Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The three things you mentioned in that post weren't true in 2012. What were you relying on him to do? Greene couldn't run the ball. Keller never got it going. Kerley has been a nice late round surprise he could be the Cotchery we've been missing -- marks only go to guy. To quote Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson could have started for the Jets this year if he stopped drinking.
    Let's be real, 4 years into the legue can you honestly look at Sanchez and say you've seen the kind of development from him to warrant him being the unquestioned franchise QB of the NYJets?

I haven't, and I'm willing to bet most people on here would agree that his skills and decision making as a QB haven't improved since he's been in the league.

So try defend him if you want, there are QBs that are putting up better numbers with less than what sanchez has.

I guess sanchez is still the sanchize to some of you, but that ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Let's be real, 4 years into the legue can you honestly look at Sanchez and say you've seen the kind of development from him to warrant him being the unquestioned franchise QB of the NYJets?

I haven't, and I'm willing to bet most people on here would agree that his skills and decision making as a QB haven't improved since he's been in the league.

So try defend him if you want, there are QBs that are putting up better numbers with less than what sanchez has.

I guess sanchez is still the sanchize to some of you, but that ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned.
    I don't think the ship has sailed, but the luster is gone and he's going to have a lot to prove if he's still here in 2013.

He hasn't developed, but that doesn't mean he can't be coached up. If Smith was able to turn it around in SF after 6 years, Sanchez can turn it around after 4.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I don't think the ship has sailed, but the luster is gone and he's going to have a lot to prove if he's still here in 2013.

He hasn't developed, but that doesn't mean he can't be coached up. If Smith was able to turn it around in SF after 6 years, Sanchez can turn it around after 4.
    I think most people will agree Alex Smith > Mark Sanchez.

If only from the standpoint, that Alex Smith showed he's capable of not getting his team beat by his play, and it didn't take 6 years for Smith to show it.

Sanchez most certainly can turn it around, but not here.
    NY is a different kind of market than anywhere else in the league, what's going to happen when Sanchez throws his 1st interception in the 1st game, or Sanchez lights up the 1st game like he did Buff this year and then stinks up the next few weeks.
    You think this media market here is going to relent on him?

He may be stuck here, but I don't get how some of you are so pleased with having Sanchez back as the unquestioned starting QB of this franchise...
    (unless you think he will suck, and allow the Jets to get Teddy Bridgewater or Logan Payne)

vCash

If only from the standpoint, that Alex Smith showed he's capable of not getting his team beat by his play, and it didn't take 6 years for Smith to show it.

NY is a different kind of market than anywhere else in the league, what's going to happen when Sanchez throws his 1st interception in the 1st game, or Sanchez lights up the 1st game like he did Buff this year and then stinks up the next few weeks.

He may be stuck here, but I don't get how some of you are so pleased with having Sanchez back as the unquestioned starting QB of this franchise...
    (unless you think he will suck, and allow the Jets to get Teddy Bridgewater or Logan Payne)
    There's a huge difference between accepting what is inevitable and hoping for the best vs. being happy about it.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash

i never called him the undisputed franchise qb. don't know where youre getting that from.

if he gets beat out sure.

i don't know where you get this carry hishead on a stick mentality. i mean he had a terrible year on a terrible team and they still weren't picking #1

vCash

i never called him the undisputed franchise qb. don't know where youre getting that from.

i don't know where you get this carry hishead on a stick mentality. i mean he had a terrible year on a terrible team and they still weren't picking #1

vCash
    There's a huge difference between accepting what is inevitable and hoping for the best vs. being happy about it.
    That's the difference between our thought processes on the Jets QB situation; you consider sanchez the inevitable starter next year, I don't.

vCash
    That's the difference between our thought processes on the Jets QB situation; you consider sanchez the inevitable starter next year, I don't.
    The difference between our thought process is that you assume you know what I think because it allows you to be argumentative.

I absolutely don't consider him the inevitable stater next year. I think a veteran is going to be brought in to compete for the starting job.

I consider Sanchez's presence on the team most likely inevitable. Since he's probably going to be on the team, he might be the starter. If he is the starter, I'd like to see him succeed. If Moore, Jackson, Henne, or someone else is the starter, I'd like to see them succeed.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post

Undisputed?
    Carry his head on a stick?

What are you... nevermind, this has gone on too long.

Your sanchize has zero confidence from his teammates, the fans, the media, if mgm't brings in comp for him then they're telling you that they don't really believe in him either, I question whether he even believes in himself, but at least he has your undying pledge of loyalty in sanchizism.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash

I don't agree that smith is better. I don't want smith. I think he will potentially be worse. Yes I know the numbers are better but if you put sanchez on that 49er's team, how would he have done with that line, RB and WR?
    i don't even think Sanchez's ship has sailed in Ny. I think i will be extremely difficult for him to turn it around but he can. He needs to quickly get the mental toughness we have criticized him for lacking and use it. He needs to get mean and not be the "Face Of the Fracnhise" Stop being polite and pretending he's not pissed off when he is, be nasty to the media and that sort of thing.
    He also needs to accept that he is not the QB the jets have told him he is. He is not a star. He is not a savior. He is not a great QB. He needs to accept who he is as a player and where his strengths and weaknesses lay.
    If he does both these things, I believe he will do well in any city he plays. But if he lets ego, the FO or NY color his vision, he's screwed.

I hope he can do it. Even if you hate him, how cool would it be to see him come back and have a season of 3000+at 62+% with 30td/12int and we get into the Playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't agree that smith is better. I don't want smith. I think he will potentially be worse. Yes I know the numbers are better but if you put sanchez on that 49er's team, how would he have done with that line, RB and WR?i don't even think Sanchez's ship has sailed in Ny. I think i will be extremely difficult for him to turn it around but he can. He needs to quickly get the mental toughness we have criticized him for lacking and use it. He needs to get mean and not be the "Face Of the Fracnhise" Stop being polite and pretending he's not pissed off when he is, be nasty to the media and that sort of thing.
    He also needs to accept that he is not the QB the jets have told him he is. He is not a star. He is not a savior. He is not a great QB. He needs to accept who he is as a player and where his strengths and weaknesses lay.
    If he does both these things, I believe he will do well in any city he plays. But if he lets ego, the FO or NY color his vision, he's screwed.

I hope he can do it. Even if you hate him, how cool would it be to see him come back and have a season of 3000+at 62+% with 30td/12int and we get into the Playoffs?
    I know this idea has been talked about at length, but it is one that I do agree with. When you look at our offense, all you have to do is look at Braylon Edwards to tell how bad our WR weapons are: How many WR's, who are #4 on another team's depth chart, get picked up on waivers on Wednesday, have their first practice Thursday afternoon, and Monday Night are playing the 2nd most percentage of snaps at WR?

Or look at the Rams game-- Your starting WR/TE: Chaz Schellins, Clyde Gates, and Jeff Cumberland.

I look at so many teams and their reserves would INSTANTLY be starters for the NY Jets. There has to be a HUGE influx of better talent, especially on offense if you want Sanchez, or any QB for that matter, to do better things.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I know this idea has been talked about at length, but it is one that I do agree with. When you look at our offense, all you have to do is look at Braylon Edwards to tell how bad our WR weapons are: How many WR's, who are #4 on another team's depth chart, get picked up on waivers on Wednesday, have their first practice Thursday afternoon, and Monday Night are playing the 2nd most percentage of snaps at WR?

Or look at the Rams game-- Your starting WR/TE: Chaz Schellins, Clyde Gates, and Jeff Cumberland.

I look at so many teams and their reserves would INSTANTLY be starters for the NY Jets. There has to be a HUGE influx of better talent, especially on offense if you want Sanchez, or any QB for that matter, to do better things.
    are we really going down this road again.... Sanchez would not be much better on another team, when he had a star studded cast he still was at best a game manager. TO WIN GAMES YOU CANT BE A GAME MANAGER ANYMORE!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    are we really going down this road again.... Sanchez would not be much better on another team, when he had a star studded cast he still was at best a game manager. TO WIN GAMES YOU CANT BE A GAME MANAGER ANYMORE!
    The Jets have not had a star studded cast during Sanchez's career. Not one pro bowler at a skill position on offense.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    The Jets have not had a star studded cast during Sanchez's career. Not one pro bowler at a skill position on offense.
    So now we're trying to make it seem like sanchez had absolutely no one decent on offense around him?
    Really.

Holmes and Edwards are good enough to start on nearly all teams around the league.
    Keller would be a dream TE in many other systems.
    TJones, Green, LT none of them were gamebreakers but they were all serviceable.

How many excuses do you need to make for sanchez before you realize that he's just not that good.

"Excuses for Sanchez".
    Sounds like a charity.

vCash
    So now we're trying to make it seem like sanchez had absolutely no one decent on offense around him?
    Really.

Holmes and Edwards are good enough to start on nearly all teams around the league.
    Keller would be a dream TE in many other systems.
    TJones, Green, LT none of them were gamebreakers but they were all serviceable.

How many excuses do you need to make for sanchez before you realize that he's just not that good.

"Excuses for Sanchez".
    Sounds like a charity.
    I was going to reply to Magoo but you covered all my bases...

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast