Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Anybody here quit drinking soda?

I was drinking about 2 cans a day for a few years. last week I cut it down to 1 can a day, and tomorrow I'm going to try to completely stop drinking it.

Is it as hard as most people say it is? How long do the headaches last?

vCash

ewing

Sorry i don't know the answer but I think your headaches are coming from the caffeine withdraw. Not sure if you are trying to cut out caffeine totally but a cup of tea might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Wasn't hard for me at all. Never got headaches from not drinking it either.

All I drink is water now. The other day I tried drinking some soda and it felt like it was burning my throat.

Welcome to the #tape

vCash
    Currently in my cutting phase so had to stop drinking regular soda and usually when I go out always stick to diet coke. Which honestly is just as much of a pain in the *** to get used to haha.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Man, I just quit smoking, cold turkey. Pop should be easy. You got this.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    It's easy. I did it for months and then just drank it again cause I wanted to lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gators123 View Post
    I was drinking about 2 cans a day for a few years. last week I cut it down to 1 can a day, and tomorrow I'm going to try to completely stop drinking it.

Is it as hard as most people say it is? How long do the headaches last?
    Headaches would likely be caffeine related, but could be sugar related too though.

If you're not trying to cut out caffeine, just get it from a better source like tea or coffee (where caffeine occurs naturally; when they make decaf they extract the caffeine and sell it to soda companies who refine and add it). Not that caffeine is great for you, but its better than taking in all the crap in sodas and would help any headaches. Or you can just use something else that would thin your blood. Take an aspirin or do some cardio.

Caffeine is really a drug (well, really its a pesticide that coffee beans and tea plants create to disable or kill insects that attempt to eat it), so dealing with the headaches is like any detox. Just gotta power through it.

Can't say I was ever a big soda drinker, but in my teens and early 20's I'd have it at fast food places and when I go out. These days if I had 2 sodas in a year it'd be frequent. Sometimes I'll "split" one with the wife (which is really me taking 2 sips), but it's usually something of better quality like Virgil's Root Beer or a ginger ale (not Schweppes or Canada Dry, but REAL ginger ale/ginger brew).

I can never handle the sweetness of sodas or Gatorade or any of those sugary drinks. Water is enough for me and sometimes juice.

vCash
    I just had my first soda since the new year. I occasionally stop drinking soda for a few weeks randomly across the span of the year. It's really easy. Start drinking a glass of water whenever you have a craving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Headaches would likely be caffeine related, but could be sugar related too though.

If you're not trying to cut out caffeine, just get it from a better source like tea or coffee (where caffeine occurs naturally; when they make decaf they extract the caffeine and sell it to soda companies who refine and add it). Not that caffeine is great for you, but its better than taking in all the crap in sodas and would help any headaches. Or you can just use something else that would thin your blood. Take an aspirin or do some cardio.

Caffeine is really a drug (well, really its a pesticide that coffee beans and tea plants create to disable or kill insects that attempt to eat it), so dealing with the headaches is like any detox. Just gotta power through it.

Can't say I was ever a big soda drinker, but in my teens and early 20's I'd have it at fast food places and when I go out. These days if I had 2 sodas in a year it'd be frequent. Sometimes I'll "split" one with the wife (which is really me taking 2 sips), but it's usually something of better quality like Virgil's Root Beer or a ginger ale (not Schweppes or Canada Dry, but REAL ginger ale/ginger brew).

I can never handle the sweetness of sodas or Gatorade or any of those sugary drinks. Water is enough for me and sometimes juice.
    Yup your right, its definitely from the caffeine. Sugar won't really cause headaches, It's mostly just used to cause your insulin levels to go up thus your body storing more fatty tissue thus making you a fatty

I usually get my caffeine from sugar free redbulls and although i've almost completely cut out sugar, I have yet to suffer these headaches. All these things like Caffeine and even cholesterol are not as bad as we all assume and our body actually need em.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Yep. About 2 years ago I found out I had Type 2 Diabetes, so I had to switch from regular pop to diet, and am now trying to get off of diet to avoid the chemicals etc that are in it. I have been doing unsweetened tea with Stevia. It is awesome!

I was drinking about two to three, 2 litres of Regular pop a day to nothing. That was bad, but now, I look back and can't believe that I used to drink that much pop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    Yup your right, its definitely from the caffeine. Sugar won't really cause headaches, It's mostly just used to cause your insulin levels to go up thus your body storing more fatty tissue thus making you a fatty

I usually get my caffeine from sugar free redbulls and although i've almost completely cut out sugar, I have yet to suffer these headaches. All these things like Caffeine and even cholesterol are not as bad as we all assume and our body actually need em.
    I know a few people who have done sugar fasts (apparently if you go a certain amount of days with ZERO sugar, no candy, carbs, etc. you reset your dependency on it or something) or even just cut out their candy and sweet snacks and have had headaches from it. Low blood sugar could cause them, but likely it was psychological with them haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    Yep. About 2 years ago I found out I had Type 2 Diabetes, so I had to switch from regular pop to diet, and am now trying to get off of diet to avoid the chemicals etc that are in it. I have been doing unsweetened tea with Stevia. It is awesome!

I was drinking about two to three, 2 litres of Regular pop a day to nothing. That was bad, but now, I look back and can't believe that I used to drink that much pop.
    If you have diabetes I HIGHLY recommend getting actual stevia extract, if that's not what you have. The packets are usually cut with sucralose and other garbage that isn't much better. If you get the pure extract with the eye dropper and all, its a bit better.

I think you can use Agave syrup/nectar too. Pretty sweet and doesn't cause spikes. My step-dad and 2 friends have diabetes and it helps them. Pretty good in tea too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I know a few people who have done sugar fasts (apparently if you go a certain amount of days with ZERO sugar, no candy, carbs, etc. you reset your dependency on it or something) or even just cut out their candy and sweet snacks and have had headaches from it. Low blood sugar could cause them, but likely it was psychological with them haha.
    Damn... Were they overweight? Unless they have an extremely high dependency (or eat high amounts daily) on it, I could see that happening. I am aware if you completely cut out carbs, or eat less than 50grams a day, your body will start taking a crap on you. You may lose the weight but you run health issues. Loss in energy, kidney stones, crap like that.
    #Chow!

vCash
    Wasnt hard at all, the only time I ever even think about getting soda is when im mixing it with alcohol.

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

vCash
    And if anyone needs more motivation for quitting soda (and other diuretics like tea and coffee).....they GREATLY increase your chances of getting kidney stones.

I've had one (big time coffee drinker and probably was dehydrated one too many times). It's not fun. Really really really not fun. My sister-in-law has had one and also given birth and she said labor pains were less painful than the kidney stone.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast