Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    [/QUOTE]no he wasn't, he had like 700yds over a 5yr career @ USC (redshirted). How is it that Meyers got so many damn receptions and Ausberry had 7 rec for 92yds? Ausberry's got 5x the athletic ability of Meyers, so even if he was #2 TE, they should've been closer.

For example, Vernon Davis had 41rec for 548yds/5 TDs while Delani Walker got 21rec for 344yds/3TDs, and they had a bunch of other guys around them who deserve the ball. On our team, Reece and DMC each had more production in the passing game than most of our WRs.[/QUOTE]

You're right Berr, he kinda pulled a Fairly and had a few beast games his last year and of course ran a 4.48 at the combine. But he' way more receiver than TE, especially in the new run scheme.

We have a few TE's on the reserve, and with the power blocking scheme, Richard Gordon might shine, it's why we got him.

I know my job is on the line!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Its not a coincidence that every time we've been good, we've had a killer o-line.

-Stork
    it's true

vCash
    Its not a coincidence that every time we've been good, we've had a killer o-line.

-Stork

Yep.

1970's Upshaw, Shell, Otto/Dalby, Brown/Lawrence, Buehler
    1980's Dalby, Marvin, Sylvester, Lawrence, Hannah, Davis
    Late 1980's early 1990's Mosebar, Wisneiwski, Montoya, Wright
    Early 2000's Robbins, Kennedy, Wisneiwski, Collins

1970-2000 The Raiders had 5 centers. If you leave out Dan Turk's 1995 season. The Raiders went from Jim Otto to Dave Dalby to Don Mosebar to Barret Robbins. That's one hell of a succession.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    We're keeping Ford, if for no other reason than we still need a returner.

DHB only stays if his salary is renegotiated AND we don't find someone with better hands and route running skills via the draft or FA. In short, I don't think DHB will be a Raider in 2013-2014. Love the energy and work ethic, but maybe it's ok to see what else is out there. And it just might do DHB a world of good to continue to develop elsewhere.
    Some people just can't let go of out of date criticisms about DHB's hands and route running skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Yep.

1970's Upshaw, Shell, Otto/Dalby, Brown/Lawrence, Buehler
    1980's Dalby, Marvin, Sylvester, Lawrence, Hannah, Davis
    Late 1980's early 1990's Mosebar, Wisneiwski, Montoya, Wright
    Early 2000's Robbins, Kennedy, Wisneiwski, Collins

1970-2000 The Raiders had 5 centers. If you leave out Dan Turk's 1995 season. The Raiders went from Jim Otto to Dave Dalby to Don Mosebar to Barret Robbins. That's one hell of a succession.
    Does Stork actually think an offense can be good WITHOUT a solid O line?

vCash

-Stork
    No its not stork, I really really really want to get back to that. We need the monster Ol the older raider fans are use to. Things are so much easier when you have a good OL. We need to focus on that in the draft this year. Get it fixed and enjoy the rewards of it. Its been long enough with these throw together lines.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Im also the only one who doesnt think DHB is that bad? ive seen a kid who has improved each year. Yes this year took a little step back but who didnt in the offense? I mean his hands have improved dramatically since his rookie year. Yes he has been over payed but that can be fixedd by reggie. I dont even know how much he is making this year? Again i think the kid is doing fine. Yes he can improve and i think he will.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    That`s just beautiful we should keep the entire team together, we`re good to go as is lol.
    If you read what I had posted...I said to keep the receivers, not the whole team.
    It's my opinion. You have yours. So what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    Im also the only one who doesnt think DHB is that bad? ive seen a kid who has improved each year. Yes this year took a little step back but who didnt in the offense? I mean his hands have improved dramatically since his rookie year. Yes he has been over payed but that can be fixedd by reggie. I dont even know how much he is making this year? Again i think the kid is doing fine. Yes he can improve and i think he will.
    I tried hard to support the kid, but he's just not that good.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If you read what I had posted...I said to keep the receivers, not the whole team.
    It's my opinion. You have yours. So what?
    So then we`re gonna keep the recievers, keep the qb and keep the rb. Goodness Jano is gonna kick a lot of field goals in 2013, we won`t see the end zone of course lol.

I`m just kidding with ya, Oaklands current receivers only intimidate 1 person ( the Raider qb ) lol.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    When compared to each other, one is balling and ready to roll into next season,

The other is rehabilitating and praying that he can return even close to what he was two years ago.

Now, where you guna put your money?

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Cut em both Moore, Streeter, Criner are a solid group add one or two more and we are fine at wr.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash

-Stork
    I agree. I mean why keep him when he can't catch? I dont get why reggie would keep an overpaid guy who drops balls when you need them the most. The guy has one of the worst set of hands I've ever seen. I'll admit sometimes he makes a spectacular catch - but not enough.

he's been in the league going on 4 years, and although he can be dangerous in space - he can't catch. we don't need that kind of guy on our team. Unless Reggie takes a significant hit on the cap by releasing him (although I think it might be the other way around) why not release or even try to trade him? Don't have the DHB numbers in front of me...but he seems like a guy another team might trade a late draft pick for if they can manage his contract.

Keeping DHB takes reps away from Criner and Streater, who have hands. Releasing DHB paves the way for a new, veteran receiver to come in his place as well which to me is much needed to help out not only the young receivers but whoever plays QB.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 01-26-2013 at 03:25 PM.

vCash

-Stork
    THis may be true. I just like him and i fully admit he isnt that good. I just hate to see a guy who actually tries and cares not make it. Thats the business tho i still wish him the best if reggie does decide to let him go.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    I don't know how toothpicks got into this. The guy was born with turf toe and hasn't completed a season in all 5 years in the league, the O-Line has nothing to do with his inability to play through some oww-ies. He has been decent as a receiver when he is actually on the field, so maybe that is how he got into it.

Really, you almost have to give all of these guys mulligans because of the O coordinator. DHB won't be gone next year because of the cap and looked ok before the Knapp debacle. His hands improved and actually made some catches in traffic. Ford better come back and look like he hasn't lost a step in the return game or he could be gone. Moore, Streeter, and Criner are all young dudes that will continue to develop. Moore looked good for about 6 games this year and is clearly the best we have. Streeter and Criner shined in their own ways at times, but those guys are the ones that need to get the ball in the red zone in coverage and let them use their big bodies to block out a smaller corner to go up and get it and that didn't happen.

I would not be surprised to see McKenzie bring in some URFAs to compete or to draft a potential weapon later in the draft.

Jennings is a pipe dream. Packers would be dumb to let him go, and if they did, why the heck would he want to play in Oakland? Another team will clearly outbid us due to our cap issues...possibly one with a winning record and some coaching stability.
    very well said...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast