Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Last year was one season. I'll give everybody on offense a pass based on playcalling. But again, last year was only 1 year in four. What's DHB's excuse for the other 3 seasons? Sure he's improved, but has he played up to par with his salary? I personally don't think so. I expect much more out of him. Think about this: DHB was paid more than Anquan Boldin, Roddy White and Larry Fitzgerald in 2012. He's not worth that type of cash and cannot be compared to any of the players I just mentioned. Just stop and think about it.
    you must be forgetting the fact that dhb was scheduled to bust out like all rookies on their 3rd year, and he did it with a couple yards short of a thousand ,made numerous round the back, one handed ,and super covered catches, and got yards after the catch, then napp came into town and hes production went down ...its really that simple

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Palmer doesn`t get a pass here, it`s not a big secret the Raiders have a losing quarterback. It won`t be easy upgrading the receiver position with Palmer behind center, he`s a career killer and everyone knows it except the Raider fans.

Jennings and Driver may surface in New England with Reed, maybe 2 out of 3.
    wow you guys are blind and too criticle maybe lienhart wouldve done better?....how about hell no !...we have a winning qb like manning he just needs the right oc and oline and were in playoff territory...next year will have you eating your hats! hes no career killer, f that your the career killer! with all your BS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    best raider qbs of all time

1. Jim Plunkett
    2. Ken Stabler
    3. Daryle Lamonica
    4. Carson Palmer
    5. Rich Gannon
    6. George Blanda
    7. Jeff Hostetler
    8.Tom Flores
    9. Jay schroeder
    10.Vince Evans
    see what im talking about if we were at a sports bar and they called cp a career killer id kill their career on the spot ...this proves palmer greatness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERCOACH View Post
    see what im talking about if we were at a sports bar and they called cp a career killer id kill their career on the spot ...this proves palmer greatness
    Lol...what? Dave's inclusion of Palmer on his list (again, no offense Dave) proves Palmer's greatness? I think that only proves the lack of talent we've had at the position over the years.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Lol...thats a pretty hideous list. No offense Dave, just not a lot to work with.

Pretty much Stabler, Plunkett, Gannon and maybe Hostetler....the rest are either before my time or awful.

-Stork
    sometimes i have to ask myself if your even a fan stork you better know stats he passed gannon(4,689 yards and 26 touchdowns and recording a career-high 97.2 passer rating) on the list as a qb for us with the most yardage in a season because he didnt have the same offense or talent period that why hes where he was at on the list damn...
    Last edited by RAIDERCOACH; 01-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Last year was one season. I'll give everybody on offense a pass based on playcalling. But again, last year was only 1 year in four. What's DHB's excuse for the other 3 seasons? Sure he's improved, but has he played up to par with his salary? I personally don't think so. I expect much more out of him. Think about this: DHB was paid more than Anquan Boldin, Roddy White and Larry Fitzgerald in 2012. He's not worth that type of cash and cannot be compared to any of the players I just mentioned. Just stop and think about it.
    In year 3, DHB had 64 catches for 975, without playing in at least two, and maybe, three games. Then he got blindsided in the Pittsburgh game. He's not Jerry Rice, but with a redo of his contract, I'll keep him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Lol...what? Dave's inclusion of Palmer on his list (again, no offense Dave) proves Palmer's greatness? I think that only proves the lack of talent we've had at the position over the years.

-Stork
    hey i love you stork but i take great offense to that i loved our qbs and yes we always had less a qb than most teams but superbowls count for something ?...right? so any decent qb makes us happy 4000 yards with the ******** oline and knapps predictive play calling i cant believe cp got over 4k and everyone of those qbs are raiders greats its not right for a raider brother to **** on our only greatness in the qb area....you crazy stork but valid

vCash
    hey i love you stork but i take great offense to that i loved our qbs and yes we always had less a qb than most teams but superbowls count for something ?...right? so any decent qb makes us happy 4000 yards with the ******** oline and knapps predictive play calling i cant believe cp got over 4k and everyone of those qbs are raiders greats its not right for a raider brother to **** on our only greatness in the qb area....you crazy stork but valid
    Super Bowls are everything....and thats the reason Plunkett gets respect.

But 4000 yards? In today's era of jumped up stats? It just doesn't mean much to me. Palmer is not the 4th best QB in team history. He's just not that good. He's Vinny Testeverde or Kerry Collins...same kind of player.

-Stork

vCash
    wow you guys are blind and too criticle maybe lienhart wouldve done better?....how about hell no !...we have a winning qb like manning he just needs the right oc and oline and were in playoff territory...next year will have you eating your hats! hes no career killer, f that your the career killer! with all your BS!
    That`s the quote of the year so far in 2013, we have a winning qb like Manning lol. That quote is gonna be hard to beat.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Even DHB's best year would be considered a down year for #1 wideouts. I never said I dislike DHB, and if you view my posts from years past, I always stuck up for the kid. He works hard and has great charecteristics, but the bottom line is he's not putting up the numbers he's getting paid for.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    That`s the quote of the year so far in 2013, we have a winning qb like Manning lol. That quote is gonna be hard to beat.
    no its the truth the few years before he came to oakland he was elite for cincy he put up aaron rodgers ,payton manning, and brady type numbers and never got respect and ask yourself why would they trade him for a 1st and second rounder if he wasnt good? they planned on him being starter before dalton but dalton was panning out and they moved on without him but they wanted compensation for his talent, thats why there was that clause for a 1st rounder again in 2013 because they thought he could really take us to the next level and if it wouldve happened early on they be getting our 1st rounder this year. ill take these next two years rebuilding first this year with a #1 pick and a 3 over all and watch palmer 4000 become 5000 and all of the sudden youll say hes to old or get rid of him well hes good or youll be on his bandwagon if none of this happens im happy rebuilding with pryor and ill stick to that..

vCash
    read all of this for comparison, then pick your jaw from the ground! in years, he wasnt performing ,it was do to injury, SO ALL YOU CARSON PALMER HATERS CAN SUCK A DUCK .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>In 2005, the Palmer-led Cincinnati Bengals ended fifteen years of futility by notching their first winning season since 1990 and winning the division with an 11–5 record.

Statistically, Palmer had a stellar individual season, throwing a league-high 32 touchdown passes and leading the league in completion percentage. He became the first Cincinnati Bengals quarterback to finish with a quarterback rating over 100, setting the team record in that category; and he also tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games, 9, with a triple-digit quarterback rating.

In Week 1, Palmer completed 26 out of 34 passes and 2 passing touchdowns against the Browns. The Bengals won the game 27-13. In Week 2, Palmer had another great game, throwing for 337 yards to go along with 3 passing touchdowns and an interception. Palmer threw 3 more touchdown passes in Week 3 against the Chicago Bears to improve to 3-0. That was the first time the Bengals have started the season 3-0 since 1990.

In Week 4, Palmer again had a rating over 100 in a game against the Houston Texans. Against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 5, Carson completed 22 out of 33 passes for 239 yards and 2 touchdowns. However, the Bengals lost their first game of the year, 23-20. The Bengals would bounce back against the Titans in Week 6. Palmer threw for 272 passing yards and 2 more passing touchdowns. His rating was over 100 for the ninth straight game dating back to last season. “He feels like he’s invincible, but right now he knows he can go win it the next play,” Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said of his quarterback. “He doesn’t have to win it on every play. And I think that says a lot for how he is and how important he is to this football team.”2006 season

Palmer returned in time for the 2006 preseason. After the Bengals' 48–17 pre-season victory over the visiting Green Bay Packers on August 28, 2006, which saw Palmer complete 9 of 14 passes for 140 yards and three touchdowns in just less than two quarters of play in his much-expected debut (which included an 11-yard run for a first down that culminated in a slide on his surgically repaired left knee), Palmer reiterated his position that he would be starting in the Bengals' season opener at Kansas City.

His performance drew rave reviews from many experts, many of whom expected far less of him less than a year after such a serious injury. ESPN analyst Joe Theismann, himself a former quarterback with the Washington Redskins (whose own career was ended by a gruesome broken leg against the New York Giants on November 18, 1985), praised Palmer for his mental toughness in taking hits and not being gun-shy about staying in the pocket where chances of injury are often high.

Palmer ended up starting all 16 of the Bengals' regular season games, missing only one snap, due to his getting the wind knocked out of him. He actually did not become totally comfortable with his repaired knee until week 9 against the Chargers when he threw for a career high of 440 yards. Despite his previous injury, he passed the 4,000 yard mark for the first time in his career, finishing the season with a franchise record 4,035 passing yards and 28 touchdowns, only 13 interceptions and 93.9 rating. He also made the Pro Bowl for the second year in a row, becoming the first Bengals quarterback to do this since Boomer Esiason in 1988 and 1989. Palmer was named Most Outstanding Player at the Pro Bowl, leading the AFC down the field in the final two minutes for the win. He completed 8 of 17 passes for 190 yards and 2 touchdowns, one to his Bengals teammate Chad Johnson. Palmer placed 3rd in voting for NFL Comeback Player of the Year, behind Drew Brees and Chad Pennington. Unfortunately, his team suffered quite a few misfortunes, such as missed point afters and field goals, while slipping from an 11–5 record in 2005 to 8–8 in 2006 and failing to make the playoffs due to a game 16 loss against their hated rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After winning the Pro Bowl MVP, Palmer declared, "This is a huge honor and extremely exciting and I feel very blessed just to be here, let alone for the outcome to be this. But my goal's to be in a Super Bowl. And to win a Super Bowl. That's where my mind's at, and after this week I'm going to start focusing on that again." During the 2007 off-season, Palmer had scheduled workouts with not only Chad Johnson (which he usually did), but receivers T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Tab Perry. He also said he was fully comfortable with his knee.[9]2009 season

In the season opener, Palmer threw the ball 33 times for 247 yards, 2 interceptions, and no touchdowns in a 12–7 loss against the Denver Broncos. The critics sought another mediocre season for the Bengals, with a lack of offensive production. The offense bounced back in week 2 against the Green Bay Packers. Palmer threw for 185 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions in a 31–24 win. In week 7 against the Chicago Bears, Palmer was 20 of 24 passing, with 5 touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 146.7, in a 45–10 win. This win improved the Bengals' record to 5–2. After a 16–7 win against the Cleveland Browns in week 12, the Bengals swept their division for the first time in franchise history. Going into a week 15 game at San Diego, Bengals' receiver Chris Henry died. Playing with a heavy heart, Carson Palmer threw for 314 yards, with 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception, but only to lose on a last second field goal by the Chargers. Palmer had a 91.7 passer rating with 2 touchdowns and only 1 interception in 17-10 week 16 win against the Kansas City Chiefs. This win assured the Bengals' first winning season and division title since 2005. In Palmer's first full playoff game, he struggled. Palmer threw the ball with a 50 percent completion percentage, with 1 touchdown, 1 interception, and a 53.8 passer rating, in a 24–14 loss to the New York Jets. Carson Palmer finished the 2009 season with a 60.5 completion percentage, 3,094 yards passing, 21 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, and a passer rating of 83.6.

vCash
    read all of this for comparison, then pick your jaw from the ground! in years, he wasnt performing ,it was do to injury, SO ALL YOU CARSON PALMER HATERS CAN SUCK A DUCK .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>In 2005, the Palmer-led Cincinnati Bengals ended fifteen years of futility by notching their first winning season since 1990 and winning the division with an 11–5 record.

Statistically, Palmer had a stellar individual season, throwing a league-high 32 touchdown passes and leading the league in completion percentage. He became the first Cincinnati Bengals quarterback to finish with a quarterback rating over 100, setting the team record in that category; and he also tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games, 9, with a triple-digit quarterback rating.

In Week 1, Palmer completed 26 out of 34 passes and 2 passing touchdowns against the Browns. The Bengals won the game 27-13. In Week 2, Palmer had another great game, throwing for 337 yards to go along with 3 passing touchdowns and an interception. Palmer threw 3 more touchdown passes in Week 3 against the Chicago Bears to improve to 3-0. That was the first time the Bengals have started the season 3-0 since 1990.

In Week 4, Palmer again had a rating over 100 in a game against the Houston Texans. Against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 5, Carson completed 22 out of 33 passes for 239 yards and 2 touchdowns. However, the Bengals lost their first game of the year, 23-20. The Bengals would bounce back against the Titans in Week 6. Palmer threw for 272 passing yards and 2 more passing touchdowns. His rating was over 100 for the ninth straight game dating back to last season. “He feels like he’s invincible, but right now he knows he can go win it the next play,” Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said of his quarterback. “He doesn’t have to win it on every play. And I think that says a lot for how he is and how important he is to this football team.”2006 season

Palmer returned in time for the 2006 preseason. After the Bengals' 48–17 pre-season victory over the visiting Green Bay Packers on August 28, 2006, which saw Palmer complete 9 of 14 passes for 140 yards and three touchdowns in just less than two quarters of play in his much-expected debut (which included an 11-yard run for a first down that culminated in a slide on his surgically repaired left knee), Palmer reiterated his position that he would be starting in the Bengals' season opener at Kansas City.

His performance drew rave reviews from many experts, many of whom expected far less of him less than a year after such a serious injury. ESPN analyst Joe Theismann, himself a former quarterback with the Washington Redskins (whose own career was ended by a gruesome broken leg against the New York Giants on November 18, 1985), praised Palmer for his mental toughness in taking hits and not being gun-shy about staying in the pocket where chances of injury are often high.

Palmer ended up starting all 16 of the Bengals' regular season games, missing only one snap, due to his getting the wind knocked out of him. He actually did not become totally comfortable with his repaired knee until week 9 against the Chargers when he threw for a career high of 440 yards. Despite his previous injury, he passed the 4,000 yard mark for the first time in his career, finishing the season with a franchise record 4,035 passing yards and 28 touchdowns, only 13 interceptions and 93.9 rating. He also made the Pro Bowl for the second year in a row, becoming the first Bengals quarterback to do this since Boomer Esiason in 1988 and 1989. Palmer was named Most Outstanding Player at the Pro Bowl, leading the AFC down the field in the final two minutes for the win. He completed 8 of 17 passes for 190 yards and 2 touchdowns, one to his Bengals teammate Chad Johnson. Palmer placed 3rd in voting for NFL Comeback Player of the Year, behind Drew Brees and Chad Pennington. Unfortunately, his team suffered quite a few misfortunes, such as missed point afters and field goals, while slipping from an 11–5 record in 2005 to 8–8 in 2006 and failing to make the playoffs due to a game 16 loss against their hated rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After winning the Pro Bowl MVP, Palmer declared, "This is a huge honor and extremely exciting and I feel very blessed just to be here, let alone for the outcome to be this. But my goal's to be in a Super Bowl. And to win a Super Bowl. That's where my mind's at, and after this week I'm going to start focusing on that again." During the 2007 off-season, Palmer had scheduled workouts with not only Chad Johnson (which he usually did), but receivers T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Tab Perry. He also said he was fully comfortable with his knee.[9]2009 season

In the season opener, Palmer threw the ball 33 times for 247 yards, 2 interceptions, and no touchdowns in a 12–7 loss against the Denver Broncos. The critics sought another mediocre season for the Bengals, with a lack of offensive production. The offense bounced back in week 2 against the Green Bay Packers. Palmer threw for 185 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions in a 31–24 win. In week 7 against the Chicago Bears, Palmer was 20 of 24 passing, with 5 touchdowns, no interceptions, and a passer rating of 146.7, in a 45–10 win. This win improved the Bengals' record to 5–2. After a 16–7 win against the Cleveland Browns in week 12, the Bengals swept their division for the first time in franchise history. Going into a week 15 game at San Diego, Bengals' receiver Chris Henry died. Playing with a heavy heart, Carson Palmer threw for 314 yards, with 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception, but only to lose on a last second field goal by the Chargers. Palmer had a 91.7 passer rating with 2 touchdowns and only 1 interception in 17-10 week 16 win against the Kansas City Chiefs. This win assured the Bengals' first winning season and division title since 2005. In Palmer's first full playoff game, he struggled. Palmer threw the ball with a 50 percent completion percentage, with 1 touchdown, 1 interception, and a 53.8 passer rating, in a 24–14 loss to the New York Jets. Carson Palmer finished the 2009 season with a 60.5 completion percentage, 3,094 yards passing, 21 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, and a passer rating of 83.6.
    I have never had a problem with Carson Palmer and believe he can take us closer to play-offs right now than a rookie can regardless of who that rookie is. Palmer would also be great to learn from being his time in the league.

vCash
    Why does every thread become a CP3 bashfest?

On a horrible offense where the first year OC and line coach were canned- CP3 passed for 4018 yards, had 22 TD's, was sacked 26 times and had rating of 85.3.

That folks, is damn good numbers. Sheesh, I thought I seen it all then some posters are even attacking the fact he passed for over 4,000 yards like it was the plague or something. Sure passing yards aren't everything, just as rushing for over 1,000 yards isn't everything, but damm.

In a season cut short by injury and plagued by coaching stupidity- we still had a top 10 QB. Doesn't that make anyone what to say, "Hey Palmer, way to go baby! Way to play your guts out and leave it all on the field. See you next year!"? I guess not.....

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    I have never had a problem with Carson Palmer and believe he can take us closer to play-offs right now than a rookie can regardless of who that rookie is. Palmer would also be great to learn from being his time in the league.
    thats all im getting at thank you...

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast