Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 139 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsTalk View Post
    Im glad we didn't get Upton
    Prado signs a 4 40 million a year extension.
    Last edited by ABE32; 01-31-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    4/40

vCash
    This will be a big year in determining what the Cubs have in Szczur.
    Up until a couple of years ago his focus was mainly on football and half of his year or more baseball was on the back burner. He's a little behind the curve so it's hard to project what he'll be or if he'll be anything since he's still pretty much learning the game and can't get by with just his pure athleticism as much as he could have in football.
    With 2+ years of baseball only under his belt he should be ready to make some real progress this season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    This will be a big year in determining what the Cubs have in Szczur.
    Up until a couple of years ago his focus was mainly on football and half of his year or more baseball was on the back burner. He's a little behind the curve so it's hard to project what he'll be or if he'll be anything since he's still pretty much learning the game and can't get by with just his pure athleticism as much as he could have in football.
    With 2+ years of baseball only under his belt he should be ready to make some real progress this season
    Szczur is a solid prospect, but he underachieves. Yet, I've seen people say this repeatedly "still learning the game?" This post isn't aimed at any single poster, but...

That's a terrible excuse. How many great baseball players played multiple sports growing up? Almost all of them. He should know the game by now. Granted, he can get better by single mindedly focusing on something, but this "still learning the game" excuse is being overplayed and overemphasized.
    Last edited by Crusader; 01-31-2013 at 01:32 PM.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Awesome extension for the DBacks. More than likely, Prado will outplay that money in a market where third baseman are dwindling. Well done.

vCash
    Wow that's a solid deal for the D'Backs. Towers probably bumbled into, amirite!?!?

vCash
    Anyone have any ideas about Lohse? How you feel about Bourn?

vCash
    Ignore list grows...
    Cubs 2013 Adopt-A-Prospect - Shawon Dunston Jr

Jersey: 2 Pos: OF Ht/Wt: 6'2"/175
    A- Boise Hawks

Games 49 - 193 AB
    Batting Average .290
    On Base % .378
    Slugging % .358
    OPS % .736
    8 2B / 1 3B / 1 HR
    Runs 27
    RBI 19
    SB 12/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Wow that's a solid deal for the D'Backs. Towers probably bumbled into, amirite!?!?
    That would be a solid deal if they didn't have to give up Upton to give it to him.

I actually did think Towers was pretty good at his job in Arizona until this year. I just think he's really erratic.
    Last edited by terencem; 01-31-2013 at 03:46 PM.

vCash
    1) Legit shot he gets more in FA.

2) Legit shot one of the 29 other teams outbids for him.

Upton's good, really good evenc but I think I'm starting to understand the people who considered him a little overrated.

vCash
    I'm not MB or ABTY...but Sori to Texas has some legs...don't know if it's turkey or chicken.
    Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    After that extension I rather like the Upton deal for both sides. I still have no idea what Towers was thinking with Didi, but the most recent trade wasn't a bad one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    I'm not MB or ABTY...but Sori to Texas has some legs...don't know if it's turkey or chicken.
    The fit is legit, but but but so sick of rumors.

I still have no idea what Towers was thinking with Didi, but the most recent trade wasn't a bad one.
    All that explaining I did and still no idea? I am insulted. Maybe it wasn't you that I had the debate with...

vCash
    Wasn't me Gato, though I did read most of your back and forth. The ceiling on Bauer is just too significant to give up on it for a guy who likely never reaches .700 OPS as a professional even if he is a strong defensive shortstop. Regardless, we should avoid turning this into another one of those debates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The fit is legit, but but but so sick of rumors.

All that explaining I did and still no idea? I am insulted. Maybe it wasn't you that I had the debate with...
    Embrace the rumors Gato they make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when they come to fruition.