Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Press Release: David Lee becomes first Warriors' All Star since 1997

Golden State Warriors forward David Lee has been selected as a reserve on the NBA Western Conference All-Star team, the league announced today. This marks the first time that the Warriors have had a player named to the All-Star team since Latrell Sprewell in 1997.

Lee, 29, is averaging 19.6 points, 10.8 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 37.6 minutes in 40 games this season, while shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 79.9 percent from the free throw line. Among NBA leaders, he ranks second in double-doubles (26), eighth in rebounds, 12th in scoring, 13th in minutes and 18th in field goal percentage. The eighth-year forward has posted at least 20 points and 10 rebounds in a game 17 times this season (most in the NBA) and is the only player in the league averaging at least 19 points, 10 rebounds and three assists per contest. He was named NBA Western Conference Player of the Week for the week ending December 16.

This is Lee’s second All-Star selection, as he was a member of the Eastern Conference squad in 2010 while playing for the New York Knicks.

Lee has helped helped lead the Warriors to a 26-15 record through the first half of the NBA season, marking the team’s best record after 41 games since starting 28-13 in 1991-92. Golden State is one of only five teams in the NBA to rank in the top-10 in field goal percentage (.457, seventh in NBA) and opponent field goal percentage (.435, sixth), joining the Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder and Los Angeles Clippers. The Warriors are the only team in the league this season to have defeated the Heat, Thunder and Clippers.
    David Lee All-Star Wallpaper

The 2013 All-Star reserves – seven each from the Western and Eastern Conferences – were selected by the 30 NBA head coaches, who were asked to vote for seven players in their respective conferences – three frontcourt players, two guards and two additional players regardless of position. They were not permitted to vote for players from their own team.

The 62nd NBA All-Star Game will be played at the Toyota Center in Houston on Sunday, February 17, 2013 (5:00 p.m. PT), televised exclusively on TNT and broadcast exclusively on ESPN Radio in the U.S. The All-Star Game will reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/dav...-all-star-team

forget the Curry snub for a moment. WE HAVE A ****ING ALL STAR!!!!!!!

vCash
    at least Curry can take the week off an rest his glass ankles.

vCash
    This is awesome. Congrats to Lee. He definitely deserves it.

Curry was a longshot to make it, so I am not upset he didn't make it.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    at least Curry can take the week off an rest his glass ankles.
    Lees ankle is messed up too. and its just the weekend off.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    David Lee

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    basedmore

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    when do they announce the rookies and sophmores? I wonder if barnes gets in... my guess is no. I dont think the rookies are determined by their teams record... but a guy starting every single game for a team 11 games over .500 has more value than a guy averaging 15-17 a game while not doing anything to help his team win enough to even be headed to the playoffs
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    when do they announce the rookies and sophmores? I wonder if barnes gets in... my guess is no. I dont think the rookies are determined by their teams record... but a guy starting every single game for a team 11 games over .500 has more value than a guy averaging 15-17 a game while not doing anything to help his team win enough to even be headed to the playoffs
    Remember that they aren't doing the traditional "rookies vs sophomore" its a draft mix... and Charles barkley is really high on Barnes and I think he is one of the captains.

fail

vCash
    So im watching the suns clippers game and I jus saw a commercial with magic johnson eating in a resturaunt and chris paul dissapearing off the court from the game on tv and arriving in the resturaunt with magic. This comment isnt really about the actual commerical.....

But what came to my mind is.... this is how bad the lakers really are. One of the teams biggest lifetime supporters and probably the biggest fan favorite in the franchises history is in commercials endorcing the clippers. I mean- WOW. Magic rollin with the clips and the warriors more likely to have home court advantage in the first round than the lakers even getting into the playoffs..... times they are-a-changing

vCash
    So im watching the suns clippers game and I jus saw a commercial with magic johnson eating in a resturaunt and chris paul dissapearing off the court from the game on tv and arriving in the resturaunt with magic. This comment isnt really about the actual commerical.....

But what came to my mind is.... this is how bad the lakers really are. One of the teams biggest lifetime supporters and probably the biggest fan favorite in the franchises history is in commercials endorcing the clippers. I mean- WOW. Magic rollin with the clips and the warriors more likely to have home court advantage in the first round than the lakers even getting into the playoffs..... times they are-a-changing
    We really are noticing a power shift in the West. Now, if we can only do something about the age-less Spurs.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    I had a dream- where a couple events happened that completely changed the warriors season.

1) Chris Pauls injury turns out more serious and he winds up sitting out the next 3 or 4 weeks.

2) Bogut comes back right before the all star break

What changes

Chris Paul can not go to the all star game and thanks to the TNT rant last night- Steph curry replaces him. Not only does steph curry get in, but he winds up starting. (Im pretty sure westbrook would start and curry would come off the bench though if that happened)

The clippers start to slip in the standings with chris paul out and the warriors get a boost when bogut gets back. At the end of the season, the warriors and the clippers are tied for the 4th seed behind OKC, Memphis, and SA- and because the warriors are 3-1... they take over (But since they are the only 2 teams from the pac division- the warriors wind up with the 3rd seed and home court advantage in the first round against the Utah Jazz (the team they screwed out of a lotto pick). Bogut being welcomed by his college coach.... tons of story lines.

steph curry is the difference maker in the series, but the warriors play SA in round two. (YIKES)... hopefully bogut makes a difference.

vCash
    I had a dream- where a couple events happened that completely changed the warriors season.

1) Chris Pauls injury turns out more serious and he winds up sitting out the next 3 or 4 weeks.

2) Bogut comes back right before the all star break

What changes

Chris Paul can not go to the all star game and thanks to the TNT rant last night- Steph curry replaces him. Not only does steph curry get in, but he winds up starting. (Im pretty sure westbrook would start and curry would come off the bench though if that happened)

The clippers start to slip in the standings with chris paul out and the warriors get a boost when bogut gets back. At the end of the season, the warriors and the clippers are tied for the 4th seed behind OKC, Memphis, and SA- and because the warriors are 3-1... they take over (But since they are the only 2 teams from the pac division- the warriors wind up with the 3rd seed and home court advantage in the first round against the Utah Jazz (the team they screwed out of a lotto pick). Bogut being welcomed by his college coach.... tons of story lines.

steph curry is the difference maker in the series, but the warriors play SA in round two. (YIKES)... hopefully bogut makes a difference.
    Cool...

And regarding the Magic and Paul commerical. It wasn't a complete endorsement for the Clippers,

Steve Nash was also in the commerical. And it definitely spoke to the Clippers excitement but I thought it was more of a young verses old thing. But all 3 are still legends type of thing. But Magic is validating the Clippers success. Idk

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I know no one remembers or even cares, but I do. I called this power shift way back when Jerry West had just arrived, and like every other prediction I get right, I get laughed at when I make it boldly and when it comes true everyone forgets who saw it coming first.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    For what its worth, congrats WCW!!! First All-Star since 97!!!

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Congrats to my man David Lee for ending the drought! He's been holding it down in the paint all year, giving us consistent rebound advantages, he's no longer atrocious on D, and I love how he calls for the foul on all his shots!
    I knew when we traded for Lee he help lead us to a new era.
    Now, I can't believe L.A. made it over Curry, the bigggest snub this year. He deserves it, his game evolving everyday into one of the NBA's elite superstars. I hope Paul stays out so Curry can shoot the lights out and run pick and rolls with his boy Dlee in Houston!