Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    We didn't learn anything from that... Michael Bush is too slow. He is a complimentary back and not worth $4 mil a year. He averaged 3.6 with the Bears this year. Not much better than DMC, even as a change of pace for the Bears. If you don't remember, he didn't do crap as the featured back in Oakland either.

I would keep Jacoby. Some of the plays he made as a rookie were monsterous, he was a very reliable weapon that year. The next year he fell off the map and had some drops, but he was still great for special teams. In 2012 I give him a pass for injury.

IMO, I give the nod to Jacoby because he is cheaper, can produce comparable numbers in the pass game as DHB, and he makes our ST 10x better. DHB is over-paid, can't catch, has been healthy and still can't produce, and we can pay a true #1 receiver with his money.

I think this is a no brainer.
    I undestand bush was a money issue..as far as ford produciong comparable #'s.. dhb..105 receptions in last 2 yrs..ford 44 in 2 yrs..only thing he caught last year was an injury..last 2 yrs 9 tds for dhb, in 2 yrs 3 tds for ford. I am not anti jacoby, but lets keep things in perspective...ford is acting more like an edsel than a mustang.

vCash
    I don't know how we could even consider keeping DHB. He's a low-end #2 WR who scheduled to make #1 WR money. That seems like a no brainer. I think Ford will get a chance to make the team, but he will end up being replaced by a slot WR/kick returner type. So I'm predicting neither in 2013.

vCash
    We're keeping Ford, if for no other reason than we still need a returner.

DHB only stays if his salary is renegotiated AND we don't find someone with better hands and route running skills via the draft or FA. In short, I don't think DHB will be a Raider in 2013-2014. Love the energy and work ethic, but maybe it's ok to see what else is out there. And it just might do DHB a world of good to continue to develop elsewhere.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Ford's a *****. We can't count on him and I hope he gets traded. What likely happens though is DHB gets cut and Ford stays to help in our KR game.

If we bring back Ford and/or DHB - they better be placed last in the depth chart and have to work their way up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    I undestand bush was a money issue..as far as ford produciong comparable #'s.. dhb..105 receptions in last 2 yrs..ford 44 in 2 yrs..only thing he caught last year was an injury..last 2 yrs 9 tds for dhb, in 2 yrs 3 tds for ford. I am not anti jacoby, but lets keep things in perspective...ford is acting more like an edsel than a mustang.
    By no means am I vouching for these guys to stay. But, if I had to choose one, it would be Ford. Mainly for the price he plays at and his ST role.

vCash
    Streater and Criner on the outside with Moore in the slot.

It's about the QB, the system and the O/L.

It's all about the offensive line - when the big dudes up front can block, everything else works. With maybe 3-4 exceptions at either position, skill players are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    trade the only player we have that gets yards after the carry?, besides reece and the newly acquired streator, you guys are bored! cut it out! i say criner is the odd man out because hagan is even better than him so forget about it...itll be jford, dhb, streator, criner, hagan ,next year get used to it, reggie wont fix whats not broke...
    What about Moore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I like what Ford did for us, I love his desire to get the ball. I like DHB, but not as the number one receiver. Last year sucked for both of them. What really sucks is that Ford is injured a lot. We have to have healthy players that can stay on the field. Our WRs right now would be 1. Moore 2. DHB 3. Streeter 4. Ford 5. Criner
    6. Hagan. If we get a vet possession receiver one of them is out. Probably Hagan. Then the order is mixed up depending on the new guy's skill set.
    really I think our # 1 receiver will be streater, dhb #2, moore in the slot, #4 criner, between ford and hagan for #5
    Last edited by raiderdave; 01-25-2013 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

It's all about the offensive line - when the big dudes up front can block, everything else works. With maybe 3-4 exceptions at either position, skill players are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.
    This is the best thing ive heard in awhile. I know the skill guys is what everyone wants cause theyre exciting, but to me a mean offensive line with all 5 guys who are beast is one of the most exciting things in the game. It might be cause i played LT but the teams success is all centered around those five guys up front. A qb can find anyone open with all day to throw. Any running back can get gains with huge holes from the line. The OL makes everything work and work effectively. We need to fix this issue and the offense will make gains on that alone.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    This is the best thing ive heard in awhile. I know the skill guys is what everyone wants cause theyre exciting, but to me a mean offensive line with all 5 guys who are beast is one of the most exciting things in the game. It might be cause i played LT but the teams success is all centered around those five guys up front. A qb can find anyone open with all day to throw. Any running back can get gains with huge holes from the line. The OL makes everything work and work effectively. We need to fix this issue and the offense will make gains on that alone.
    Its not a coincidence that every time we've been good, we've had a killer o-line.

-Stork

vCash
    I think both will be gone. Streater should be our #1 to start the season.

vCash
    I think they should keep all of their receivers. Let's not hold them responsible for the poor passing game.
    Yeah, they dropped some passes, but they're young. I think they'll get better.

vCash
    I say cut DHB because he's a douche and he's not that good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I think they should keep all of their receivers. Let's not hold them responsible for the poor passing game.
    Yeah, they dropped some passes, but they're young. I think they'll get better.
    That`s just beautiful we should keep the entire team together, we`re good to go as is lol.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post

Thats kinda what Ive seen for 45 years as well.

I would prefer to build a team around dominant lines and suffer through the occasional mediocre season because skill players werent very good,then to have great skill players that cant find a whole or an extra second to break away.

Randy Moss sure looked fine once he got To NE.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast