Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Garnett?

vCash
    I'd be really nervous trading our only 2 young movable parts for players so old...that said imagine how SICK we would be!

C Garnett/Turiaf/Hollins
    PF Blake/Hill/Turiaf
    SF Pierce/Barnes/Butler
    SG Butler/Crawford
    PG CP3/Billups/Green

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I'd be really nervous trading our only 2 young movable parts for players so old...that said imagine how SICK we would be!

C Garnett/Turiaf/Hollins
    PF Blake/Hill/Turiaf
    SF Pierce/Barnes/Butler
    SG Butler/Crawford
    PG CP3/Billups/Green

That lineup is straight filthy. You might as well award them the championship if fully healthy. No one will beat them in a seven game series.

vCash

C Garnett/Turiaf/Hollins
    PF Blake/Hill/Turiaf
    SF Pierce/Barnes/Butler
    SG Butler/Crawford
    PG CP3/Billups/Green

You think you could get KG and Pierce for Bledsoe and Jordan? Really? That's just about downright terrible for Boston.

#BostonStrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    You think you could get KG and Pierce for Bledsoe and Jordan? Really? That's just about downright terrible for Boston.
    KG/Pierce are so old, I dont think you can get much more, even if its not an ideal rebuild, those players would probably have more value on their own. I might be overrating my own players tho.

vCash
    I don't think it's likely. I'm not sure what DJ's value around the league is. He has really improved his post game but seems to regressed defensively and he defenitely taken a step back on the boards. Bledsoe is the one with the trade value but I'm not sure Boston would want him. Maybe a 3rd team like Indiana that needs a PG can be part of the deal to get some better fitting pieces over to Boston?

vCash

C Garnett/Turiaf/Hollins
    PF Blake/Hill/Turiaf
    SF Pierce/Barnes/Butler
    SG Butler/Crawford
    PG CP3/Billups/Green

Hahaha you'd have 3 of the most hated players in the league, 3 of the biggest floppers, and the dirtiest player.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    WTF? I saw this thread on the side bar and thought it was in the NBA forum.........

Excuuuuuuuse me while I leave

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    KG has a no trade clause, but I don't think he would use it if he's going to a team like the Clippers. This could be a nice trade for you. He's a good big man and it could open money for CP3 next year.

They offered Butler and Bleadsoe

Seattle Seahawks, Boise State, Notre Dame, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bajgpdd

*Clips would send a 1st.

*I could see the Celtics sending one of Lee/Barbosa and/or Collins/Wilcox.

CP3/Billups
    Crawford/Hill
    Pierce/Barnes
    Griffin/Turiaf
    KG/Hollins

Edit: Didn't realize this was in the Clippers forum.
    Last edited by Green_Monster; 02-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I think you have to be on same team 7 seasons to have a no trade clause.
    Four years with the same team, eight years in the league.

Edit: I believe there's only 4 players right now with trade protection: Kobe, KG, Dirk, Timmy
    Last edited by Corey; 02-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.

vCash
    Garnett is good but what if we cant win a championship this year and retires the next. So we gave up Bledsoe a first and Butler not worth it...Bledsoe after this year will have plenty of trade value why waste it on Garnette but Id rather do an even trade for McGee for DeAndre.

We dont win the championship this year we build for the next.

Hill looks slow get rid of him keep green and Butler but we need some more height especially when playing someone OKC.

Clippers Baby

vCash
    Read an article He has not trade clause. Hes worth it if its for DeAndre and a pick but nothing else. He will probably retire after this season definitely after the next.

AHHHHHHHH this is exciting stuff...Cant wait to find out what happens

vCash
    With you guys talking about expanding the deal to include Pierce, I think BOS might want to unload an extra contract if they're gonna move both in the same deal. This is kind of a huge trade that might be too big to make midseason, but I think it really helps you guys and puts us in better position long term:

BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, F Caron Butler, F Lamar Odom, G Eric Bledsoe, F Trey Thompkins, C Ryan Hollins

LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, F Paul Pierce, F Brandon Bass, G Leandro Barbosa

If the Celtics give up Pierce and KG, they're rebuilding. Moving Bass' deal helps with that. For you guys, it even makes some sense because in order to get Pierce and KG you guys need to include Odom which leaves you guys a little thin on the front line. Thompkins and Hollins are guy that you don't use much that have to be their for salary reasons.

This is what it does to your rotation:

Jordan -> KG: As you guys have said, huge upgrade.
    Butler -> Pierce: Another huge upgrade.
    Odom -> Bass: Bass' deal is bad for a rebuilding team, but he's a quality piece on a championship team like you guys would be. He'd be a good big off the bench.
    Bledsoe -> Barbosa: Barbosa fills the void in your guys rotation for the short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    With you guys talking about expanding the deal to include Pierce, I think BOS might want to unload an extra contract if they're gonna move both in the same deal. This is kind of a huge trade that might be too big to make midseason, but I think it really helps you guys and puts us in better position long term:

BOS gets: C DeAndre Jordan, F Caron Butler, F Lamar Odom, G Eric Bledsoe, F Trey Thompkins, C Ryan Hollins

LAC gets: F/C Kevin Garnett, F Paul Pierce, F Brandon Bass, G Leandro Barbosa

If the Celtics give up Pierce and KG, they're rebuilding. Moving Bass' deal helps with that. For you guys, it even makes some sense because in order to get Pierce and KG you guys need to include Odom which leaves you guys a little thin on the front line. Thompkins and Hollins are guy that you don't use much that have to be their for salary reasons.

This is what it does to your rotation:

Jordan -> KG: As you guys have said, huge upgrade.
    Butler -> Pierce: Another huge upgrade.
    Odom -> Bass: Bass' deal is bad for a rebuilding team, but he's a quality piece on a championship team like you guys would be. He'd be a good big off the bench.
    Bledsoe -> Barbosa: Barbosa fills the void in your guys rotation for the short term.
    I'd be happy if that trade happened, but the salaries don't work. I'd reluctantly meet almost price to get KG and Pierce here. Bass does make sense being in the trade for both teams but his contract makes the deal not work. I'm not sure the team will go into the luxury tax to make this trade either. For that reason I think this trade makes the both sense;

Clippers get; KG, Pierce, Barbosa, Wilcox
    Boston gets; Jordan, Bledsoe, Odom, Butler, Thompkins, Hollins

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=awzkfcx

vCash
    What happened was when I put my proposed trade into the machine, I didn't include Barbosa. I just assumed it wouldn't matter because his salary is so small, but it actually does. My trade with Bass works on the machine if Barbosa is taken out.

Bass being in the trade was really important from the Celtics' perspective in my idea. His contract is a hinderance to us as we rebuild. He's only making a little more than MLE type money, which isn't too bad for a contending team like you guys though so I think it makes sense to include him.

If we move Pierce and KG to the same team, that's a huge boost to their titles hopes and I'd like to be able to unload at least 1 of Bass or Terry's deals. Damn shame Barbosa's small salary makes such a difference because honestly as I thought that proposal up, I thought it was as fair a deal for both sides as you could make. Really liked what that did for each team now and in the future (obviously more now for the Clippers and future for the Celtics).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast