Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    With things moving swimmingly, I'm expecting Disney to pump out a new Star Wars episode every three years starting with Episode VII in 2015 and going on from there. A tradition reborn to last an eternity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    The first season and a half/2 seasons of Lost were amazing. After that, it was trash.
    I agree with this. I have been ranting about Lost to anybody that cares to listen and complaining about how much it pissed me off. Since the very first episode, everybody and their niece said it was Purgatory. "No, no. It's not Purgatory I tell you. They're not dead!" Is what the writers and producers said. Behind closed doors they were saying, "****, ****. They guessed it already. We have to spend four seasons coming up with a way to redefine death and think of a new explanation that is so convoluted, random and full of nonsense so that nobody can see that, ultimately, the explanation is that they're all dead."

I hate Lost. I've liked everything else Abrams has been involved in though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Already talk that he is done with Star Trek as it was part of the agreement with Disney.
    Well that sucks, I hope someone decent picks up the Star Treks!!

vCash
    I'm pretty happy about this.

I never liked anything Star Trek, always was 100% Star Wars. I went into Star Trek expecting to hate it, ripped on it before it started, watched it, loved it.

I saw the guy they have writing it has some legit movies under his belt too, can't wait.

vCash
    Abrams is a HUGE Star Wars fan, which could be both good and bad. But its not that surprising that he ditched Star Trek for Star Wars seeing as he was a Star Wars guy growing up. And his Star Trek movie was kinda Star Wars esque.

I'm not sure what to expect. There's no doubt he has respect for the material but it could also be bad in that he might not be willing to take a risk.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 01-25-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Too much Abrams hate going on around here.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    This is amazing news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    Well that sucks, I hope someone decent picks up the Star Treks!!
    Why can't he make both..

vCash
    Someone seriously wanted George Lucas to direct these?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Dem scene transitions

vCash
    I'm more concerned with who the characters will be, who the actors will be and what the script will be than the director.

I thought Lost was amazing. I wish they answered more of the unanswered questions but it was great. I wish it was still on.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Could be worse and I enjoyed the Star Trek movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I wouldn't mind Lucas directing, but he would've had to have ZERO say over dialogue.

His vision just is Star Wars. If he had stayed on and someone focused on the relationships between characters, it'd be solid.

Abrams scares me just because I don't think his filming style fits Star Wars. I don't doubt that he'll tell a compelling story, but I'm not sure if it'll be a Star Wars story or one that just is Star Wars in name.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    He did a good job with Star Trek

vCash
    If he screws this up, he should be called Jar Jar Abrams for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast