Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Damn... Were they overweight? Unless they have an extremely high dependency (or eat high amounts daily) on it, I could see that happening. I am aware if you completely cut out carbs, or eat less than 50grams a day, your body will start taking a crap on you. You may lose the weight but you run health issues. Loss in energy, kidney stones, crap like that.
    Not overweight (although one was kinda heavy, not obese or anything), but definitely dependent on them. that's why I say it could be psychological with them ha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    Wasnt hard at all, the only time I ever even think about getting soda is when im mixing it with alcohol.
    Long Island Iced tea ftw
    #Chow!

vCash
    Thanks guys. Its not really the caffeine I'm worried about, its the 90+ grams of sugar I was getting everyday from the 2 cans of Mountain Dew
    Last edited by Gators123; 01-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Thanks guys. Its not really the caffeine I'm worried about its the 90+ grams of sugar I was getting everyday from the 2 cans of Mountain Dew
    I think Dew is pretty high in caffeine compared to other sodas, so you may have to deal with it anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    Thanks guys. Its not really the caffeine I'm worried about, its the 90+ grams of sugar I was getting everyday from the 2 cans of Mountain Dew
    Diet mountain dew, still taste pretty good to me
    #Chow!

vCash
    i haven't had a soda since the summer. it's really not that hard to do.

vCash
    I was never a big soda drinker. Back then I might have drank no more than 5 per week, now I don't drink it at all. I might have 1 soda every 6 months or so which really doesn't count.

vCash
    Its not hard. I've gone a year with out it before just drinking them again because I wanted to, not needed to.. I am currently not drink pop again now. Been about a month. All I drink is flavored water really. When I do drink Soda I go crazy with it. Multiple a day.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    I don't think drinking soda every so often is going to kill you. As long as you have a regular diet and exercise frequently, you can afford to drink a sugary drink or two when you want to enjoy life.

vCash
    I just replaced it with sparkling water and drinks like iced tea and Arnold Palmers. I had no problem.

vCash
    I've tried quitting it numerous times but it's hard to do. That said I've cut down from drinking 2 bottles of pop a day to now 2 bottles per week. Hopefully soon I'll be drinking no soda at all.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    And if anyone needs more motivation for quitting soda (and other diuretics like tea and coffee).....they GREATLY increase your chances of getting kidney stones.

I've had one (big time coffee drinker and probably was dehydrated one too many times). It's not fun. Really really really not fun. My sister-in-law has had one and also given birth and she said labor pains were less painful than the kidney stone.
    i thought coffee reduces the risk of kidney stones. coffee is magic

vCash
    Haven't had it in about three years. It's awful for you and I never really enjoyed the taste that much. All I drink now is water, OJ, and the occaisional sleepy time tea.

vCash
    I only drink diet sprite/sierra mist. Have for years.

vCash
    Same

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast