Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500

    Flyers vs Rangers GT

    Lazy bastards.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    993
    vCash
    1500
    Knuble's back!


    Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,699
    vCash
    1500
    like the Knuble signing. yes, he's 40.. i'm not thinkin the guy is gonna be a 20 goal scorer or anything. character guy, can park in front of the net.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,699
    vCash
    1500
    as for the game, great effort and once again nothing to show for it.

    i like the "jam" so far, but we're gonna have to put one in the back of the net here soon. try scoring the first goal for a change.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Knuble's back? Yay.......

    If he can contribute on the 3rd line, just even a little, I guess I'm okay with it. Seems more like a desperation move than anything.....
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Knuble's back? Yay.......

    If he can contribute on the 3rd line, just even a little, I guess I'm okay with it. Seems more like a desperation move than anything.....

    it's a low-cost signing to buy some time IMO, either just until they get hartnell back or possibly until some type of trade develops.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    it's a low-cost signing to buy some time IMO, either just until they get hartnell back or possibly until some type of trade develops.
    It's a low cost move, but it's super low reward. Dude had 6 goals and 18 points in 72 games last year. Doubt he's going to have much of a revival. Honesty, it's no different than sending Tye McGinn out there, imo, just, an older version of a body.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's a low cost move, but it's super low reward. Dude had 6 goals and 18 points in 72 games last year. Doubt he's going to have much of a revival. Honesty, it's no different than sending Tye McGinn out there, imo, just, an older version of a body.

    better than having to send shelley out there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,658
    vCash
    1500
    i like couturier infront of the net with giroux and simmonds on the PP ... lot of length and size ... nice to see luke schenn has a decent shot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    better than having to send shelley out there.
    I guess, but that's about it, for me. Knuble screams "old fan favorite, lets time them over" than anything else to me.

    I honestly hope they don't overreact and make a trade just 'cuz. It's a rough start, but there's a lot of youth and we should have money next year to play with. No need to do anything hasty.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,699
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I guess, but that's about it, for me. Knuble screams "old fan favorite, lets time them over" than anything else to me.

    I honestly hope they don't overreact and make a trade just 'cuz. It's a rough start, but there's a lot of youth and we should have money next year to play with. No need to do anything hasty.

    oh i agree i don't think they need to rush into anything.


    this move IMO is they are struggling to win, struggling to score, and knuble > sestito/shelley. plus he was cheap.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quantity of shots is nice. Only wish the quality followed.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Tortorella is running his first line into the ground. Nash/Richards have been out FOUR shifts already!
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,713
    vCash
    1500
    Well...Giroux & Timonen already have 10 mins of ice time as well. Lots of ice time for top lines, esp. considering NYR played a tough game with BOS last night.

    Hopefully MDZ, Girardi, and Staal wear down a bit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Well...Giroux & Timonen already have 10 mins of ice time as well. Lots of ice time for top lines, esp. considering NYR played a tough game with BOS last night.

    Hopefully MDZ, Girardi, and Staal wear down a bit.
    We're not playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back, though. They've rolled out their top 2 lines 5 times in a row to start the 2nd period.

    That means we'll be a little better off come 3rd.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •