Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

teacher suspected of molesting 20 children

A fourth-grade teacher who worked for nearly forty years in the Los Angeles Unified School District has been arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing 20 students, a year after another veteran teacher accused of molesting nearly two dozen students brought national attention to the district and the problem of classroom sex abuse.
    After a 10-month investigation, eight felony counts of continual sexual abuse and seven counts of lewd acts upon a child were filed Wednesday against Robert Pimentel of Newport Beach for abuse that allegedly took place at George De La Torre Jr. Elementary in the Wilmington area, Officer Christopher No told The Associated Press.
    In addition to the 15 felonies, misdemeanor charges are expected for the remaining incidents, No said. Pimentel's bail has been set at $12 million, and an arraignment date hasn't been set.
    Police and school officials also said Pimentel is also suspected of the sexual abuse of one adult, but did not say what role if any that person had at the school.
    Pimentel, 57, left his fourth-grade teaching position last March when allegations arose from several girls who told their parents he inappropriately touched them during school and police opened an investigation.
    District officials immediately removed him from campus and parents and state credentialing authorities were informed, school district spokesman Daryl Strickland said. Parents and guardians will be told of the arrest by letter and phone, he said.
    Before the official dismissal process with the Board of Education could begin, Pimentel, who had worked for the district since 1974, retired.
    "Can you go back and fire someone who's already retired? No, you can't," LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy told the Los Angeles Times.
    Deasy said the school's principal was also immediately removed because the superintendent was "dissatisfied" with how the incident was handled.
    Court records obtained by the Times show the allegations covered a period between Sept. 2011 to March 2012.
    LAPD Capt. Fabian Lizzaraga told the newspaper Pimentel is suspected of inappropriately touching the children over and under their clothing.
    The Los Angeles teachers' union issued a statement calling the incidents described in the allegations "horrific" and saying that Pimentel was no longer a member and the union would not be involved in his defense.
    The Police Department said the teacher's name was spelled "Pimental," but the school district and public records give the spelling as "Pimentel."
    Police did not know if he had hired an attorney. A woman who picked up the phone at a number listed for Pimentel hung up when asked about a lawyer or comment from family.
    http://news.yahoo.com/la-teacher-sus...091920709.html

vCash
    killer clown's teacher

vCash
    I'm gonna sue all my teachers I had growing up for not molesting me. Makes me feel like I wasn't good enough. All I had was that smelly janitor and my weird auntie molest me.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    killer clown's teacher
    Looks like he finally made a move on his teacher

vCash
    lololololol

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Give him the chair.

vCash
    I wish my 7th grade teacher ms taylor would have touched me.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    This is a sick, sick story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I'm gonna sue all my teachers I had growing up for not molesting me. Makes me feel like I wasn't good enough. All I had was that smelly janitor and my weird auntie molest me.
    hahah you should see the "charlie got molested" episode of "Its always sunny in Philadelphia"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicHero3 View Post
    hahah you should see the "charlie got molested" episode of "Its always sunny in Philadelphia"
    I've seen'em all buddy!

Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Los Angeles Unified School District

Explains it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by True Sports Fan View Post

Explains it.
    How?

vCash

Explains it.
    Los Angeles Unified School District is such a joke. Most schools in the metropolitan LA are overpopulated, and never have any qualifications for their teachers. LAUSD keeps contacting my cousin to teach, and hasn't even expressed his intent to teach. I had to pick my cousins up when I was younger in Carson and it was like sitting in the drunk tank just watching them.

My aunt moved her daughters to a school in Calabasas because it was the only respectable school close to them. Mind you, an hour commute compared to Hell on Earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by true sports fan View Post
    los angeles unified school district

explains it.
    oc >>>
    Foam Party!

vCash

Explains it.
    Or just California in general

The Cult of Gattis