Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    A big issue is teams can deny permission for assistants to interview for non head coaching jobs, so Green Bay and SF can block us from interviewing Greene and Tomsula respectively

yeah but they don't really do that if a guy is moving up. I doubt they would hold them back.

vCash
    WOOOOOOOW! I am absolutely surprised but also thrilled by the new possibilities. I found out about this once the story broke, but I wasn't able to get to a computer until just now. Its pretty funny that we were just having a discussion about this a few weeks ago and now its happening. Well, Sean Payton did say in his first press conference that he'd been on the couch watching a TON of football and just taking notes on everything he observed. He said he had a bunch of notebooks filled with the stuff. Bet he spent the $65 on the NFL All-22 coaches film to watch and rewatch. I'm interested to see what goes down and I CAN'T WAIT to see how this affects our draft and to watch the transition happen in training camp.

Oh and as for candidates, I'm in favor of Romeo Crennel of course. Other possible candidates are Packers assistant head coach/linebacker coach Winston Moss, San Fran secondary coach Ed Donatell (might as well interview him, since he's already in the city, lol), and Seattle LB coach Ken Norton. I actually LOVE Norton as a candidate for a coordinator job, but he doesn't have a lot of experience and I don't think he's ready yet, especially not to run a 3-4.

EDIT: Hmmmm...just had another thought. Todd Grantham (Georgia's DC) was an NFL coach for a long time before he went to Athens. I wonder if he'd listen to an overture

EDIT #2: Steeler's LB coach Keith Butler is definitely worth a call, though most expect him to be the heir apparent when Dick LeBeau retires, so he may not want to leave

EDIT #3: Ok, I'm just going to make a new thread for Defensive Coordinator candidates because I have too many
    Last edited by neovenator250; 01-25-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    A big issue is teams can deny permission for assistants to interview for non head coaching jobs, so Green Bay and SF can block us from interviewing Greene and Tomsula respectively
    teams generally dont block them if its a step up for the guy. i can see if they were taking the same job elsewhere.

vCash
    cant imagine him not already having a guy in mind already though. its not like he hasent had time to think it over

vCash
    Cool!

There's just something about fielding the worst defense of all-time and not adapting to work with the personnel that didn't sit right with me. Sucks it didn't work out like the saints and Spags though, but I'm very ok with this.

And the 3-4 is pretty exciting!! IMO, the 3-4 suits our personnel very well.. Bunkley/Hicks NT, Jordan DE, Vilma and Lofton MLB are locks. The outside gets exciting when you think about Cassillias, Wilson and Gillette.. Those guys belong at 34olb.

I'm sure they have Spags' replacement in mind. I think Romeo Crennel is a real solid coach when he just runs the defense. I'd prefer someone with a little more of an aggressive mentality though.
    Last edited by WhoDat; 01-25-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Coach Ray Lewis?!?
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    cant imagine him not already having a guy in mind already though. its not like he hasent had time to think it over
    He and Mickey Loomis both have said that they'll take their time. When they hired Williams and Spagnuolo, they aggressively targeted them immediately. Time to think this one over. Its a big deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    coach ray lewis?!?
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Cool!

There's just something about fielding the worst defense of all-time and not adapting to work with the personnel that didn't sit right with me. Sucks it didn't work out like the saints and Spags thought, but I'm very ok with this.

And the 3-4 is pretty exciting!! IMO, the 3-4 suits our personnel very well.. Bunkley/Hicks NT, Jordan DE, Vilma and Lofton MLB are locks. The outside gets exciting when you think about Cassillias, Wilson and Gillette.. Those guys belong at 34olb.

I'm sure they have Spags' replacement in mind. I think Romeo Crennel is a real solid coach when he just runs the defense. I'd prefer someone with a little more of an aggressive mentality though.
    Bunkley isn't built for the 3-4 defense. Don't be surprised if he's traded are flat out released! And tgat should be for others on this team, so we could get draft picks to get the right personnel for this 3-4 defense!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Bunkley isn't built for the 3-4 defense. Don't be surprised if he's traded are flat out released! And tgat should be for others on this team, so we could get draft picks to get the right personnel for this 3-4 defense!
    He might not be built for it, but we might not have a choice this year with some of these guys. Might just have to adapt a bit. We'll probably know more once the new Defensive Coordinator gets hired. I'm sure that'll be a big part of the interview and hiring process

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Coach Ray Lewis?!?
    Love it!!!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Vilma wasn't good in the 3-4 in New York, and I can't imagine age and the surgeries making him any better this go around. He might be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Vilma wasn't good in the 3-4 in New York, and I can't imagine age and the surgeries making him any better this go around. He might be gone.
    He wasn't good in it ONLY bcuz he didn't want to be in it! I promise you Dat, but he's aged and might get released anyway. Stop placing the guys on the current roster in this new scheme. A lot of bodies will be moved, either by trades or being released! Remember our cap situation which also supports what I'm saying on moving players

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    I don't know if anyone of you have been following Shanle but he thinks the 3-4 was the decision they should have made a while ago:

@scottshanle: Going to 3-4 d makes perfect sense with personnel saints have. Happy for @JuniorG93 and @MartezWilson95. Be great olbs in that d

@scottshanle: 3-4 defense wont be lovie

@jeffduncantp:My guess at the Saints' new front 7: DE Jordan, DT Hicks, OLBs Galette & M.Wilson; ILB Lofton. Other two spots (DE & ILB) TBD....
    @scottshanle: will smith and hawthorne. Should have had this front as change up last year. Perfect personnel for it
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    I don't know if anyone of you have been following Shanle but he thinks the 3-4 was the decision they should have made a while ago:

@scottshanle: Going to 3-4 d makes perfect sense with personnel saints have. Happy for @JuniorG93 and @MartezWilson95. Be great olbs in that d

@scottshanle: 3-4 defense wont be lovie

@jeffduncantp:My guess at the Saints' new front 7: DE Jordan, DT Hicks, OLBs Galette & M.Wilson; ILB Lofton. Other two spots (DE & ILB) TBD....
    @scottshanle: will smith and hawthorne. Should have had this front as change up last year. Perfect personnel for it
    Personnel that's a fit for the 3-4:
    Dline
    Hicks
    *Rookie NG*
    Cam Jordan

LBers
    Wilson
    Hawthorne
    Lofton
    Galette

DBs- (we must get bigger press cover CB)
    Cory White - 6'0 200lbs (size fits scheme; must continue improvement)
    PRob(must improve technique; he & greer aren't Big press CB)
    Harper(looks good in zone scheme; trade?)
    Jenkins(lacks zone coverage; trade?)

*Need to draft Big press CBs like LSU- Tharold Simon 6'3 194lbs(press CBs that give run support on edges)

*We also need better covering Safeties in this scheme. Harper showed better covering skills in zone but Jenkins stiff Hips/lack of range and foot speed stood out and the backups covered more ground when they had opportunities to play!

FYI:
    The only problem that presents itself in the LBer corp in both Gallette and Wilson are that they are only pass-rushers. Gallette can be our DeMarcus Ware/Matthew but In a 3-4 scheme we'll need a better Run-Stopper at the other OLBer position. Dallas Anthony Spencer is your Run-Stuffer/cover guy on the edge, which is a need in that defense. Martez Wilson would have to improve Big-Tyme in this defense with his coverage skills, run defense and his decision making during games! He reminds me of a Renaldo Turnbull!

SF- Ahmad Brooks (Pass rusher- Aldon Smith)
    GB- Dezmond Moses (pass rusher- Matthew)
    Dallas- Anthony Spencer (pass rusher- DeMarcus Ware)

DE- Cam Jordan can be our JJ Watt, pending what 3-4 scheme we will run!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-25-2013 at 11:12 AM.

From my Stephen-

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast