Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 139 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    From a Fangraphs chat:

Which lower echelon team did the most to improve themselves this offseason?

Dave Cameron: The Blue Jays. Then the Cubs.

Speaking of the Cubs, it seems Theo and Jed make a very nice team in the front office. How long before you see them being serious contenders?

Dave Cameron: They're doing it right. Probably 2014, though.

Who do you think has the best Front Office in MLB?

Dave Cameron: Toronto, Chicago, New York, Oakland... pick one.

Who do you project as AL & NL MVP's for 2013?

Dave Cameron: I'll go with Cabrera as a repeat winner in the AL, and Bryce Harper in the NL.
    I wish someone would have asked "when Texas comes sniffing around spring training for Garza and Soriano does Sori waive his 10/5 rights. I say yes and if so I will go on record and say he will be a Ranger in 2013 if Cruz gets suspended.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    I see Soriano as a big part of the lineup this season. I wouldn't trade him unless someone is willing to take on a huge chunk of the salary and give a good player in return. Right now if you move Soriano you're looking at a huge downgrade in left field. Assuming Hairston/Shierholtz in right and DeJesus in center you're looking at Sappelt, Lillibridge, Campana, Mcdonald, Bogusevic. If you sign Bourne I guess you could move DeJesus to left but that's best case scenario.
    I say keep Soriano and if you sign Bourne trade Dejesus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I see Soriano as a big part of the lineup this season. I wouldn't trade him unless someone is willing to take on a huge chunk of the salary and give a good player in return. Right now if you move Soriano you're looking at a huge downgrade in left field. Assuming Hairston/Shierholtz in right and DeJesus in center you're looking at Sappelt, Lillibridge, Campana, Mcdonald, Bogusevic. If you sign Bourne I guess you could move DeJesus to left but that's best case scenario.
    I say keep Soriano and if you sign Bourne trade Dejesus.

Not advocating it i just can see it happening.
    Last edited by ABE32; 01-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    The shouldn't be wasted part is what throws me off and think its not that. I can't tell if he doesn't mind giving it up or not.
    I meant the opportunity shouldn't be wasted. The opportunity to sign a comp guy without losing a first round pick. I'm not worried about giving up a second round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    I see no way he takes a 1 or 2 year deal... he can't really raise his value
    Well actually he can: if he signs with a non-contender, like the Cubs this year, and gets traded some time during the season, then he will not cost ANY draft pic compensation. This will, in my opinion, make him a much more attractive free agent next year.

vCash
    Big Cubs fan!!! Check out www.Chicagocubstalk.blogspot.com for my blog..it has news, rumors and opinions..

vCash
    Who is ready for spring training??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynoplasty View Post
    I meant the opportunity shouldn't be wasted. The opportunity to sign a comp guy without losing a first round pick. I'm not worried about giving up a second round pick.
    This is kinda why I'm hoping we end up bottom 10 again this year. Big time free agent class next season (well, potentially much better than this one at least)

vCash
    double

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsTalk View Post
    Big Cubs fan!!! Check out www.Chicagocubstalk.blogspot.com for my blog..it has news, rumors and opinions..
    Welcome aboard love the blog.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    This is kinda why I'm hoping we end up bottom 10 again this year. Big time free agent class next season (well, potentially much better than this one at least)
    I expect the Cubs will be. I think they'll be better, but then they will sell off players near the trading deadline and plummet like they did last year. The Cubs were playing pretty decent baseball last season once Rizzo came up, but then they started trading guys away and they plummeted.

If they can somehow be in contention around the trading deadline, then they may become a buyer.

vCash
    Who is ready for spring training??
    Tyler Brown is ready for Spring Training!

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash

Thank You

Thank you for the support!!! If you have any ideas let me know!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbullsbears2 View Post
    I'm not totally against the idea if there's still multiple breakouts amongst the young players and they get good pitching. Make it look nice at least.

I'm really interested in what is done at the trade deadline. Hell, it could be an eventful spring training.

vCash
    If you have any ideas let me know!
    Yeah, promoting your blog could leave you subject to an infraction and/or ban.

10) Spamming, and linking to other forums. We don't allow users to link to their own sites in an attempt to gain hits. We especially do not allow linking to other forums.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-30-2013 at 10:19 PM.

I heard you were looking for me.