Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should be the Saints new 3-4 Defensive Coordinator?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romeo Crennel, Free agent

    7 70.00%
  • Eric Mangini, currently ESPN analyst

    0 0%
  • Mike Singletary, LB coach/Asst. Head coach, Minnesota Vikings

    3 30.00%
  • Keith Butler, Steelers LB coach

    0 0%
  • Todd Grantham, Georgia Defensive Coordinator

    0 0%
  • Winston Moss, ILB coach/Asst. Head coach, Green Bay Packers

    0 0%
  • Dom Capers, Packers Defensive Coordinator

    0 0%
  • Ed Donatell, DB coach, San Francisco 49'ers

    0 0%
  • Ken Norton, Seahawks LB coach

    0 0%
  • Darren Perry, safeties coach, Green Bay Packers

    0 0%
  • Pepper Johnson, LB coach, New England Patriots

    0 0%
  • other (post the name)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    6,670
    vCash
    1500
    Mangini can be water boy.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,673
    vCash
    1500
    I just hope he's not the D Coordinator. I'm hoping for Crennel but I still wouldn't mind Mangini to get some sort of job in the front office just to help the team's transition into a 3-4
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I'd love to have Ray in as a LB coach, but you don't immediately jump from player to coordinator. I like where you're going with the other options though

    Yeah there is a lot of planning and organizing that he would have to learn, but Ray Lewis is a different cat. Think about what he does best and how that directly correlates to coaching; amazing motivator that really gets teammates (and coaches!) going, incredible instincts/football smarts, knows how to condition himself very effectively, intimate knowledge of a 34 defense, and he commands the utmost respect. If there was a good staff around him, I think he would flourish as a coach.
    !WhoDat!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    I'll definitely take the Romeo/Mangini combo, but you can keep the Mangini by himself idea.
    !WhoDat!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Yeah there is a lot of planning and organizing that he would have to learn, but Ray Lewis is a different cat. Think about what he does best and how that directly correlates to coaching; amazing motivator that really gets teammates (and coaches!) going, incredible instincts/football smarts, knows how to condition himself very effectively, intimate knowledge of a 34 defense, and he commands the utmost respect. If there was a good staff around him, I think he would flourish as a coach.
    I agree I'd give him a chance at DC in a heartbeat but then again my jobs not on the line so its easy for me to say that
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La
    Posts
    4,049
    vCash
    954
    most great players never really pan out as coaches.... but most great players cant motivate like Ray Ray

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    most great players never really pan out as coaches.... but most great players cant motivate like Ray Ray
    Man that New Orleans Pelican logo and colors is HOT!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-saints-radar/

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-saints-radar/

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    None of these emoticons can convey my anger at this....

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,474
    vCash
    1500
    I don't have a problem with Rob Ryan and his scheme! He and his brother are great coaches, and he gets the Max from his players with an 'Attacking 3-4 Defense'! Rob changed Dallas's defense for the better each year, and it's a damn shame Jerry Jones fired him! It wasnt Rob's fault in Happy Valley and damn the bullschit about he runs his mouth, bcuz he backs it up! And look at how his players grew under his coaching in his defense; players like Bruce Carter, Jason Hatcher beotch azz, Morris Claiborn, Josh Brent and Sean Lee, just to name a few! Rob Ryan runs a very complicated 3-4 scheme, but he coaches up his players dating back to his Cleveland and Oakland days!

    If he's hired, All will be well!



    -Honestly, you guys aren't looking at the coach, you all are looking at hs mouth!

    FYI:
    Rob backs it up!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 02-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-saints-radar/

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

    Dallas goes to 4-3 get Monte Kiffin and Marenelli we going 3-4 possibly get Rob Ryan interesting.

    Whatevs I'll ride with Rex Ryan I think people are more put off by his looks than his actual defensive resume.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    RvA
    Posts
    234
    vCash
    1500
    I like singletary, I believe he gets a raw deal for not being able to handle an entire team in San Francisco. Did a pretty decent job in Minnesota, and I think he's a guy defensive players respect. Not quite sure how Ryan would work out though.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nats_vcu-Okc35 View Post
    I like singletary, I believe he gets a raw deal for not being able to handle an entire team in San Francisco. Did a pretty decent job in Minnesota, and I think he's a guy defensive players respect. Not quite sure how Ryan would work out though.
    What defense does Mike Singletary runs, 3-4 or 4-3?
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,142
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    What defense does Mike Singletary runs, 3-4 or 4-3?
    Singletary runs the GET OUT THERE AND KILL SOMEBODY defense!!!!!!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    I don't have a problem with Rob Ryan and his scheme! He and his brother are great coaches, and he gets the Max from his players with an 'Attacking 3-4 Defense'! Rob changed Dallas's defense for the better each year, and it's a damn shame Jerry Jones fired him! It wasnt Rob's fault in Happy Valley and damn the bullschit about he runs his mouth, bcuz he backs it up! And look at how his players grew under his coaching in his defense; players like Bruce Carter, Jason Hatcher beotch azz, Morris Claiborn, Josh Brent and Sean Lee, just to name a few! Rob Ryan runs a very complicated 3-4 scheme, but he coaches up his players dating back to his Cleveland and Oakland days!

    If he's hired, All will be well!



    -Honestly, you guys aren't looking at the coach, you all are looking at hs mouth!

    FYI:
    Rob backs it up!
    No Ryan-led defense has made it to the post-season.

    25 points a game. (24th in the league)
    19th in the league in yards per game.

    He's not backing up any talk. That's with a legit top 3 OLB in Ware and a top 5 CB in Carr. We don't even have that on our team, BB. I'd rather bring in Crennel, a humble man that loves to teach. Ryan reminds me too much of Williams and I think we want to step away from that. Now, if Romeo doesn't want to coach, I'd rather have Ryan over that damn rat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nats_vcu-Okc35 View Post
    I like singletary, I believe he gets a raw deal for not being able to handle an entire team in San Francisco. Did a pretty decent job in Minnesota, and I think he's a guy defensive players respect. Not quite sure how Ryan would work out though.
    Who wouldn't respect a HOFer like Singletary? He'll still beat the **** out of half the players in the league.

    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    What defense does Mike Singletary runs, 3-4 or 4-3?
    He was using a 3-4 when he was the HC in San Fran. Before that, he was a Linebackers coach under Mike Nolan, who runs a 3-4. That was in Baltimore and SF. Now he's the Vikings Linebackers coach, and they run a 4-3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Singletary runs the GET OUT THERE AND KILL SOMEBODY defense!!!!!!
    You're foo, UD!

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •