Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Surprise: Jimmers improved play, John no longer being my biggest disappointment,Tyrekes improved jumper
    Disappointments: T-rob(although he is improving), Brooks, Isaiah(biggest IMO), Marcus Thornton , Keith Smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Surprise: Jimmers improved play, John no longer being my biggest disappointment,Tyrekes improved jumper
    Disappointments: T-rob(although he is improving), Brooks, Isaiah(biggest IMO), Marcus Thornton , Keith Smart.
    He's good for one airball/game...

vCash
    Smart is the biggest disappointment, by far.

I really hope he's let go this summer.

vCash
    -I'm not necessarily surprised with Jimmer's improvement, I'm more surprised on how fast he's turned it around. With the work ethic he has, I knew he was going to get better.

-Disappointed in Smart, instead of improving as a coach... he's gotten worse.
    -Disappointed in the lack of ownership, the team has been on the back burner for too long.
    -Disappointed in the Kings overall PG play, Kings will not win with a shoot first PG... not with this team.
    (Mainly Isaiah and Brooks. Both are ridiculously streaky and don't pass the damn ball.)

I'm surprised that Salmons is one of our more consistent players. I didn't think he would get out of his slump with the Kings. I thought it was going to take a trade for him to get back to form.

Now, back to Keith Smart. His main issue is that he's relying on 13 players to win games. That's not how you wins games in the NBA. You have to establish your top 9 or 10 player and make sure they're getting consistent burn. When you're at practice the entire team (15 players) needs to make this team better, but come game day you need to consistently rely on your starters... and 5 deep... stop going to the very end of the bench looking for wins!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    He's good for one airball/game...
    You do realize Tyreke is shooting 39% from 3 this season!!

vCash
    Doesn't mean he's not good for at least one air ball a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Doesn't mean he's not good for at least one air ball a game.
    I'd rather a 39% deep ball shooter with 1 air ball than a 30% shooter with no air balls I don't care how badly you miss the other 61% as long as 39% are going in we're good lol

vCash
    I'd rather a 39% deep ball shooter with 1 air ball than a 30% shooter with no air balls I don't care how badly you miss the other 61% as long as 39% are going in we're good lol
    I'm with you on that!!!

vCash
    I'm with you on that!!!
    Tyreke has looked much improved this season, I would actually argue he's a better player than his Rookie season, just his role isn't nearly the same.

Actually it's pretty obvious he's better

ORTG is up, DRTG sucks because the Kings are a horrible defensive team, His TS% EFG% are up, TRB% is up, WS/48 is up, PER is up.. TOV% is down, ASST% is down, but only because he's no longer the PG. BLK% is up and so is STL%.
    Last edited by Sactown; 01-28-2013 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Do you realize that he's only taken 41 shots behind the arc... and has mad 16 of those shots. I don't think there's a game that goes by where he passes up the open 3.

vCash
    Do you realize that he's only taken 41 shots behind the arc... and has mad 16 of those shots. I don't think there's a game that goes by where he passes up the open 3.
    And?? He's still shooting 39%.

vCash
    And?? He's still shooting 39%.
    Taking only 41 3 point attempts in 45 games doesn't suggest that he's a better shooter. Once again, he passed up a few open looks tonight from 3. It shows that he's not comfortable with his range. Grant and Jerry mention it all the time when he doesn't shoot when open.

The sample size is way too damn small to even consider him being 3 point improved.
    Last year through the first 46 games ---- (57 attempts in 46 games)
    2011--------- (55 attempts in the first 45 game) <------He didn't play in 19 of those games

He doesn't even qualify to be ranked within the leagues 3 point statistics.
    * To qualify, a player must be on pace to make 55 three-point field goals.
    How can someone be an improved 3 point shooter, and not even qualify for the statistics...
    And if he's an improved shooter, then Marcus Morris is the next Reggie Miller at 38%/gm.
    Last edited by iMac; 01-29-2013 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    Taking only 41 3 point attempts in 45 games doesn't suggest that he's a better shooter. Once again, he passed up a few open looks tonight from 3. It shows that he's not comfortable with his range. Grant and Jerry mention it all the time when he doesn't shoot when open.

The sample size is way too damn small to even consider him being 3 point improved.
    Last year through the first 46 games ---- (57 attempts in 46 games)
    2011--------- (55 attempts in the first 45 game) <------He didn't play in 19 of those games

He doesn't even qualify to be ranked within the leagues 3 point statistics.

How can someone be an improved 3 point shooter, and not even qualify for the statistics...
    And if he's an improved shooter, then Marcus Morris is the next Reggie Miller at 38%/gm.
    Would you rather him take 41 shots in 45 games or take more shots and miss more??

He may not be confident with his shot and it may be a small sample size, but he is shooting better. Meaning, he's not forcing it and he's taking high-percentage shots.

vCash
    Would you rather him take 41 shots in 45 games or take more shots and miss more??

He may not be confident with his shot and it may be a small sample size, but he is shooting better. Meaning, he's not forcing it and he's taking high-percentage shots.
    Yeah I dont really get why iMac is upset over this. Tyreke was never going to morph into Ray Allen. If he's taking a small amount of shots but making a good percentage thats a good thing. It signifies either decent shot selection or only taking a three when hes wide open. At least hes not chucking. Could he take a few more? Yeah. It could keep defenses more honest on him but considering what he shot last year from 3, 39% is plenty fine for my taste.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    Yeah I dont really get why iMac is upset over this. Tyreke was never going to morph into Ray Allen. If he's taking a small amount of shots but making a good percentage thats a good thing. It signifies either decent shot selection or only taking a three when hes wide open. At least hes not chucking. Could he take a few more? Yeah. It could keep defenses more honest on him but considering what he shot last year from 3, 39% is plenty fine for my taste.
    iMac isn't upset, he's just not impressed, I don't think.

My opinion is that shooting is more than just throwing up the rock. It's about finding your spots, having a good selection, and knowing when to shoot.

Reke has improved in all of those areas. So in my opinion, his shot has been a lot better this year. I actually don't cringe when he shoots behind the arc anymore. His form even looks better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast