Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: OV needs to go.

vCash

OV needs to go.

I'm the idiot who sits at the arena for every home game with five different Ovechkin jerseys. He needs to go. There is no way the Caps will ever win a Cup with this guy.

Reasons -

1. Plays no defense at all. Doesn't understand it. Hasn't bothered to learn over many seasons.

2. Work ethic is pathetic. Hasn't improved at all on either end of the ice over the last few seasons. Same moves that defenders always stop. Picks and chooses when he's going to make an impact in a game. Takes off shifts constantly.

3. Doesn't have any type of leadership qualities. Plan and simple. Captains always have hard work ethic and the right words to say.

I have had enough of this guy. There are so many problems on this team right now it's pathetic but when your 9.8 million dollar Captain has been doing the same half *** effort for the last few seasons he becomes the source of the problem.

vCash
    Instead of Ovi, how about Neuvirth, Forsberg, and Orlov for wilds Backstrom and prospects Connoly and Rau?

vCash
    I still think he has something that can help this team, but I agree, there's no drive. Don't know why. His game hasn't evolved at that elite level like you pointed out. Production isn't constant anymore, just hit or miss.

Maybe I'm just waiting for that switch to flip and a light bulb to turn bright. Always thought there were better options out there for captain. To me, Ovechkin is a care free player that is exciting and a fun loving guy. Definitely not the leader type though.

And you're 100% right about his shot that always gets blocked. Has bugged me the past few seasons when other teams figured it out and he didn't adjust.

vCash
    Something has to happen for sho.
    Love DC Sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post
    I'm the idiot who sits at the arena for every home game with five different Ovechkin jerseys. He needs to go. There is no way the Caps will ever win a Cup with this guy.

Reasons -

1. Plays no defense at all. Doesn't understand it. Hasn't bothered to learn over many seasons.

2. Work ethic is pathetic. Hasn't improved at all on either end of the ice over the last few seasons. Same moves that defenders always stop. Picks and chooses when he's going to make an impact in a game. Takes off shifts constantly.

3. Doesn't have any type of leadership qualities. Plan and simple. Captains always have hard work ethic and the right words to say.

I have had enough of this guy. There are so many problems on this team right now it's pathetic but when your 9.8 million dollar Captain has been doing the same half *** effort for the last few seasons he becomes the source of the problem.
    Pretty sure Ovi heard you, his game over the past 2 months is more than enough to shut you up...

vCash
    It's definitely shutting everyone in D.C. up. But he should have been displaying this drive all the time.

vCash
    OV is a beast...he will be a capital for life, stop over reacting and making video game proposal's threads to trade him...

vCash
    I agree, Ovechkin's a scrub. Trade him for scraps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    I agree, Ovechkin's a scrub. Trade him for scraps.
    I agree too! I know let's trade him to the Red Wings, I'm sure they will do us a favor and take the MVP off our hands for a few spare parts. They are good guys like that.

vCash
    Helm for Ovechkin? An injured Helm has about the same trade value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Ovechkin isn't the problem. The problem with the Caps is defense, goaltending and scoring that doesn't come from Ovie or Backstrom. Ward has had a solid year, but other than that, players not on the top line just aren't doing their part. Mike Green is the only Cap who must go. He is a defenseman, but he plays no defense.

vCash
    Your a idiot. He's one of the top 5 players in the world. Has been since he arrived. What the capitals need is a solid, reliable netminder. Might I remind you we once had a young man by the name of Semyon Varlamov, but McPhee essentially let him go for Neuvirth and holtby. This is the same GM who traded away one of the top prospects in Filip Forsberg for dog crap Erat. Maybe he should be fired.

vCash
    Yeah, please send him to Philadelphia. You can take anyone you want other than Giroux.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Yeah, please send him to Philadelphia. You can take anyone you want other than Giroux.
    It would never happen, but can you imagine those two on the same line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolayo View Post

Reasons -

I’d prefer to keep the NHL’s only 50 goal scorer. Ovechkin is not the problem. This team needs a GM and a coach that know what they’re doing. McPhee has been given every opportunity and has done an OK job. We deserve better than OK. Oates seems lost. You are not an idiot for sitting in the arena… You are an idiot for making this suggestion.