Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    I could see it being bad on the knees cus its concrete underneath. But I think its a bit overrated. Ive been on the turf and its a lot like the clay that track stars run on with a softer textrue on top. Its not that bad at all. Plus if you look at some pictures with Reyes he trains at a place which has turf like the rogers centre. Plus Reyes' injury history has to do with hamstring issues. Turf does not effect it. Hamstring injuries are caused/aggravated by hyper extension.

    The only way someone can really hurt themselves is an outfielder diving for a ball. Its not that soft. Another problem could be back issues cus of the hard surfaces. But really, its all about conditioning. Unless youre poorly conditioned(Im looking at you Lind) you shouldnt get injured from playing on the turf.
    Yeah I agree. They made it out to be a major deal but I think they just did that to create a "Omg what if" scenario. His injuries are hamstring related, but let's of course hope that doesn't happen lol.


    Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.


    Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    not caring about the cfl
    Very hard for anyone to care about a league with so few teams. Winning a grey cup means little because you're likely to win it at least once a decade. I think it would be interesting if we had say 2 divisions of 8 teams, but obviously that can never happen.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    T.O., Canada
    Posts
    14,944
    vCash
    1500
    The CFL like, embodies why the rest of Canada hates Toronto. Sorry we have more important sports to worry about. It's pretty cool when a bit of a smaller city like Hamilton (which I know isn't that small, but compared to Toronto...) embraces their team, it's just not for us.
    Last edited by 2009mvp; 01-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    2013

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,111
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    CFL is why the rest of Canada hates Toronto. Sorry we have more important sports to worry about.
    There are plenty of reasons to hate Toronto that have nothing to do with the CFL

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    2,004
    vCash
    1500
    I don't hate Toronto, but I'm glad I moved away because it's a large parking lot. It takes me 20 minutes to get to a Wings, Lions or Tigers game or a crap load of R&B that I never would get to see in T.O. I had seasons tix in sect 12 for the Argos for years at the Ex. Now I get to tailgate 8 times a year and see what I think is better ball. But hey, love the one you're with.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,828
    vCash
    1500
    The CFL is so stupid. There's 8 teams. You have a 25 % chance of making the finals every year.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    28,823
    vCash
    1500
    yeah CFL is a joke.. if that is what really stopping them from switching to turf, then shame on Rogers

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I don't hate Toronto, but I'm glad I moved away because it's a large parking lot. It takes me 20 minutes to get to a Wings, Lions or Tigers game or a crap load of R&B that I never would get to see in T.O. I had seasons tix in sect 12 for the Argos for years at the Ex. Now I get to tailgate 8 times a year and see what I think is better ball. But hey, love the one you're with.
    Im glad you enjoy living in a crappy border city like Windsor and also enjoy going to an even ****** city like detroit to go to lions or tigers games. There is a reason why there is no traffic in those cities, especially detroit....its becasue every left. ANd now Detroit is a shell of its and are more empties than Baltimore in "The Wire". Using Detroit is a poor excuse. If you live in major a metropolis then you give up the freedom of traffic free driving and if you dont like that then move to the boonies or run down cities like Detroit or Windsor. The vast majority huge population cities across the world have traffic issues and people learn to deal with it.

    As for teh Grey Cup im with 2009mvp... places like Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton dont really have much of anything to watch in the summer months and rally around the CFL which is a good thing. And its great that I as someone who lives in Toronto have so much to do but other dont so lets not rag on the CFl for being what it is.
    Last edited by JaysFan87; 01-26-2013 at 07:46 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,778
    vCash
    1500
    The Blue Jays have turf players.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    CFL has some pretty good tv numbers, even Toronto isn't so bad in that regard.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    There are plenty of reasons to hate Toronto that have nothing to do with the CFL
    like what?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    like what?
    It's dirty and you have alot of weird hippies.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    windsor
    Posts
    2,004
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Im glad you enjoy living in a crappy border city like Windsor and also enjoy going to an even ****** city like detroit to go to lions or tigers games. There is a reason why there is no traffic in those cities, especially detroit....its becasue every left. ANd now Detroit is a shell of its and are more empties than Baltimore in "The Wire". Using Detroit is a poor excuse. If you live in major a metropolis then you give up the freedom of traffic free driving and if you dont like that then move to the boonies or run down cities like Detroit or Windsor. The vast majority huge population cities across the world have traffic issues and people learn to deal with it.

    As for teh Grey Cup im with 2009mvp... places like Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton dont really have much of anything to watch in the summer months and rally around the CFL which is a good thing. And its great that I as someone who lives in Toronto have so much to do but other dont so lets not rag on the CFl for being what it is.
    Wow. Where is all the venom coming from? (BTW, GTA and GDA have the same 5M population)

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    T-dot
    Posts
    10,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Wow. Where is all the venom coming from? (BTW, GTA and GDA have the same 5M population)
    Toronto pop = 2.65M
    Detroit pop= .7M

    GTA density= 850/km2

    Metro Detroit density= 423/km2

    So there are more people in the actually city and double the population density the the areas surround the city.

    Detroit is a terrible city right now. Ive been and sure its great to go see a lions game or wings game or tigers game but thats pretty much the only thing going for a city that used to be one of the best cities in the US. YEs its that bad.

    No venom but saying you left Toronto to go to live in windsor or detroit because of the traffic and now you are happy just doesn't fly when you look at how decrepit those cities have become (more so Detroit than WIndsor).

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    GDA population dropped from 2000 to 2010 by 3.5%
    GTA population raised from 2006 to 2011 by 8.5%
    If you notice, my stats for GTA only cover 5 years which means if you compare the same dates which means the change for 10 years would probably be closer to 20%
    In other words, people are running away from Detroit while coming in to Toronto.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •