Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The smart ones want to keep the player that can`t stay on the field, that`s not shocking. The Oakland Raiders need drastic changes and this isn`t gonna happen without dumping some slugs. Oh ya that includes the qb who hasn`t won more than 4 games in a season since 09, lead the offense to 3 total points the entire season in the first quarter ( a NFL first ), had 2 drives over 5 minutes long the entire season (a NFL first), Oakland currently has no bigger problem than #3 it`s so evident even a caveman could identify this.
    again more tunnel vision...dont know why you hate carson so much..its not like he's Randy Moss,jerry porter or deangelo hall. Again..this is a thread on jacoby ford or dhb, not qb. fact is dhb has shown himself to be much more consistent than ford...yeah ford's exciting...when he plays..but even then comes nowhere near dhb's receptions. Didnt we llearn anything from letting the injury free consistent michael bush go and kept the more exciting albeit glass dmac. With bush we would have won more games,no matter who the qb was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    ] Fact is dhb has shown himself to be much more consistent than ford...yeah ford's exciting...when he plays..but even then comes nowhere near dhb's receptions. Didnt we llearn anything from letting the injury free consistent michael bush go and kept the more exciting albeit glass dmac. With bush we would have won more games,no matter who the qb was.
    You got a point there RaiderDave, but i don't think Bush ever stood chance with our whole cap situation and Mcfadden coming off of a strong year before once again getting injured...I gotta admit though, I still miss Bush a little bit
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    again more tunnel vision...dont know why you hate carson so much..its not like he's Randy Moss,jerry porter or deangelo hall. Again..this is a thread on jacoby ford or dhb, not qb. fact is dhb has shown himself to be much more consistent than ford...yeah ford's exciting...when he plays..but even then comes nowhere near dhb's receptions. Didnt we llearn anything from letting the injury free consistent michael bush go and kept the more exciting albeit glass dmac. With bush we would have won more games,no matter who the qb was.
    We didn't learn anything from that... Michael Bush is too slow. He is a complimentary back and not worth $4 mil a year. He averaged 3.6 with the Bears this year. Not much better than DMC, even as a change of pace for the Bears. If you don't remember, he didn't do crap as the featured back in Oakland either.

I would keep Jacoby. Some of the plays he made as a rookie were monsterous, he was a very reliable weapon that year. The next year he fell off the map and had some drops, but he was still great for special teams. In 2012 I give him a pass for injury.

IMO, I give the nod to Jacoby because he is cheaper, can produce comparable numbers in the pass game as DHB, and he makes our ST 10x better. DHB is over-paid, can't catch, has been healthy and still can't produce, and we can pay a true #1 receiver with his money.

I think this is a no brainer.
    Last edited by blakersburris; 01-25-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: grammar

vCash
    I can't believe we are even having this conversation when an undrafted rookie had better hands then either.

Forget about the homerun, I'll take the base hits all day. We dot need three homerun threats, Moore is fine. We need more guys that can sit on a route and a catch. I liked DHB coming into last year but his cap hit is huge for his production.

I'm eating crow and agreeing with the need to pay a veteran WR. We don't score, Moore needs someone to deflect attention to break free, ad I'm tired of watching our WR's kill drives.

Streater>both these guys

vCash
    I like what Ford did for us, I love his desire to get the ball. I like DHB, but not as the number one receiver. Last year sucked for both of them. What really sucks is that Ford is injured a lot. We have to have healthy players that can stay on the field. Our WRs right now would be 1. Moore 2. DHB 3. Streeter 4. Ford 5. Criner
    6. Hagan. If we get a vet possession receiver one of them is out. Probably Hagan. Then the order is mixed up depending on the new guy's skill set.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Lol, our receivers are from hunger.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I like what Ford did for us, I love his desire to get the ball. I like DHB, but not as the number one receiver. Last year sucked for both of them. What really sucks is that Ford is injured a lot. We have to have healthy players that can stay on the field. Our WRs right now would be 1. Moore 2. DHB 3. Streeter 4. Ford 5. Criner
    6. Hagan.
    If we get a vet possession receiver one of them is out. Probably Hagan. Then the order is mixed up depending on the new guy's skill set.
    Take DHB out of the group and add Jennings.

1. Jennings
    2. Moore
    3. Streeter
    4. Ford
    5. Criner
    6. Hagan

vCash
    For being a smaller wide receiver, Jacoby Ford has a lot of fight in him. He gets after the ball. He keeps his mouth shut and plays hard. I like what he brings to the table. His kick returning abilities are tremendous. On the other hand, I can't help but like DHB. The kids works hard at his craft and has a good attitude. My problem with DHB is the lack of production for his pay scale. IMO Jacoby Ford will have more impact on this team in 2013, especially with Streater and Criner taking on a larger role.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    trade the only player we have that gets yards after the carry?, besides reece and the newly acquired streator, you guys are bored! cut it out! i say criner is the odd man out because hagan is even better than him so forget about it...itll be jford, dhb, streator, criner, hagan ,next year get used to it, reggie wont fix whats not broke...
    I don't think Criner will be cut after his rookie season, he showed some potential towards the end too. I think missing some of the preseason with an injury really hurt his progress. Plus as a 5th round pick, he's gotta be making near minimum, so I don't think he gets cut. I think DHB would get cut first bc he gets paid like the 7th overall pick. We wouldn't be missing much, considering he has averaged 2.5 receptions per game and 1 TD every 5 games over his illustrious four-year career.

Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The smart ones want to keep the player that can`t stay on the field, that`s not shocking. The Oakland Raiders need drastic changes and this isn`t gonna happen without dumping some slugs. Oh ya that includes the qb who hasn`t won more than 4 games in a season since 09, lead the offense to 3 total points the entire season in the first quarter ( a NFL first ), had 2 drives over 5 minutes long the entire season (a NFL first), Oakland currently has no bigger problem than #3 it`s so evident even a caveman could identify this.
    What exactly are you trying to achieve here? Surely you know we don't work for the Raiders or have any influence in their decisions. Why are you trying so hard to convince people to turn against Palmer? You should just type a paragraph about how much Palmer sucks and then just copy+paste it at the beginning AND end of every one of your posts, that way you'd save so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    I don't know why Ford still gets so much praise. He's quickly become the wide receiver version of DMC. A few flashes a talent, but mostly underachieving and injury prone. Luckily be wasn't a 1st round pick like DMC.
    I think Ford's problem is that he doesn't work out his lateral movement because his whole life he's been a track star.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I have every confidence that McKenzie will continue to take the trash out, these two and certainly McFadden included.

Next offseason should be very exciting.

-Stork
    I think 2014 and on will be exciting times to be a Raiders fan again.

Quote Originally Posted by 00raider81 View Post
    [Ausberry] was a beast at receiver at USC!! Won't happen, but i feel, if we get a true #1, we have the pieces.
    no he wasn't, he had like 700yds over a 5yr career @ USC (redshirted). How is it that Meyers got so many damn receptions and Ausberry had 7 rec for 92yds? Ausberry's got 5x the athletic ability of Meyers, so even if he was #2 TE, they should've been closer.

For example, Vernon Davis had 41rec for 548yds/5 TDs while Delani Walker got 21rec for 344yds/3TDs, and they had a bunch of other guys around them who deserve the ball. On our team, Reece and DMC each had more production in the passing game than most of our WRs.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    It's crazy the number of ppl that want to keep Ford instead of DHB, ppl wanna keep the man that cant stay health to produce rather then the guy that stays healthy and seem to get better every year, I dont get it. I'd cut bate with Ford I'm sure we can pick up someone in F.A. that can produce on special teams. I like Ford but to tell you the truth I really think he was a one hit wonder, cause he didn't look good in pre-season at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    McFadden can't stay healthy.............why keep him?
    leave dmc alone hes had **** for an oline ever since hes been here and the best qb hes seen is palmer.the bad run blocking schemes is whats been killing his yardage and dmc gets hurt when there is no blocking for him so all you dmc haters ....quit it!

vCash
    they should make a vest for DHB out of hard plastic where it sticks out a foot or in front of him, and make him wear it in practice until next season starts. Maybe that way he'd learn to catch a slant on 3rd-and-short.

like this sort of:

Mr. Burns Gorilla Vest
    Last edited by mberr; 01-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Keep jacoby ford , he makes meager salary like in the hundred thousand range for his position and will be a deep threat and great return man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    leave dmc alone hes had **** for an oline ever since hes been here and the best qb hes seen is palmer.the bad run blocking schemes is whats been killing his yardage and dmc gets hurt when there is no blocking for him so all you dmc haters ....quit it!
    I don't know how toothpicks got into this. The guy was born with turf toe and hasn't completed a season in all 5 years in the league, the O-Line has nothing to do with his inability to play through some oww-ies. He has been decent as a receiver when he is actually on the field, so maybe that is how he got into it.

Really, you almost have to give all of these guys mulligans because of the O coordinator. DHB won't be gone next year because of the cap and looked ok before the Knapp debacle. His hands improved and actually made some catches in traffic. Ford better come back and look like he hasn't lost a step in the return game or he could be gone. Moore, Streeter, and Criner are all young dudes that will continue to develop. Moore looked good for about 6 games this year and is clearly the best we have. Streeter and Criner shined in their own ways at times, but those guys are the ones that need to get the ball in the red zone in coverage and let them use their big bodies to block out a smaller corner to go up and get it and that didn't happen.

I would not be surprised to see McKenzie bring in some URFAs to compete or to draft a potential weapon later in the draft.

Jennings is a pipe dream. Packers would be dumb to let him go, and if they did, why the heck would he want to play in Oakland? Another team will clearly outbid us due to our cap issues...possibly one with a winning record and some coaching stability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    If we had to keep one, I'd keep Ford. He's still more of a natural playmaker than DHB.
    You think so.....in the last 2 yrs....dhb has 105 receptions and 9 tds...in 2 yrs ford has 44 receptions and 3 tds..and of course did not step on field in in 2012....fords big thing was a kr..that was linited by new kickoff rules. But here is a question, if ford stays healthy why is it an either or choice. Unless we have to unload dhbs salary..still you dont know if ford will stay healthy.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast