Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

R.A Dickey Up Close

I guess i missed that but here it is:
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201..._dickey_video/

vCash
    Two yakkers talking about my Lord and Savior qualifies as R.A. Dickey Up Close? Are the out of their f-ing minds?

Show me the Man himself. Let me hear the Man say his own words. Ya know, it's not biblical times anymore where we have to rely on third person testimony to read all about Our Lord and Savior. Thanks to modern technology and the fact that the Man is actually alive and well and pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays, we can hear and see Him for ourselves!

Geez.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Two yakkers talking about my Lord and Savior qualifies as R.A. Dickey Up Close? Are the out of their f-ing minds?

Show me the Man himself. Let me hear the Man say his own words. Ya know, it's not biblical times anymore where we have to rely on third person testimony to read all about Our Lord and Savior. Thanks to modern technology and the fact that the Man is actually alive and well and pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays, we can hear and see Him for ourselves!

Geez.
    I guess you have to scroll down for the 3 parter. The Digital Dose section is downright dumb and dumber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I guess you have to scroll down for the 3 parter. The Digital Dose section is downright dumb and dumber.
    The Former Bishop concurs.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The Former Bishop concurs.
    Nice cheap signing with Marcum, good on ya. Maybe the best change up in baseball and as a former SS a great fielding pitcher. Tough as nails bit of a prick kind of competitor. When healthy.

vCash
    Nice cheap signing with Marcum, good on ya. Maybe the best change up in baseball and as a former SS a great fielding pitcher. Tough as nails bit of a prick kind of competitor. When healthy.
    Great! Can he play the outfield too?

vCash
    Nope. But, for the small price of TDA we'll be happy to send you Rasmus. Deal? Before you say JC no, can we please revisit this non-deal next September for some 9 months later perspective?

vCash
    Nope. But, for the small price of TDA we'll be happy to send you Rasmus. Deal? Before you say JC no, can we please revisit this non-deal next September for some 9 months later perspective?
    The former Bishop is happy to revisit anything, as long as you remind him.

vCash
    Great! Can he play the outfield too?
    He probably could if he wanted to, but that would take time

As a the former bishop of the C of D, you're gonna LOVE Shaun Marcum. An ordinary everyman from the Midwest, our subject makes hitters look downright silly armed only with an 85 mile-an-hour fastball, a good-to-great changeup and 3 average pitches. The man, if you can even call him that, is a true artist on the mound, spinning a web of doubt in hitters minds with 5 different pitches at 4 different speeds moving in 5 different directions, while simultaneously painting the corners of home plate. Don't take this guy to be a softie either, Shaun Marcum the man is a warrior who knows no fear, daring major league hitters to hit an 85-mile-an-hour fastball up in the zone.

In all honesty, Shaun Marcum will probably be the Mets' best pitcher this season if he stays healthy, and he is an absolute steal at 4 million. Dude's a marvel to watch, a player who was once my most favourite player in all of baseball until a guy named Jose Bautista morphed from journeyman to Home Run King in 1 season. Good luck with Marcum. I've always thought this guy could be one of the best in baseball if he kept progressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    He probably could if he wanted to, but that would take time

As a the former bishop of the C of D, you're gonna LOVE Shaun Marcum. An ordinary everyman from the Midwest, our subject makes hitters look downright silly armed only with an 85 mile-an-hour fastball, a good-to-great changeup and 3 average pitches. The man, if you can even call him that, is a true artist on the mound, spinning a web of doubt in hitters minds with 5 different pitches at 4 different speeds moving in 5 different directions, while simultaneously painting the corners of home plate. Don't take this guy to be a softie either, Shaun Marcum the man is a warrior who knows no fear, daring major league hitters to hit an 85-mile-an-hour fastball up in the zone.

In all honesty, Shaun Marcum will probably be the Mets' best pitcher this season if he stays healthy, and he is an absolute steal at 4 million. Dude's a marvel to watch, a player who was once my most favourite player in all of baseball until a guy named Jose Bautista morphed from journeyman to Home Run King in 1 season. Good luck with Marcum. I've always thought this guy could be one of the best in baseball if he kept progressing.
    Many thanks for the encouragement! We're very high on one of our kid pitchers, Matt Harvey, who showed great promise in his debut last season. And we keep hearing that Zach Wheeler who should make his debut no later than the second half of 2013 could be even better.

But I'll certainly keep an eye out for Marcum. If you're painting an accurate portrait (and for all I know you're pulling my leg) Marcum may become the central figure of a brand new church. That said, I'm often wary of pitchers who like to challenge hitters with 85 MPH fastballs up in the zone.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at least until i actually see him for myself.

vCash
    Many thanks for the encouragement! We're very high on one of our kid pitchers, Matt Harvey, who showed great promise in his debut last season. And we keep hearing that Zach Wheeler who should make his debut no later than the second half of 2013 could be even better.

But I'll certainly keep an eye out for Marcum. If you're painting an accurate portrait (and for all I know you're pulling my leg) Marcum may become the central figure of a brand new church. That said, I'm often wary of pitchers who like to challenge hitters with 85 MPH fastballs up in the zone.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at least until i actually see him for myself.
    You're welcome! Harvey and Wheeler look pretty solid, and what do you know Shaun Marcum in his last season with the Blue Jays was noted as having a very positive influence on the young pitchers as the leader of the staff.

And nope, I'm not pulling your leg, he's that good. The problem with Marcum is that, while I'm no expert, I've heard from different sources that his mechanics are not great, which has led to injuries and fatiguing down the stretch, most famously in September and October 2011, which included 3 very playoff blowups. Oddly enough, as a Milwaukee Brewer in 2011-2012, Marcum's ERA in 175 innings away from Miller Park was 2.96, and that's including a playoff meltdown. This is a pitcher that can easily post an ERA in the low 3s for the Mets if he can fix his problems with injuries and fatigue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan4ever View Post
    You're welcome! Harvey and Wheeler look pretty solid, and what do you know Shaun Marcum in his last season with the Blue Jays was noted as having a very positive influence on the young pitchers as the leader of the staff.

And nope, I'm not pulling your leg, he's that good. The problem with Marcum is that, while I'm no expert, I've heard from different sources that his mechanics are not great, which has led to injuries and fatiguing down the stretch, most famously in September and October 2011, which included 3 very playoff blowups. Oddly enough, as a Milwaukee Brewer in 2011-2012, Marcum's ERA in 175 innings away from Miller Park was 2.96, and that's including a playoff meltdown. This is a pitcher that can easily post an ERA in the low 3s for the Mets if he can fix his problems with injuries and fatigue.
    LOL, if the worst thing about Marcum is that he fades in September, then we're good! Our season will most likely be over by mid August anyway.

vCash
    LOL, if the worst thing about Marcum is that he fades in September, then we're good! Our season will most likely be over by mid August anyway.
    Hahaha, you guys are gonna loooooove Marcum.

vCash
    A new episode is up and this one is about the winter tour, really cool one.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/201...s_winter_tour/

vCash
    I just caught this for the first time on the weekend and I found him very well spoken, open and articulate.
    The Jays landed a great pitcher and an even better person. Always refreshing to hear an athlete discuss something other than the typical banal topics of money and stats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast