Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    While King provides a huge leg, Lechler provides leadership and assurance. I hate to see Lechler go, but the Raidders are moving forward with youth. If King's accuracy is as great as his power, the Raiders are on to something.
    I'm not too worried about replacing a punter's leadership.

vCash
    His athleticism alone will make opposing ST coaches think twice about each and every punt King takes. Will he punt and we play the return? Or do we keep an extra man in the box to account for King and his potential to make a play, thus leaving us short a blocker? I like it. McKenzie kept this uninjured P on the IR for a reason. Good GM think 2 steps ahead.

vCash
    Lechler has been the holder for Janikowski since he came into the league. Its a very unsung but vital job. I am not saying that we keep him around for that reason only, but its anther factor to consider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    I'm not too worried about replacing a punter's leadership.
    You'd be foolish to overlook it...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    You'd be foolish to think it got Oakland anywhere the past 11 seasons.

vCash
    Seems to me like Lechler is one of the last men standing from Oakland's last superbowl visit. If every player brought the game that Lech brings, we'd still be labeled "Team of the decades".
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Lechler has been the holder for Janikowski since he came into the league. Its a very unsung but vital job. I am not saying that we keep him around for that reason only, but its anther factor to consider.
    Long Snapper...and not very unsung but vital job.. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Long Snapper...and not very unsung but vital job.. LOL.
    See what goes down when a leader goes down. John Condo to a busted up MLB as a makeshift longsnapper Travis Goethel stepped in and the Raiders season crashed and burned from that very moment. Again, leadership...Highly overlooked regardless of position...Need I mention Rock Cartwright, our ST Captain being given walking papers? That had no impact
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 01-24-2013 at 09:37 PM.

vCash
    IMO Shane is the #2 Mr. Raider behind Tim Brown! But when the time comes, sometimes you have to let our favorite players go. Even if they are loyal. We resign Shane and we have him for maybe four more years. If we sign King, then we have a punter for 10 years and at a cheaper price. We may not want to match the price another team wants to pay him.

vCash
    We could use the money else where

vCash
    I'm not disagreeing with letting Lechler walk and building for the future. What I'm saying is IT IS FOOLISH to overlook leadership regardless where it comes from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    See what goes down when a leader goes down. John Condo to a busted up MLB as a makeshift longsnapper Travis Goethel stepped in and the Raiders season crashed and burned from that very moment. Again, leadership...Highly overlooked regardless of position...Need I mention Rock Cartwright, our ST Captain being given walking papers? That had no impact
    Neither did the loss of Jacoby Ford, and a depleted roster. Your witch hunt is embarrassing.

vCash
    He's a punter....

Punter's don't lead, especially ones that make more then a lot of guys on the team. I can't imagine our young guys are out there risking their necks for ole Shane the punter...

The guy *****ed about every move made other then getting overpaid... Bye Shane...we don't need you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    Neither did the loss of Jacoby Ford, and a depleted roster. Your witch hunt is embarrassing.
    A team without a leader is a team without an identity. You're failure to recognize leadership is embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider24-7/365 View Post
    This is a small example of the talent that RM is able to find with guys that are otherwise overlooked. Ex. Rod streater. Looking forward to seeing the hidden gems RM can find in the future.
    Omar Gaither came aboard in week 11 and the run defense instantly improved.

Coy Francies and Philip Adams look good as well.

I am dying to see Christo Bilukidi develop too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast