Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500

    Breaking News: Rams Don't Hire Rob Ryan as new Defensive Coordinator

    Ryan interviewed for the job last Saturday, and he was the only name connected to the opening. Ryan has always ran a 3-4 defense in his stops around the NFL, but head coach Jeff Fisher is a proponent of the 4-3, so we wouldn't expect a change there. You can bet that the Rams will be an attacking and aggressive group, though. It took Ryan slightly longer than the five minutes he said it would take for him to find a new job, but he has landed on his feet with a talented young group in St. Louis.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Jan 24 - 7:04 PM

    Discuss


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    Glad the saga is over... good sign imo

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500
    Yup I'm on board


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,659
    vCash
    1500
    He brings leadership to the defense, but he does create bad publicity attention which could obviously distract the performance of the defense. He also may seem an aggressive defensive coordinator, but he's actually more conservative. The biggest reason why we let him go was because he lacked generating turnovers. Also worth noting he never had a winning season, whenever he's the defensive coordinator. Maybe things will change since it looks like you guys are staying in a 4-3 scheme, because he hasn't been consistent with the 3-4. Just keep building the defense around C. Long, J. Laurinaitis, J. Jenkins, C. Finnegan, M. Brockers, etc. Doesn't hurt to have two first round picks in the next two seasons. Good Luck guys!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    14,941
    vCash
    1500
    Loved him in Dallas. Didn't deserve to be fired. Great hire. Runs multiple defensive packages. Due to his complex and loaded defensive playbook he requires his players to have a high football IQ and we have that on defense other than Dahl Excited about this one.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    He brings leadership to the defense, but he does create bad publicity attention which could obviously distract the performance of the defense. He also may seem an aggressive defensive coordinator, but he's actually more conservative. The biggest reason why we let him go was because he lacked generating turnovers. Also worth noting he never had a winning season, whenever he's the defensive coordinator. Maybe things will change since it looks like you guys are staying in a 4-3 scheme, because he hasn't been consistent with the 3-4. Just keep building the defense around C. Long, J. Laurinaitis, J. Jenkins, C. Finnegan, M. Brockers, etc. Doesn't hurt to have two first round picks in the next two seasons. Good Luck guys!
    He was always been in bad situations. I think Knux posted a good link that talks about it if its the same I read before where it breaks down the seasons. Publicity-wise, I think he'll be alright with Fisher. I'd like the publicity actually, we need some in this division.

    Finally... I loveeee that we're showing we are not settling anymore. Makes me more optimistic about the offseason.

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    12,831
    vCash
    1500

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    bend,oregon
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    1500
    long could play end in a 3-4 defense. Can Quinn play outside linebacker? He is big and quick and can obviously rush the passer, but can he cover. Itis and Dunbar would move inside, probably draft a Quinn type player for the other outside backer. Problem is no depth at linebacker if they switch. D line would be solid though. Maybe keep Haggan for depth. Rocky would not be a fit, probably gone anyway. Interesting to think about. Hope we stay 4-3 and put in 3-4 scheems.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,335
    vCash
    1500
    championship

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,230
    vCash
    1500
    Eh. I'm still not a huge fan. If we're sticking with a 4-3 (which all rumors point to), then I would have preferred a 4-3 guy.

    But hey, maybe that's just me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    Ryan has run 4-3 before. I hope we stick with 4-3 and then maybe fool around with some 4-3 packages. I'd love to see in a game... Long, Brockers, Langford, Quinn are down... Quinn drops back before the ball is snapped, Langford moves over to DE.. then a crazy *** blitz that knocks Wilson's head off... or Kappy..

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,978
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    Ryan has run 4-3 before. I hope we stick with 4-3 and then maybe fool around with some 4-3 packages. I'd love to see in a game... Long, Brockers, Langford, Quinn are down... Quinn drops back before the ball is snapped, Langford moves over to DE.. then a crazy *** blitz that knocks Wilson's head off... or Kappy..
    that package is actually called the hybrid defense i believe at least that is what schools like bama call it where they come out in a 4-3 switch to a 3-4 and all the backers are moving around in different spots before the snap to hide the blitz

    Michael Wacha

    5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    14,422
    vCash
    1500
    I know its a Hybrid D, we did it in my high school lol.. I was trying to poetically paint a picture in everyones head but I guess it didn't work or I wasn't descriptive enough.. Maybe I shouldve added it was 4th and 5... game on the line.. 4th quarter.. 20 seconds left.... fans cheering.... the smell of nachos and beer in the stands..

    GO METS; RAMS; ISLES; KNICKS; NOTRE DAME; UCONN!; AC Milan!

    The One and Only "LEGATRON"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NDMets57 View Post
    I know its a Hybrid D, we did it in my high school lol.. I was trying to poetically paint a picture in everyones head but I guess it didn't work or I wasn't descriptive enough.. Maybe I shouldve added it was 4th and 5... game on the line.. 4th quarter.. 20 seconds left.... fans cheering.... the smell of nachos and beer in the stands..
    Mm...nachos...

    Alright, you won me over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •