Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nithanyo View Post
    The rest of Canada hates us cus were far ahead of them and they have to rely on us. Toronto is where the Canadian economy is based out of. Most Torontonians don't give a rats *** about the CFL cus it's joke of a league. We have the NHL, NBA, MLB, and possibly the NfL in the near future.
    While it may be true that the Canadian economy flows thru Toronto, the majority of that money does not come from the great city of Toronto or province of Ontario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    Thats not the point. you cant compare teh two. The point is that in cities like Regina, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal do not have anything there and the CFl is a thriving league in those cities. And as a country to say that something that the majority of the population back and support a "joke" then well you can understand why the majority of Canada dislike Toronto and think that people here are conceded.
    All of the cities you mentioned, with the exception of Regina, have NHL teams.

The CFL fine if people like it but it simply doesn't work in Toronto because Toronto is one of the biggest metropolitan area's in North America (coming in behind just Mexico City, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago) and as such people here like and support sports teams and leagues which they consider to be the big stage of sports. If Toronto had an NFL team, it'd be sold out every week.

The CFL is what it is, a boutique little league. It's not arrogant or conceded for residents of Toronto to not be interested in the CFL. It simply doesn't fit this market.

As someone who's lived in the Toronto area all of my life, I've never thought less of people in other cities in Canada who like the CFL, I just know it isn't for me. I don't go watch the Toronto Marlies play either but I understand why people in towns like Sault Ste Marie or London or Barrie like second-tier regional hockey teams.

vCash
    Love how a thread about baseball turns into a pissing contest about the CFL. We really need the season to start.

I love everyone and every sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnall View Post
    Love how a thread about baseball turns into a pissing contest about the CFL. We really need the season to start.

I love everyone and every sport.
    Its not that people in toronto hate the CFL(there are actually a few die hards) but we just believe we are entitled to better. Im not putting down the CFL but lets be honest, NFL is the big leagues and Toronto is a big league city. Not to mention Im a die hard Jays fan and the fact that the argos are one of the biggest reasons we cant have grass makes me a bit more bitter. Im a Bears fan and Im lucky to get to a game once every four years. Really wish we had an NFL team. I believe we deserve better. We could sell out consistently. (The bills in Toronto thing is a joke and to add Rogers extened them another 5 years)

Plus we could potentially give the Rogers Centre to the NFL team and move the Jays to a ballpark possible facing the skyline or the lake (I can dream right)

vCash
    IMO, it would make more sense to turn the NFL into CFL than the other way around. I know they actually tried to do that at some point and it didn't work too well, probably cause the difference in field size.
    Problem with CFL it has a longer history than the NFL does so a Canadian city going with NFL will be a stain on Canadian history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234