Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Move the team..

They should move both teams out of Florida.

Florida is a state full of old Yankees, Mets, Red Soxs, and Phillies fans.

The Rays are perennially one of the worst teams in the majors attendance wise and the Marlins even with a new ball park finished 18th in the majors attendance wise this year (and at the bottom of the league in years before that)
    Your original response you highlighted in regards to the attendance in Citi Field..

Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post

Its a ghost town until September
    The new one..

Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post

Its a ghost town until September in Tampa
    Last edited by iam brett favre; Today at 04:14 PM.

Yeah way to edit your original comment 2 minutes ago to cover your bases.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-25-2013 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Why does Montreal deserve another baseball team when they couldn't draw with the Expos?

Seems like MLB would have the same problem they are having now in Tampa Bay.

They were last in attendance from 1998 till they left Montreal in 2004.
    Agreed. Don't see the fascination. If anything it's nostalgia I would think.

A couple of my friends have tweeted something about them thinking about Nashville.

vCash
    Why does Montreal deserve another baseball team when they couldn't draw with the Expos?

Seems like MLB would have the same problem they are having now in Tampa Bay.

They were last in attendance from 1998 till they left Montreal in 2004.
    Sadly enough I agree and I live about 4-5 hours away and travel there about once a year, but I think Vancouver would be a great spot for a team the city loves baseball is very multi-cultured and an absolutely beautiful place. I just think they would have to be in the National league were they weren't competing against Toronto and Seattle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    Sadly enough I agree and I live about 4-5 hours away and travel there about once a year, but I think Vancouver would be a great spot for a team the city loves baseball is very multi-cultured and an absolutely beautiful place. I just think they would have to be in the National league were they weren't competing against Toronto and Seattle.
    Yeah i have no problems with another Canadian city like Vancouver...

I just don't understand all the love for Montreal.

It's a great city but not for baseball.

vCash
    Portland and Vancouver sound like the best ideas to me. Portland shows huge support for the Blazers and would definitely embrace a winning team in another sport. A second team in Canada makes sense too. Not Montreal. Didn't we learn anything from the Expos?

I'd like to see Vegas and Connecticut get big time sports teams, but I don't see it happening here. Especially not for Connecticut since the Yankees and Red Sox are so established there. I'd love to see a Hockey team move back there and I think they could do a pretty good job with an NBA team. San Jose could support one, but as has been pointed out, there are already 4 California teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Contract the Marlins so Jeffery Loira is out of Baseball, then have the Tampa Bay owner buy out the new stadium, move to the AL East, rename it and keep the Rays front office.

That way the Rays are out of the Al East, all of the Marlin fans would support them with an owner that isn't corrupt and they'd have one kickass front office with a better stadium than Tropicana Field.
    Solid idea actually.

vCash
    They should move to Portland or Oklahoma City. I doubt the Rays will be able to get out of their terrible stadium agreement but, at this point, I feel like Bud Selig should be proposing some type of ultimatum to the city of St. Petersburg.

vCash
    Bring them to Charlotte plzzzz

vCash
    I live about 5 miles north of the Rays stadium and its in a terrible location. They should've built the stadium off of I-275 in Clearwater rather than downtown St Pete. To be honest the reason they didnt build a stadium in Tampa is a lack of land and the price of it is outrageous when there is any. There's plenty of fans down here though

vCash
    Yeah i have no problems with another Canadian city like Vancouver...

I just don't understand all the love for Montreal.

It's a great city but not for baseball.
    when they were doing well,they showed up.they liked baseball just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    It usually is management and the owners as to why certain teams have huge problems drawing crowds, for example, Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    It usually is management and the owners as to why certain teams have huge problems drawing crowds, for example, Miami.
    that has alot to do with it.(watch major league,sometimes its planned by owners to do it as to have an excuse to relocate.) ,location is a big factor to(like with tampa bay,not actually being in the city where the population is,put it in a hard to get to place or a place seen as a bad neighborhood[see white sox] drive fans away),losing hurts alot,bad broadcast deals,bad fan experience,prices,ect. all have a hand in it.its more than just they dont like the sport

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    It's not a baseball city and again last in attendance from 1998 to 2004..

Why would they bother to move them from Tampa to a city they had to move baseball out of in the first place?

There are plenty of other more deserving options.

Vancouver, Indianapolis, Portland, Las Vegas, Brooklyn, etc etc.

vCash
    Bring back the Montreal Expos.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    Portland and Vancouver sound like the best ideas to me. Portland shows huge support for the Blazers and would definitely embrace a winning team in another sport. A second team in Canada makes sense too. Not Montreal. Didn't we learn anything from the Expos?

I'd like to see Vegas and Connecticut get big time sports teams, but I don't see it happening here. Especially not for Connecticut since the Yankees and Red Sox are so established there. I'd love to see a Hockey team move back there and I think they could do a pretty good job with an NBA team. San Jose could support one, but as has been pointed out, there are already 4 California teams.

You had to risk killing yourself going to those gms...Pieces of the roof would fall on ppl, the stadium was awful. Also, Jeff Loria ran that team into the ground, kinda like he's doing to the marlins right now.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast