Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    What a penalty kill, what a game. Grossmann's hits on Gaborik, Sestito demolishing a guy early, McGinn going ape **** in a fight, Simmonds with a dirty goal after playing so well these first four games, beating Torterella. It doesn't get much better!

vCash
    getting tired of missing GT's, im stuck DVR'ing every game and chiming in afterwards

but what did everyone else get from this game? (all small sample size observations)
    I say..

-The combo of Sestito and McGinn make Rinaldo and Shelley pretty irrelevant
    -Bryz has played solid so far
    -I think Schenn and Timonen are the best defensive pairing this team has had in a while
    -I think Luke Schenn was a great acquisition. Always hitting, always skating, always throwing the puck to the net, great passing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    getting tired of missing GT's, im stuck DVR'ing every game and chiming in afterwards

but what did everyone else get from this game? (all small sample size observations)
    I say..

-I think Schenn and Timonen are the best defensive pairing this team has had in a while
    -I think Luke Schenn was a great acquisition. Always hitting, always skating, always throwing the puck to the net, great passing

all great points. i was underwhelmed with Luke Schenn in the devils game, didn't think he played all that well, wasn't on point with his outlet passes, got caught hesitating behind the net.

that being said, i think overall he's looked very good next to Timonen and i can see Timonen has rubbed off on him already, telling him to use his size in not only punishing forwards but using his long reach to poke check and disrupt the forwards in advancing down the ice.

Bryz has been very solid so far. last night i thought was his best night. obviously because he only gave up 1 goal, but he made some absolutely huge saves throughout the game, and it's not easy to do when you only face 19 shots.

Liked what i saw from Tito Train and McGinn as well. McGinn actually really impressed me last night. forechecked hard, got physical (callahan basically bounced off him like a kid running at a wall with an exercise ball) and beat the ever loving **** out of newberry in that fight. i like his style and he does pretty much cancel out rinaldo on most nights. i do still think Rinaldo is a better defensive forward at this point and against certain teams i think it would call for him over McGinn. Sestito obviously cancels out Shelley though and i think even the coaches know that one. Shelley is just a good character guy to have around.

other than that:

- nice to see Simmonds and Voracek both get on the board
    - nice to see a PP goal
    - PK gave up another goal but look to be improving for sure
    - Grossmann was a beast
    - although G didn't put up any points he still made some plays that made me say "how did he DO that?"
    - i'm worried about Mez. he left the rink in a sling and didn't look too happy according to media members

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post

I say..

I think the best thing we can take out of this game was 2 monkeys off your back in the same game. First win of the season, and beat the Rangers after not beating them all last year. That has to give the team a load of confidence.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarewrong View Post
    I think the best thing we can take out of this game was 2 monkeys off your back in the same game. First win of the season, and beat the Rangers after not beating them all last year. That has to give the team a load of confidence.
    agreed

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456