Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flafson View Post
    It's dirty and you have alot of weird hippies.
    Never been to Toronto, right?

Even if what you said were true, it seems pretty immature to hate a city and it's occupants because of those reasons. Generally speaking, residents of Toronto are pretty friendly people.

vCash
    The rest of Canada hates us cus were far ahead of them and they have to rely on us. Toronto is where the Canadian economy is based out of. Most Torontonians don't give a rats *** about the CFL cus it's joke of a league. We have the NHL, NBA, MLB, and possibly the NfL in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    The rest of Canada hates us cus were far ahead of them and they have to rely on us. Toronto is where the Canadian economy is based out of. Most Torontonians don't give a rats *** about the CFL cus it's joke of a league. We have the NHL, NBA, MLB, and possibly the NfL in the near future.
    For you sure, maybe even most of toronto. But calling it a joke because you dont like it is preciously why the rest of the country hates toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Never been to Toronto, right?

Even if what you said were true, it seems pretty immature to hate a city and it's occupants because of those reasons. Generally speaking, residents of Toronto are pretty friendly people.
    You didn't understand me, i live in the GTA and that's the main difference i find between downtown Toronto to the outer parts of it where i live.

CFL is far from a joke, it's a great league IMO. I actually found it to be more entertaining than the NFL this year, maybe cause the Argos were that much better. The only "down side" to the CFL that there aren't many teams.

vCash
    I call it a joke mainly cus of the competition level. 8 teams? Winning a 8 team league just doesnt feel like you accomplish anything. The the games itself arent too bad. Ive been to an argos game and it was actually a fun experience. I just think Toronto is short changing itself by not having an NFL team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    For you sure, maybe even most of toronto. But calling it a joke because you dont like it is preciously why the rest of the country hates toronto.
    If MLB had less than ten teams would you not think it's a joke?

vCash
    I call it a joke mainly cus of the competition level. 8 teams? Winning a 8 team league just doesnt feel like you accomplish anything. The the games itself arent too bad. Ive been to an argos game and it was actually a fun experience. I just think Toronto is short changing itself by not having an NFL team.
    Go to anywhere else besides Toronto where there's a team and call it a joke. It's huge everywhere else. We're just smothered in the NFL here, which could fold and I wouldn't care one bit. Super Bowl? Who cares. 5 second running plays, then a minute of nothing = boring.

vCash
    The CFL is alot quicker than the NFL which makes it more fun. A scoring drive in the NFL can easily take 8-12 minutes off the clock which is crazy IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    If MLB had less than ten teams would you not think it's a joke?

Thats not the point. you cant compare teh two. The point is that in cities like Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal do not have anything there and the CFl is a thriving league in those cities. And as a country to say that something that the majority of the population back and support a "joke" then well you can understand why the majority of Canada dislike Toronto and think that people here are conceded.

vCash
    Thats not the point. you cant compare teh two. The point is that in cities like Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal do not have anything there and the CFl is a thriving league in those cities. And as a country to say that something that the majority of the population back and support a "joke" then well you can understand why the majority of Canada dislike Toronto and think that people here are conceded.
    People hate Toronto because of the inferiority complex. I've been to every province in this country and I know for fact that people hate this city and even this province. People who have never been here have this opinion. You like the CFL, that's great, I think it's a joke of a league with no competition. It's a second tier league. Hell, we have Toronto FC, who are terrible, but I'm a soccer fan and I couldn't care less about MLS. It's a joke too. Why do I care that people out West love the Rough riders? The CFL had two teams named the rough riders for a period of time, how can I take a league like that seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    People hate Toronto because of the inferiority complex. I've been to every province in this country and I know for fact that people hate this city and even this province. People who have never been here have this opinion. You like the CFL, that's great, I think it's a joke of a league with no competition. It's a second tier league. Hell, we have Toronto FC, who are terrible, but I'm a soccer fan and I couldn't care less about MLS. It's a joke too. Why do I care that people out West love the Rough riders? The CFL had two teams named the rough riders for a period of time, how can I take a league like that seriously?
    ....and this is what i am talking about. The condescending attitude towards something that people cherish doesn't win you points nor does it put you in a good light with the rest of the country. No one says you have to like it. There are of people in this country and even city who say baseball is a joke because its just people swinging a bat and throwing a ball and its really boring and etc. and I would assume that you would not like them saying that kinda of stuff because whether you believe them or not its something you love watching.

So instead of sounding like a conceded ******** who requires arbitrary number of teams or people watching the sport to consider it a league, maybe you should jsut accept that apart from Toronto the CFL is an important institution in Canada and many many people around this country really really enjoy watching it.

And for teh record, no I'm not a CFL fan but i dont need to bash the league to make myself feel better about whatever Im watching or enjoy.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 01-28-2013 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    **** man... You sound like an American. "We are the greatest, **** you and your small joke of an army."

vCash
    ....and this is what i am talking about. The condescending attitude towards something that people cherish doesn't win you points nor does it put you in a good light with the rest of the country. No one says you have to like it. There are of people in this country and even city who say baseball is a joke because its just people swinging a bat and throwing a ball and its really boring and etc. and I would assume that you would not like them saying that kinda of stuff because whether you believe them or not its something you love watching.

So instead of sounding like a conceded ******** who requires arbitrary number of teams or people watching the sport to consider it a league, maybe you should jsut accept that apart from Toronto the CFL is an important institution in Canada and many many people around this country really really enjoy watching it.

And for teh record, no I'm not a CFL fan but i dont need to bash the league to make myself feel better about whatever Im watching or enjoy.
    Yes, the truth usually is condescending isn't it? why do I care what someone in Regina thinks? why does he care what I think? I don't live there, I don't look down on his city or province because I've spent very little time there thus, not knowing much about it or it's culture. I have however spent more than enough time travelling across our country and the amount of hate this city gets is unbelievable. Why do I care if someone doesn't like baseball? It's not personal nor is my dislike for the CFL personal. Torontonians don't have some condescending attitude towards the rest of Canada, the rest of Canada has inferiority complex, not my problem. How relevant would the CFL be if those cities had NHL teams? MLB teams? NBA teams? The CFL thrives in those pockets of this country because there's nothing else. The CFL isn't important, it's a league that thrives on people who have no other team to cheer for. And a number of teams in a league is relevant, whether you like it or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    **** man... You sound like an American. "We are the greatest, **** you and your small joke of an army."
    That's how you interpreted what he said?

vCash

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast