Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I'm not upset at all, I get that he's hit 16 of 43... which he's now at 37% (not a bad percentage). My issue is that the percentage is lying. A good 3 point shooter doesn't pass up open 3's. Hell, a decent 3 point shooter doesn't pass up open 3's.

I'm not sold on his shot being improved due to the fact he's not even on track to be statistically categorized as a 3 point shooter, he still fades on all shots, and his attempts from 16-23 ft. are down. This shows that he doesn't want to shoot. If you've improved your shot, why wouldn't you use it?

I know its not going to happen this year, but trading Tyreke is long overdue.

vCash
    My whole rant is due to my frustration with how he's being used. This is how I break it down.

Point Guards = Pass (Tyreke has the ability to create, but those keys were taken from him)
    Shooting Guards = Shoot (Tyreke can't shoot, but he does do other things well)
    Small Forward = Combo - slash, shoot, defend (Tyreke can slash and defend)

I still think the Kings need to put him at the Point and let him run the team. That's the position that he wants to play. I want to see assists out of my PG, I don't want to see him barely avg. 3 and shooting all night.

Plus, with Tyreke at PG, the Kings can run bigger lineups. Small ball is not meant for the NBA. You can get away with it in the NCAA but its a whole different game at the next level.

vCash
    Love it mac! I as well want tyreke at the 1. As if everyone didn't know that about what I want for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I'm not upset at all, I get that he's hit 16 of 43... which he's now at 37% (not a bad percentage). My issue is that the percentage is lying. A good 3 point shooter doesn't pass up open 3's. Hell, a decent 3 point shooter doesn't pass up open 3's.

I'm not sold on his shot being improved due to the fact he's not even on track to be statistically categorized as a 3 point shooter, he still fades on all shots, and his attempts from 16-23 ft. are down. This shows that he doesn't want to shoot. If you've improved your shot, why wouldn't you use it?

I know its not going to happen this year, but trading Tyreke is long overdue.
    I disagree. His shot has definitely improved. He is still not a good shooter, but I don't see how you can argue that his shot hasn't gotten better. I also disagree about trading him. For the last three seasons we've all said that Reke would be a star if he had a jumper. Now he's finally showing signs of developing a jumper, so why would we want to trade him now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Love it mac! I as well want tyreke at the 1. As if everyone didn't know that about what I want for the team.
    I just don't understand why you would move him to a different position when a few years ago we were talking about him being the next Kings All*Star. Watch him go beast mode when the Kings trade him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I disagree. His shot has definitely improved. He is still not a good shooter, but I don't see how you can argue that his shot hasn't gotten better. I also disagree about trading him. For the last three seasons we've all said that Reke would be a star if he had a jumper. Now he's finally showing signs of developing a jumper, so why would we want to trade him now?
    His jumper has improved from last year (its impossible to get worse from last year), but nowhere close to being where it should be. The only reason I'm saying trade him, is because he's not effective unless he's running the show. He has said it time and time again that he's most effective at the point.

vCash

I'm back after my ban...

Smart still sucks. DMC is still a head case. MT is still a chucker that should never be given more run than Jimmer. IT is still a teacher's pet.

vCash
    All of that is fine, just don't bring racism into any more threads.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer55 View Post
    Smart still sucks. DMC is still a head case. MT is still a chucker that should never be given more run than Jimmer. IT is still a teacher's pet.
    I'm officially marking you down as a Jimmer fan only and not a Kings fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    I just don't understand why you would move him to a different position when a few years ago we were talking about him being the next Kings All*Star. Watch him go beast mode when the Kings trade him.
    Wasn't he killing it right before he hurt his knee? Wasn't he back at the 1 with brooks at the 2 on the offensive side of the ball?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer55 View Post
    There is something to all of that. But are you a Kings fan, or just a jimmer fan? Or are you a Kings fan because Jimmer is part of our team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Wasn't he killing it right before he hurt his knee? Wasn't he back at the 1 with brooks at the 2 on the offensive side of the ball?
    No, Brooks was acting "facilitator" when that lineup started. Instead of pairing Tyreke up with a PG, they need to pair him up with a SG. And I'm not talking about a 6'3" SG (Thornton), I'm talking about a SG who can shoot and defend his position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123