Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    I don't know why Ford still gets so much praise. He's quickly become the wide receiver version of DMC. A few flashes a talent, but mostly underachieving and injury prone. Luckily be wasn't a 1st round pick like DMC.

I think what saves Ford is the price tag, he must come dirt cheap. Oakland will hang on for 2 more seasons hoping he can be available for 32 games, if not it`s off to the Jets with Schilens lol.

Maybe Oakland could arrange Ford exercising his routing in a wheelchair, he`s pretty good at hurting himslef without contact from the enemy.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-25-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I dislike being down on Palmer but you can`t dismiss all these failures season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, season 5, season 6, season 7, season 8, season 9, and season 10. Upon us is season 11 and Palmer has 1 playoff game under his belt, I don`t even think he finished the game. What form is he going to step up into exactly? its just exhausting and the Bengal fans are celebrating 2 consecutive playoff appearances immediately after his departure with a rookie.

I`ll give you this, you`re well composed and that`s appreciated.

You maybe Carson Palmer, are you? lol

LOL. He is my favorite player, been a fan of his for a long time. I guess when you become a fan, you become unconditional about it, almost akin to how you tolerate the family screwup. I agree with the criticism. His play for the most part has been unacceptable. I guess the difference between you and I is that you have seen enough and I think he can find his game. I admit though, I am a homer. My judgement in this matter may be compromised, but I am rooting for the guy.

vCash
    I dislike being down on Palmer but you can`t dismiss all these failures season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, season 5, season 6, season 7, season 8, season 9, and season 10. Upon us is season 11 and Palmer has 1 playoff game under his belt, I don`t even think he finished the game. What form is he going to step up into exactly? its just exhausting and the Bengal fans are celebrating 2 consecutive playoff appearances immediately after his departure with a rookie.

I`ll give you this, you`re well composed and that`s appreciated.

You maybe Carson Palmer, are you? lol
    You do realize football is a team game right?

Most of his INTs were when teams "trapped" him out of the 2 deep shell. The CB jumps the route knowing he has S help over the top.

If you don't want trap coverages then run the football effectively.

Does the fact we couldn't run the ball factor in to that criticism?

Do you know how not running the ball effects coverages?

Blaming CP for our problems only exposes you as a typical know nothing fan.

Sorry but the shoe fits!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post

Most of his INTs were when teams "trapped" him out of the 2 deep shell. The CB jumps the route knowing he has S help over the top.

Sorry but the shoe fits!
    Swami you are what your record says you are, you can list 20 excuses on the other family members if you wish. What does it change, absolutely nothing.

History speaks louder than any of your offerings, therefore we`ll excuse your drivel.

Oakland ran the ball pretty nicely in 2011, Palmer went 4 - 5 time to pull out the couch excuse ?
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-25-2013 at 01:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    LOL. He is my favorite player, been a fan of his for a long time. I guess when you become a fan, you become unconditional about it, almost akin to how you tolerate the family screwup. I agree with the criticism. His play for the most part has been unacceptable. I guess the difference between you and I is that you have seen enough and I think he can find his game. I admit though, I am a homer. My judgment in this matter may be compromised, but I am rooting for the guy.
    I understand that devotion takes control unconditionally, I`ve been a Raider fan since 1972 and I admit it was a lot easier as a teenager. At 49 I`m expecting a minimal of 34 more Super Bowls viewed, one more for the road would be appreciated lol.

vCash
    Get rid of both of them one can't catch dhb and one can't stay healthy J ford. Let's get palmer some real wideouts so these plamer haters can see what the man can do when you give him some horses to throw to.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    If we had to keep one, I'd keep Ford. He's still more of a natural playmaker than DHB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    If we had to keep one, I'd keep Ford. He's still more of a natural playmaker than DHB.
    The man can't stay on the field we need a strong route runner and wideouts that can catch the ball constantly .T O. and chad Johnson out played all of our receivers the last year they played and they are so called washed up we need a fresh start at the wideout position asap.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    they both are playmakers but ford is to unreliable with injuries

vCash
    The smart ones want to keep the player that can`t stay on the field, that`s not shocking. The Oakland Raiders need drastic changes and this isn`t gonna happen without dumping some slugs. Oh ya that includes the qb who hasn`t won more than 4 games in a season since 09, lead the offense to 3 total points the entire season in the first quarter ( a NFL first ), had 2 drives over 5 minutes long the entire season (a NFL first), Oakland currently has no bigger problem than #3 it`s so evident even a caveman could identify this.
    We get it already, he's not who you want! Don't make this thread about Palmer! He's not going anywhere next year!

I keep ford if anything, I think we still need a veteran WR who's had some success. DHB should def. be cut. He's worked hard but isn't a number 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post

Sorry but the shoe fits!
    no they werent they were off tips and from recievers being bumped off their routes ....as to your question. yes. it does because lack of production from a rb makes a 4000 yard passer for nothing..never blame your best offensive weapon when hes doing well, and that was palmer, and myers and streator. rb's have big years based on O_LINE PLAY PERIOD if the oline sucks so does the rb and qb, besides i can prove it carlisle, briesel, smith, and barnes that almost more than half of the line and they suck dude (MAJOR) and i dont care if he wasnt sacked all the time, we couldnt run block worth ****, and palmer was always running for his life, and then dmc couldnt run anywhere, and its not his fault ....****** oline coach=****** pass/run blockers which = ****** rb yardage and ****** play calling = losing games and ****** special teams = lost games to and we fixed all those problems...fingers crossed.nice points all of them except the traps...
    Last edited by RAIDERCOACH; 01-25-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
    ― André Gide, Autumn Leaves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Neither
    Exactly

RM has already shown he could bring guys in that can eclipse what both DHB and Ford can provide.

I wouldn't be surprised or sleep less at night if they have both taken their last snaps with the Raiders.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    If DHB restructures i beleive RM & DA will give him another shot due to his work ethic, passion/love for the game and Greg Knapp (don't think i need to explain my reasoning on Knapp) and as for Ford, I don't think he's going any where unless we draft or trade for another KR. Plus their giving DMC another shot after under producing by not being able to stay healthy, not to mention he was a first round draft pick as to where Ford was our last pick i beleive or one of our last picks (if my memory suits me well)...I've heard DA, RM & GO all talk about needing/wanting versatile and multi faseted "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and i think Ford meets those requirements.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    Ford is done here i believe. The guy cant stay healthy why keep him? He had one break out year and hasnt shown much since. DHB its a 50/50 thing with me. I like him and he is a good kid. His production hasnt been there but he has gotten better. If he can restructure and take a pay cut i dont see any reason to get ride of him. its hard to judge the offense guys after last year cause everything took such a big step back.
    McFadden can't stay healthy.............why keep him?

vCash
    ^ I agree - Dhb in my opinion is a lost cause. This guy has been given every chance possible. He just has questionable hands and route running. Our receiving corps is bad and has been for a long time. DHB would be the choice here because Ford is not much of a cap hit. DHB however is something around 8 million for someone who has to trap the ball in his chest to catch it. He also disappears throughout entire games

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast