Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Spags.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    564
    vCash
    1500

    Spags.

    Our Folk Hero has once again been fired, any thoughts? Obviously with Fewell's endorsement to be around for this season he won't be our DC, but any thoughts on him possibly being our secondary coach, LBs or Line coach? Certainly would leave the door open for him some day being the DC.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,863
    vCash
    1490
    Can't imagine he'd take a step back to a position coach and definitely would clash with Fewell's style. I think he's gonna get a DC position fast.

    Would love him as a DC, but the commitment to Fewell won't allow it

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Pleeeeeeeaassssseeeee bring this guy back as our DC, **** Fewell!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Can't imagine he'd take a step back to a position coach and definitely would clash with Fewell's style. I think he's gonna get a DC position fast.

    Would love him as a DC, but the commitment to Fewell won't allow it
    After the year the Saint's defense just had, he's not getting any offers to be an NFL DC this year.

    In truth I would expect him to take a college HC job. Much more stability and after getting fired twice in as many years, I would think that would be appealing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    1500
    D-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoach

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 610
    Posts
    9,908
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    D-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoachD-LineCoach
    i fully endorse this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,502
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsince69 View Post
    After the year the Saint's defense just had, he's not getting any offers to be an NFL DC this year.

    In truth I would expect him to take a college HC job. Much more stability and after getting fired twice in as many years, I would think that would be appealing.
    They had a lot more issues then their defense.

    Everything that happened with that team, before the season even started.. suspension's..etc..he was asked to run a team with missing players..and the scandal.

    His scheme and system worked great with the giants. I would love to have him back as the DC.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,863
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsince69 View Post
    After the year the Saint's defense just had, he's not getting any offers to be an NFL DC this year.

    In truth I would expect him to take a college HC job. Much more stability and after getting fired twice in as many years, I would think that would be appealing.
    I think people understand the reality of the Saints situation. He's got a proven track record on D with us, Philly and even the Rams D was far better under him.

    Really Philly should be all over him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Giants gotta be on this, **** Fewell. Spags is perfect for this defense and team. **** commitment, sorry Perry someone better came along.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I think people understand the reality of the Saints situation. He's got a proven track record on D with us, Philly and even the Rams D was far better under him.

    Really Philly should be all over him.
    The reality is that the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. Lately Spags was the coordinator of the worst defense of all time (at least number wise).

    The offense did just fine other than Brees having more turnovers than usual but the D was atrocious and the players had no confidence in the system or in him.

    I like Spags very much and the Giants players love him but he would be best served taking a step back down the ladder and run a successful College program then jumping back up when a good situation presents itself.

    He is still young and bright and I'm not criticizing his ability but what most people see is the awful numbers from the Saint's D and the appearance that the Rams were not getting better under him as HC but did improve under Jeff Fisher.

    The reality is that his reputation has taken a big hit and he needs a good stable opportunity to rehabilitate it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    201
    Posts
    3,150
    vCash
    1500
    Guys if Spags can coach our Dline back to the monster that we know it is (which I know he can just bc of the relationship), then Fewells defensive schemes work and they work well. His schemes rely heavily on the Line getting penetration, but he just doesn't know how to get that to happen... Spags does.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,226
    vCash
    1500
    Jerry Reese claims he is "always looking to upgrade the roster". Wonder if that includes the staff. I doubt it.

    Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Fewell attacking the QB consistently next season. This slide the DL B/S

    I'll never forgive Fewell for the worst scheme I've ever seen against the Colts and Peyton when he dressed only one DT, had a row of DE's and played the DB's at linebacker. The Colts just ran the football with DB's taking on guards. The most pathetic defensive scheme ever. Never trusted him afterwards despite the Superbowl.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    "We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

    Sandy Alderson: 2011.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,863
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsince69 View Post
    The reality is that the NFL is a what have you done for me lately league. Lately Spags was the coordinator of the worst defense of all time (at least number wise).

    The offense did just fine other than Brees having more turnovers than usual but the D was atrocious and the players had no confidence in the system or in him.

    I like Spags very much and the Giants players love him but he would be best served taking a step back down the ladder and run a successful College program then jumping back up when a good situation presents itself.

    He is still young and bright and I'm not criticizing his ability but what most people see is the awful numbers from the Saint's D and the appearance that the Rams were not getting better under him as HC but did improve under Jeff Fisher.

    The reality is that his reputation has taken a big hit and he needs a good stable opportunity to rehabilitate it.
    The Saints debacle is a bit of an exception to the "what have you done for me lately". Bountygate, suspended coaches and players.....kinda hard to step into that and be a first year success at coordinator. People know his style and ability and he'll find work fast. Hell even Rob Ryan didn't wait long.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Pleeeeeeeaassssseeeee bring this guy back as our DC, **** Fewell!!!!
    I would love for this to happen, primarily to bring back the aggressiveness and intensity back to the defense. However, the Giants are not going to let go of a minority coach, when the league is about to investigate the lack of minorities as head coaches and DC/OC.

    Two things need to happen for Fewell/our defense to succeed next year.
    1) Be aggressive. Don't be afraid to get burned every now and then. It happens. Knock the guy out cold on the next play.
    2) Our front office needs to draft or bring in FA that can be counted as leaders. The defense needs to bring an unmatched level of intensity. I don't remember who it was, it might have been Antonio Pierce, who was asked to describe Spags, and the word that was used was intense. This defense needs that.

    I will never forget it, in one of the debacle games at the end of the year (Falcons, Ravens or Redskins), they showed a clip of Tuck or Osi coming out for a play after allowing a big play to happen and Fewell and the player just kind of shrugged and you can almost tell Fewell asking with what happened with a smirk on his face. Almost as if to say: I don't know what is going on. I was furious. There is this complete lack of intensity in the coach and his players. I want to see yelling, arguments, pushing/shoving, 'roid rage, whatever. This level of intensity has not been there ever since Strahan and Pierce retired.

    It pains me to see guys like Stabbin' Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, London Fletcher...damn, even Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, bringing the level of intensity needed to their teams/tv commercials.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    895
    vCash
    1500
    Bring back Spag, never liked Fewell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •