Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 125
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    Agreed, and I think I need to clarify my point. I agree with the fact that we have a talented defense. I assume we're all thinking Pace, Scott and possibly Thomas won't be back. I wouldn't be opposed to focusing our resources on offense, and filling those holes with stop-gaps. We already have Davis ready to slide in for Scott, and I think Mcentyre (?spelling) is the type of player I'm talking about. I think we could start him next year without seeing a significant drop off. Another example, if we manage to resign Landry, I think we could fill in for Bell with Allen or a re-tread from somewhere else on the cheap, again without a significant drop-off.

    Just trying to find creative ways to build around Sanchez in the reality of the salary cap. At some point you are going to have to "rob peter to pay paul", and given the talent on this defense, other than possibly resigning Landry, I would like to see them go all out for offense where they can, especially in the draft. I really don't want to see them take another defensive player in the first, unless he is the overwhelming BPA.

    This brings up another question, are Pace, Thomas, Pouha, etc really solid NFL starters at this point, or did they look better than they were over the last couple of years because they're a product of the system. And I don't have an answer, but just food for thought.
    Pouha is a very good NT. He's a run stuffer who is adequate against the pass, but he's in no way a top tier player. That's not a bad thing, and you can't build a team with only superstars. Pouha is definitley a guy you should have on the team. Pace and Thomas are dime a dozen types.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,591
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Moore and henne always looked like a better qb then Sanchez even with a shity lolphins team
    **** the Phins but they got better pieces on offense than New York and I'm not talking about qb
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Pouha is a very good NT. He's a run stuffer who is adequate against the pass, but he's in no way a top tier player. That's not a bad thing, and you can't build a team with only superstars. Pouha is definitley a guy you should have on the team. Pace and Thomas are dime a dozen types.
    Pouha was a very good NT, and he's not adequate against the pass, he's never been a factor against the pass.

    Last year was possibly his worst year since he began starting.

    But that said, the Jets need to see if Bo is fully recuperated from his previous injury, and if so then maybe another year or 2 here.

    He should return, but he'd probably be most effective as part of a committee.


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Pouha was a very good NT, and he's not adequate against the pass, he's never been a factor against the pass.

    Last year was possibly his worst year since he began starting.

    But that said, the Jets need to see if Bo is fully recuperated from his previous injury, and if so then maybe another year or 2 here.

    He should return, but he'd probably be most effective as part of a committee.
    I don't think he's a starter this year unless the Jets switch to a 4-3. He's a good NT because he's a run stuffer. He's not a pass rusher, and I never suggested he is, but he holds his blocks and does a good job at opening lanes for others on the blitz. He is most certainly adequate against the pass.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Campbell also has not played in about 2 years. You don't know if he is better worse or the same as Sanchez.. Do you have stats that prove he is a better option other then yournsanchez hate?
    Do you have stats that he is a worse option other than your sanchez love?


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,591
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Do you have stats that he is a worse option other than your sanchez love?
    Yeah he washed out of Oakland and Washington

    But like he said, he hasn't even played.

    Perfectly fine bringing him in -- especially since he's not going to cost much. If he beats out Sanchez he beats him, all there is to it.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Do you have stats that he is a worse option other than your sanchez love?
    Yea they are all over the place nfl.com you might have to look back 3 or 4 years to get a full season of stats from him.. But you can look them up..

    I just don't believe he is better then Sanchez at this age..
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

    2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Yeah he washed out of Oakland and Washington

    But like he said, he hasn't even played.

    Perfectly fine bringing him in -- especially since he's not going to cost much. If he beats out Sanchez he beats him, all there is to it.
    That's all I'm saying is that he would be a low cost alternative worth bringing in.
    Let him and Sanchez battle it out.

    One thing I will say about JCampbell, and that's out of every QB that I've seen play football in the NFL, I've never seen a QB get more F'd over than him.

    I look at JCampbell as a talented QB, that was never given stability during his developmental years when he needed it most.

    Guess that's just the nature of the game though.


  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    Yea they are all over the place nfl.com you might have to look back 3 or 4 years to get a full season of stats from him.. But you can look them up..

    I just don't believe he is better then Sanchez at this age..
    Thanks for proving my point, because Jason Campbell's best year was better than Sanchez's best year.
    Maybe you should check nfl.com and see for yourself.

    Some of you don't want to admit this but as mediocre/bad as sanchez has played the past few years, he actually regressed last year.

    How much better do you think he will get?
    He had the OL, he had the RBs (committee), he had 2 solid WRs, and he was only "mediocre" (and I use that term loosely) when the team and he were at its best.

    What else must he prove to you that he's not capable of being the franchise QB of the NYJets?

    I really believe the best thing for sanchez would be to find another team and get a fresh start where hopefully he can potentially reboot his career and not have to deal with the pressures of NY.

    And if that makes me a hater, than screw you nut huggers.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-29-2013 at 06:46 PM.


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,591
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    How much better do you think he will get?
    He had the OL, he had the RBs (committee), he had 2 solid WRs, and he was only "mediocre" (and I use that term loosely) at his best.
    huwha? the Jets have been a trainwreck at these 3 spots.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    huwha? the Jets have been a trainwreck at these 3 spots.
    So when the Jets had TJones/LT and Shonne Green, your saying the RBs were a trainwreck?
    When the Jets had a healthy Holmes and Edwards, the WRs were a trainwreck?
    When they had Woody, Moore, Mangold, Brick and Faneca/Slausen in tact, the OL was a trainwreck?

    To quote Homie, "I don't think so."


  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,897
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So when the Jets had TJones/LT and Shonne Green, your saying the RBs were a trainwreck?
    When the Jets had a healthy Holmes and Edwards, the WRs were a trainwreck?
    When they had Woody, Moore, Mangold, Brick and Faneca/Slausen in tact, the OL was a trainwreck?

    To quote Homie, "I don't think so."
    That's the problem he never had all of them at once. I'm not saying he's great or good..I would just like to see us stick with a guy and try to develop him.. The kid is 25 he has room to improve IMO..
    Leave my nutt huggers alone..
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

    2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,591
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So when the Jets had TJones/LT and Shonne Green, your saying the RBs were a trainwreck?
    When the Jets had a healthy Holmes and Edwards, the WRs were a trainwreck?
    When they had Woody, Moore, Mangold, Brick and Faneca/Slausen in tact, the OL was a trainwreck?

    To quote Homie, "I don't think so."
    And those were 2 of the 4 most successful teams in Jets history. Last year and this year he did not have that. He improved year to year until now.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,539
    vCash
    1428
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    And those were 2 of the 4 most successful teams in Jets history. Last year and this year he did not have that. He improved year to year until now.
    So when the Jets needed to rely on their QB instead of carrying him, sanchez was NO WHERE to be found.

    Correction: They found him head first in Brandon Moore's azz!


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    18,591
    vCash
    5000
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    So when the Jets needed to rely on their QB instead of carrying him, sanchez was NO WHERE to be found.

    Correction: They found him head first in Brandon Moore's azz!
    The three things you mentioned in that post weren't true in 2012. What were you relying on him to do? Greene couldn't run the ball. Keller never got it going. Kerley has been a nice late round surprise he could be the Cotchery we've been missing -- marks only go to guy. To quote Cris Carter, Keyshawn Johnson could have started for the Jets this year if he stopped drinking.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •