 2 cups of coffee in the morning with extra cream. Hasn't had any issues but I can't imagine that ending well for him.

vCash
    The funny part about pop is if you can cut it for a week it starts to not taste as good if you try it. Used to cut it out during wrestling season all the time. It burns after you haven't had it for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    The funny part about pop is if you can cut it for a week it starts to not taste as good if you try it. Used to cut it out during wrestling season all the time. It burns after you haven't had it for a while.
    I highly disagree.

vCash
    Can't believe some people have a hard time with this lol grow some balls. Soda ain't even that good.

vCash
    I use to down a couple cans of coke a day but havnt had any in years

vCash
    I was a hardcore caffeine addict and decided to quit last May, the headaches were hell but honestly just stick to a good ol pain reliever for a couple of days and you'll be fine.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Honestly when I was in high school I was drinking 3-4 cans of sugar soda a day. When I entered college, I decided to cut it to 2 cans. About 2 years ago I decided to switch to diet and about a month ago I decided to cut it entirely.

It hasn't been a horrible transition so far and I don't think there will be much of an issue keeping it up (may still drink soda w/ alcohol every once in a while), I'm have a lot of body aches since then but I think its due to something unrelated.

Sig Bet Record: 1-0

YOU'RE SPOILED

vCash
    I used to drink a couple a day but I quit about five years ago. Now, I only drink diets and probably once every two months.

vCash
    Well I said I was going to quit today, but I actually haven't had a soda since Thursday afternoon so its been almost 48 hours

It might not seem like a big deal to other people but I can't remember the last time I went 2 days without soda lol

vCash
    I drank multiple cans per day in high school. I ran track throughout high school and got really dehydrated from drinking so much soda and not any real fluids. I got the chills and started throwing up, the whole nine yards.

It's ten years later now and I have probably had two or three cans a year at the most ever since. Every time I drink it I feel like I am getting dehydrated again and start craving good old water.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Try Sodaholics Anyomous
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It was super easy for me to quit drinking soda...one random day I just got sick of it, and now only drink it like once a month if it's in the fridge. Other than that nothing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ichitownclowni View Post
    It's easy. I did it for months and then just drank it again cause I wanted to lol.
    Yep. Bought me some muhfckin Dr. Pepper because that **** is delicious.

It's crazy how much you feel it after you haven't drank it for a while.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast