Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    If we're bringing in someone for next year, it should be an upgrade, not a lateral move.
    At this point I think Jason Campbell is an upgrade from Sanchez.
    Not too many QBs aren't.

It could be worse though, we could have Arizona's trio of signal callers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not too many QBs aren't.

Campbell is a back up for a reason.. I don't see him being better then Sanchez at all.. Lets get a older qb who sucks and give our young qb a ride out of town? Don't make much sense to me
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Campbell is a back up for a reason.. I don't see him being better then Sanchez at all.. Lets get a older qb who sucks and give our young qb a ride out of town? Don't make much sense to me
    So because someone was a backup that means they should never get a chance to start?

Tom Brady would beg to differ! So would Aaron Rodgers!

And yes I will give an older QB with some knowledge of the game, the start over a 4 year starter that stills plays like a rookie.

Campbell is more talented than Sanchez, but I don't think he's the man the Jets bring in.

In the end, I still see the Jets either making a move for Flynn, TJackson or bringing in a rook to compete with your Sanchize.

vCash
    Not too many QBs aren't.

This is the kind of thinking that gets GM's fired. Anything is better than (insert name here) is a emotional and reactionary.

Campbell is a lateral move at best. At worst, he's a downgrade. If Campbell is the answer, I'd like to hear the question. There are better inexpensive options out there.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    But if you bring in a veteran, then I have 2 questions: #1, do you still draft someone in the draft? And #2, what do you do with Greg McElroy?
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    So because someone was a backup that means they should never get a chance to start?

Tom Brady would beg to differ! So would Aaron Rodgers!

And yes I will give an older QB with some knowledge of the game, the start over a 4 year starter that stills plays like a rookie.

Campbell is more talented than Sanchez, but I don't think he's the man the Jets bring in.

In the end, I still see the Jets either making a move for Flynn, TJackson or bringing in a rook to compete with your Sanchize.
    Campbell was a starter, and he was replaced because he fumbles if you breathe on him. Half the posters in this forum wanted him in 2009 before the Jets drafted Sanchez.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    This is the kind of thinking that gets GM's fired. Anything is better than (insert name here) is a emotional and reactionary.

Campbell is a lateral move at best. At worst, he's a downgrade. If Campbell is the answer, I'd like to hear the question. There are better inexpensive options out there.
    Thinking that Sanchez is your franchise QB is the type of emotional and reactionary thinking that gets GMs fired.

Wait. That's already happened.

If Sanchez is your answer, the Jets don't need to hear your question.
    They've played and lost at that game.

And didn't I say there were better options than Campbell that the Jets will probably go to, and even though there are, Campbell is still better than Sanchez.

At his best he easily trumps Sanchez, at his worse he'd put up numbers just like Sanchez which isn't that hard to do.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Campbell was a starter, and he was replaced because he fumbles if you breathe on him. Half the posters in this forum wanted him in 2009 before the Jets drafted Sanchez.
    He was replaced because Washington and Oakland switched OCs almost every year, so he went to Chicago as Cutler's backup.

And if the Jets could do 2009 over, the should have gone after Campbell, or taken Freeman (as I wanted).

Revisionist theory aside, you can not convince me that Campbell is worse than Sanchez, when Campbell hasn't played on teams with half the talent as Sanchez has had.

vCash
    He was replaced because Washington and Oakland switched OCs almost every year, so he went to Chicago as Cutler's backup.

And if the Jets could do 2009 over, the should have gone after Campbell, or taken Freeman (as I wanted).

Revisionist theory aside, you can not convince me that Campbell is worse than Sanchez, when Campbell hasn't played on teams with half the talent as Sanchez has had.
    Campbell also has not played in about 2 years. You don't know if he is better worse or the same as Sanchez.. Do you have stats that prove he is a better option other then yournsanchez hate?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    I don't like Campbell because he is nothing more than a 1 year stop gap. I'd rather draft a QB and just go with Sanchez, McElroy, Draft Pick and let the best one get the job.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash

Revisionist theory? How about revisionist history?

In 2009, Campbell had 15 INT's and 13 fumbles as a 4th year QB. You would have hated him as much as you hated Sanchez.

And if the Jets had done 2009 over and gone with Clemens and drafted a WR in the first round (as I wanted), things might have been very different for the past 4 years, and we might have drafted a different QB in 2010, 2011, or 2012.

I really wish Sanchez could be gone, in 2013 if only to silence the armchair quarterbacks who think they know more than the experts. However, I know that the economics will keep him here so I want to see him finally get some talent around him and see what he is or is not. The Jets cannot afford someone like Flynn or Smith...neither of whom I have a lot of faith in anyway, but that's another conversation.

So the team needs a veteran QB who is relatively inexpensive. There are a few who can actually compete with Sanchez, but Campbell has proven that he's not better, and he hasn't even played for almost 2 years. He's probably worse.

As for the talent that Sanchez has had around him, who might that be? He has never had anything resembling a true #1 WR, and his RB's were not elite (TJ, then an over the hill LT, and then there was 2012). Campbell had Betts and Portis as his RB, and Santana Moss, Antwoine Randle El, Brandon Lloyd, and Chris Cooley to throw to while they were all in their primes in Washington. When has Sanchez EVER had that kind of talent?

Then in Oakland, he had McFadden and Michael Bush at RB, and his WR/TE were Darrius Heyward-Bey, Zach Miller, Louis Miller, and Denarius Moore. The RB's were very good, and the receivers, while not stellar, were better than the Jets' WR's.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Revisionist theory? How about revisionist history?

In 2009, Campbell had 15 INT's and 13 fumbles as a 4th year QB. You would have hated him as much as you hated Sanchez.

And if the Jets had done 2009 over and gone with Clemens and drafted a WR in the first round (as I wanted), things might have been very different for the past 4 years, and we might have drafted a different QB in 2010, 2011, or 2012.

I really wish Sanchez could be gone, in 2013 if only to silence the armchair quarterbacks who think they know more than the experts. However, I know that the economics will keep him here so I want to see him finally get some talent around him and see what he is or is not. The Jets cannot afford someone like Flynn or Smith...neither of whom I have a lot of faith in anyway, but that's another conversation.

So the team needs a veteran QB who is relatively inexpensive. There are a few who can actually compete with Sanchez, but Campbell has proven that he's not better, and he hasn't even played for almost 2 years. He's probably worse.

As for the talent that Sanchez has had around him, who might that be? He has never had anything resembling a true #1 WR, and his RB's were not elite (TJ, then an over the hill LT, and then there was 2012). Campbell had Betts and Portis as his RB, and Santana Moss, Antwoine Randle El, Brandon Lloyd, and Chris Cooley to throw to while they were all in their primes in Washington. When has Sanchez EVER had that kind of talent?

Then in Oakland, he had McFadden and Michael Bush at RB, and his WR/TE were Darrius Heyward-Bey, Zach Miller, Louis Miller, and Denarius Moore. The RB's were very good, and the receivers, while not stellar, were better than the Jets' WR's.

I agree with all of this. He's going to be here next year, so let's put the most talent we can around him and go from there.

Also, does anyone else think that since Rex is such a great defensive coach that we should be pouring all of our resources into offense, and see if Rex can craft a solid defense comprised of roll players and second-tier talent? Seems more sensible than bringing in top flight defensive players and letting the offense suffer. At least Rex can give a less talented defense a shot to compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    I agree with all of this. He's going to be here next year, so let's put the most talent we can around him and go from there.

Also, does anyone else think that since Rex is such a great defensive coach that we should be pouring all of our resources into offense, and see if Rex can craft a solid defense comprised of roll players and second-tier talent? Seems more sensible than bringing in top flight defensive players and letting the offense suffer. At least Rex can give a less talented defense a shot to compete.
    No on this point. Water always rises and sinks to it's natural level despite displacement and swells.

Second tier talent might step it up in certain situations, but ultimately this would create a second tier defense.

The thing is that the Jets have plenty of talent on defense as it stands, and if Coples, Mo, and Ellis turn out to be as good as they could be, this is a top 5 defense. Without Revis, they were a top 10, and top 5 in pass defense. Imagine how good they'd be with a legitimate pass rush.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    No on this point. Water always rises and sinks to it's natural level despite displacement and swells.

Second tier talent might step it up in certain situations, but ultimately this would create a second tier defense.

The thing is that the Jets have plenty of talent on defense as it stands, and if Coples, Mo, and Ellis turn out to be as good as they could be, this is a top 5 defense. Without Revis, they were a top 10, and top 5 in pass defense. Imagine how good they'd be with a legitimate pass rush.

Agreed, and I think I need to clarify my point. I agree with the fact that we have a talented defense. I assume we're all thinking Pace, Scott and possibly Thomas won't be back. I wouldn't be opposed to focusing our resources on offense, and filling those holes with stop-gaps. We already have Davis ready to slide in for Scott, and I think Mcentyre (?spelling) is the type of player I'm talking about. I think we could start him next year without seeing a significant drop off. Another example, if we manage to resign Landry, I think we could fill in for Bell with Allen or a re-tread from somewhere else on the cheap, again without a significant drop-off.

Just trying to find creative ways to build around Sanchez in the reality of the salary cap. At some point you are going to have to "rob peter to pay paul", and given the talent on this defense, other than possibly resigning Landry, I would like to see them go all out for offense where they can, especially in the draft. I really don't want to see them take another defensive player in the first, unless he is the overwhelming BPA.

This brings up another question, are Pace, Thomas, Pouha, etc really solid NFL starters at this point, or did they look better than they were over the last couple of years because they're a product of the system. And I don't have an answer, but just food for thought.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Mr. Magoo;25225388]No on this point. Water always rises and sinks to it's natural level despite displacement and swells.

Also, that's a prophetically awesome way of putting that. Although with the Jets I might have said sewage instead of water...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast