Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I too am concerned with his "windup" it is slow. The ball has to be in the air faster. Blocked punts are game changers. I like the distance and hang time, but he's got some work to do. I would also like to argue that Lechler is a leader for this team. Those who say he is not are prjudiced against punters or rather stuck in the old stigma that a punter is a little dweeb and should be seen but not heard. He has demonstrated leadership time and again.
    When have you seen King punt that you feel he needs work? He was booting punts for hang-time's sake in a controlled camp-style environment. He was fine during preseason and camp.

vCash
    ^ he was slow in preseason,teams werent putting a whole lot of emphasis on getting to punts and he had several close calls that he didnt adjust his motion to,He is very focused on his form.he needs to realize that getting the kick off is more important then getting wows.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Not even close.

How many pro bowls has King been too?

As a fan, I say keep Lechler.

If King's as good as yall say he is, we won't have trouble getting something for him.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    ^^^We're in rebuilding mode. Not spend money on veteran punter mode. Lechler prevents us from getting better. We've identified talent, let expensive, polished players like Lechler go.

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    He wouldnt have stayed on the roster if we didn't plan on making the change this year. I just hope they teach this punter how to angle them long punts towards the sidelines. Lechler never did and we gave up long returns becasue of that.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Njrfpu8J12E

Seems like he has the drive to win.

vCash
    RM & DA are looking for football players, kickers need not apply!!!! The days of Al writing the big check are gone!

I was watching this video (played fine for me) and i had read King was a lefty, my bad. still don't think we pay a punter, we can have King & a couple LB's for Lech's pay.

PS, Otto and Guy are my all time favorite Raiders, before all the "kickers aren't players" people chime in.

I know my job is on the line!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rat View Post
    I wouldn't be so fast to give King the job. He's going to have to earn it. I bet we use a late round draft pick on a punter.
    I will take that bet, what is the wager? Seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    When have you seen King punt that you feel he needs work? He was booting punts for hang-time's sake in a controlled camp-style environment. He was fine during preseason and camp.
    In preseason. The wind up was slow and he didn't take that half step/slidestep to have the clear kicking lane. I know I am not the only person to see this. I am surprised you didn't. I am not saying he isn't going to be a good punter or I wouldn't like him to follow Lechler, I am just saying that by my observation of him, he has a little work to do, in addittion he needs to learn how to be a holder too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    You're only a leader if your soldiers believe in you in battle. Trust me, soldiers didn't put their heads on the line for Lechler the past 11 seasons. Stop embarrassing yourself, bro.
    slvr&blk is correct. Lechler is and has been a leader for this team. He's not embarrassing himself, quite the opposite in fact. Do you think the players didn't believe in him, that his words were empty nonsense to them? Yeah punters are not usually leaders, but ours is.

vCash
    What is Lechler's contract situation? I remember when Stan Talley replaced Ray Guy, it left a lot to be desired. King is getting a lot of raves for not yet having punted in the NFL regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    What is Lechler's contract situation? I remember when Stan Talley replaced Ray Guy, it left a lot to be desired. King is getting a lot of raves for not yet having punted in the NFL regular season.
    Not sure of his contract situation, but he's getting paid a ton of cash. That cash should be spent elsewhere so instead of having to punt, we can keep the punter off the field and score some touchdowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    slvr&blk is correct. Lechler is and has been a leader for this team. He's not embarrassing himself, quite the opposite in fact. Do you think the players didn't believe in him, that his words were empty nonsense to them? Yeah punters are not usually leaders, but ours is.
    Some people just don't understand the importance of the punter position, while some overlook leadership in it's entirety. Of course a punter can't be a leader...Afterall he's merely a punter...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Some people just don't understand the importance of the punter position, while some overlook leadership in it's entirety. Of course a punter can't be a leader...Afterall he's merely a punter...
    I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    agreed some do overlook that but most are looking at the cost of bring him back compared to king and while 2-3 mil doesnt sound like much in regards to impact players it can be

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast