Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Deciding between two laptops HELP

http://www.staples.com/Lenovo-z580-5...product_104993

or

http://www.staples.com/Lenovo-Ideapa...product_984631

I can get both for the same price. Mine bit the dust earlier today (hard drive sounded like sandpaper). I just want to know which one is the better buy. Both seem very similar. I don't do anything crazy on it just basic stuff. Although I may want to get Sim City when it comes out.

Thanks for the help!

vCash
    The cheaper one is better except for the 750GB hard drive... It is either the same or better in every other aspect though...

vCash
    I do not think either laptop will be able to play SimCity though

vCash
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...2&game=SimCity

This website says they won't be able too...

Maybe on the very low settings though, i dunno

vCash
    psd is broken

vCash
    Ouch those are both bad (in my opinion). But I would say to with more RAM over more HD capacity.

I will never buy a laptop bigger than 13" again and I want one even smaller quite frankly. 15" (and definitely 17") is too much screen for what is supposed to be portable.

I love my Macs (Air) but honestly look into Ultrabooks. They aren't netbooks anymore. They're grow up computers.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Ok so what is the benefit of ultrabooks? I really don't take it out of the house anymore since I'm done with college. I just want it to be portable in the house, and be able to do some ****. I'd like to stay right around $600 as well. Any suggestions? I also have an iPad if that factors into some decision making. Also, I'm really open to suggestions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Ok so what is the benefit of ultrabooks? I really don't take it out of the house anymore since I'm done with college. I just want it to be portable in the house, and be able to do some ****. I'd like to stay right around $600 as well. Any suggestions? I also have an iPad if that factors into some decision making. Also, I'm really open to suggestions.
    Cheaper one is better

For what it sounds like that one would be fine for you. Dont buy a laptop if you want to play games unless you plan to spend over 1,500.

vCash
    Well maybe I can run flight sim X on there. My laptop that just died used to be able to play it when I first got it.

vCash
    I say get a small screen and a cheap monitor. 19" or something like that to play games on.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Have any suggestions (links) for a comp in my price range?

vCash
    I originally bought the ideapad recently and it had a huge design error in which the keyboard would cut out once in a while because the metals inside would short circuit. It was amazing otherwise, but I had to send it back because of that and it was frustrating. It is a common issue, so watch out.

vCash
    Well I ended up getting a Lenovo U510 Ultrabook. Nice so far!

vCash
    man both are terrible with the graphics card.. but best bang for ur buck is def the 8gb 750 harddrive for 550.

LETS GO HEAT