Other one was way over 1,000...

...continue on.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    You forgot to put 2.0 in the thread title

ONE GOAL ACHIEVED!
    1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013

vCash
    Back to ABTY's Soriano to Cleveland rumor. Any ideas on what some potential trades could look like? Or who else would we be looking at besides Chisenhall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Fail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Back to ABTY's Soriano to Cleveland rumor. Any ideas on what some potential trades could look like? Or who else would we be looking at besides Chisenhall?
    It's hard to imagine it not involving Chisenhall. The Indians already have an in house replacement in Aviles.

Looking down the roster though, maybe Carlos Carrasco? We seems to love our TJ guys.

vCash
    Do we even need to create new threads? Maybe the new forum can handle much more.

vCash
    How good is Chisenhall's ceiling? He looks good defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    2.0 can kiss my ***. Sorry for trying to to help.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    But add 2.0 to the title please mods.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Yeah add 2.0 so to prevent confusion. Also, Theriot, add an Emma Stone pic to the main post please. I've made her the 2013 cubs mascot girl and expect you all to live with that!

Really interested in this whole cleveland deal. Hope ABTY was right and the discussions have progressed enough where we might hear some names soon.

EDIT: Didn't mean ABTY said we would know names, just saying I hope he's correct that we're deep in discussions.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    if its Chisenhall i can live with that i guess not thrilled, bourn coupled with that would help a ton.
    if somehow we can use Sori++ to get Santana or Masterson or Cabrera or Perez i would freak out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    if its Chisenhall i can live with that i guess not thrilled, bourn coupled with that would help a ton.
    if somehow we can use Sori++ to get Santana or Masterson or Cabrera or Perez i would freak out.
    I think it's pretty safe to say you won't be freaking out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I had dreams of the Upton brothers playing for the Cubs. Oh well Schierholtz is a decent consolation prize
    If this is this new sarcasm thing everyone around here loves oh so much, it's not really working in this situation. Justin Upton had us on the NTC list (and it's been reported it wasn't for any sort of extension) and we talked to the D'Backs and they didn't want what we were selling. BJ Upton was probably contacted (we're in on Bourn, hard to imagine we wouldn't have called on Upton) and we were also, probably told "No". What more could they do? Turn "force CPU trades on"?

Schierholtz isn't great on his own, but we did pick up Hairston as well. That's two guys who could very realistically put up an .800 OPS out of RF in a platoon. And at a combined $5m, that's a pretty good platoon in almost any situation. It's cheap, it's effective, and neither of them eat into any of our long term plans and can totally function as reserve OF'ers for when this team decides to spend the big money.

If it's sarcasm, it's not really working too well here. If it's not and I've just come to expect this sarcasm around here lately, then apologies all around.
    U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I'm a Chicago Cubs, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia Flyers, and a University of Kentucky fan. You may be a Dallas Cowboys fan, a St. Louis Cardinals fan, a Pittsburgh Penguins fan or a Louisville Cardinals alumn. From June 12 - July 13, we are both American. Go, go, USA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If this is this new sarcasm thing everyone around here loves oh so much, it's not really working in this situation. Justin Upton had us on the NTC list (and it's been reported it wasn't for any sort of extension) and we talked to the D'Backs and they didn't want what we were selling. BJ Upton was probably contacted (we're in on Bourn, hard to imagine we wouldn't have called on Upton) and we were also, probably told "No". What more could they do? Turn "force CPU trades on"?

Schierholtz isn't great on his own, but we did pick up Hairston as well. That's two guys who could very realistically put up an .800 OPS out of RF in a platoon. And at a combined $5m, that's a pretty good platoon in almost any situation. It's cheap, it's effective, and neither of them eat into any of our long term plans and can totally function as reserve OF'ers for when this team decides to spend the big money.

If it's sarcasm, it's not really working too well here. If it's not and I've just come to expect this sarcasm around here lately, then apologies all around.
    Yeah, once I read Upton was enforcing his NTC on The Cubs, I just let it go. What could our FO do? He doesnt want to play here, so be it. Adios.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast