Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Rey Maualuga. I do believe he is a FA that will go unwanted by the Bengals. They are perfectly content with Vontaze Burfict taking over for him. He wouldn't be a huge splash FA, but somebody that maybe we could see what he has in him, after playing in a crappy organization. I think he needs a change of scenery. Despite playing all 16 games for the Bengals and having his most productive tackling season of his career (122 tackles on the season), Maualuga experienced difficult in pass coverage and had his share of missed tackles as well. I know he has had a bit of a troubled path. Green Bay is a good place to come to have a winning football attitude around you. I don't think he's a bad guy, just maybe has partied too much in the past. But part of me has always felt that Rey was playing out of position in Cincy. I think playing inside in a 3-4 wouldn't be a bad spot for him. And we probably wouldn't need him for his third down coverage skills. I'd be all for bringing him in at slightly over the league veteran minimum. I wanted him so badly coming out of college. I think once he starts playing good again, he has that tough type of attitude that this team needs. Thoughts?
    I thought Burfict actually played outside backer for them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I thought Burfict actually played outside backer for them?
    I think so did Rey for the most part, weakside. Atleast he use to I thought.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I think so did Rey for the most part, weakside. Atleast he use to I thought.
    You'd think I would pay attention to these things but I don't lol

Especially someone like CIN who's not on TV here like ever.

vCash
    I don't think Cincy is on half the time even in Cincinnatti. Lol.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Rey Maualuga. I do believe he is a FA that will go unwanted by the Bengals. They are perfectly content with Vontaze Burfict taking over for him. He wouldn't be a huge splash FA, but somebody that maybe we could see what he has in him, after playing in a crappy organization. I think he needs a change of scenery. Despite playing all 16 games for the Bengals and having his most productive tackling season of his career (122 tackles on the season), Maualuga experienced difficult in pass coverage and had his share of missed tackles as well. I know he has had a bit of a troubled path. Green Bay is a good place to come to have a winning football attitude around you. I don't think he's a bad guy, just maybe has partied too much in the past. But part of me has always felt that Rey was playing out of position in Cincy. I think playing inside in a 3-4 wouldn't be a bad spot for him. And we probably wouldn't need him for his third down coverage skills. I'd be all for bringing him in at slightly over the league veteran minimum. I wanted him so badly coming out of college. I think once he starts playing good again, he has that tough type of attitude that this team needs. Thoughts?
    According to PFF Ray Maualuga was the worst rated LB in the NFL last year. He didn't have 1 positively graded game. Without going through everything I'd bet he was the worst rated player in the NFL at nearly -30. That is somehow worse than Walden was rated. You understated what happened to him in coverage. He was absolutely destroyed. Not only that but he wasn't good against the run. Sure bring him in and see if he can earn a spot but I really doubt it. ILB is loaded on the back end in GB and I doubt he could beat out any of those players. I don't see GB bringing in a FA at the position unless the feel like they are clearly getting something better than they have which in Rey's case I don't feel like they would.

Burfict also didn't play in the middle. He was Cincy's WLB all year.
    Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries - 2013 6.5/6/27 2014 -
    Tackles/Stops - 2013- 23/23 2014 - 5/5
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 2013- 22.4/9.5/12 2014- 2.8/3.7/-1.0
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 2013- 8.6/9.3 2014- 18.5/0
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade - 6th 2014- 7th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    According to PFF Ray Maualuga was the worst rated LB in the NFL last year. He didn't have 1 positively graded game. Without going through everything I'd bet he was the worst rated player in the NFL at nearly -30. That is somehow worse than Walden was rated. You understated what happened to him in coverage. He was absolutely destroyed. Not only that but he wasn't good against the run. Sure bring him in and see if he can earn a spot but I really doubt it. ILB is loaded on the back end in GB and I doubt he could beat out any of those players. I don't see GB bringing in a FA at the position unless the feel like they are clearly getting something better than they have which in Rey's case I don't feel like they would.

Burfict also didn't play in the middle. He was Cincy's WLB all year.
    I totally get what you are saying, but I think he has talent that isn't being utilized properly. Remember Cincinnati is the same organization that waived Ahmad Brooks because they played him out of position. I think SF is glad they brought him in for a look see!

I don't get all this ILB depth you are talking about. Bishop is awesome. Other than that we have no sure things or studs. Brad Jones may be gone, and I'm up and down on him.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I totally get what you are saying, but I think he has talent that isn't being utilized properly. Remember Cincinnati is the same organization that waived Ahmad Brooks because they played him out of position. I think SF is glad they brought him in for a look see!

I don't get all this ILB depth you are talking about. Bishop is awesome. Other than that we have no sure things or studs. Brad Jones may be gone, and I'm up and down on him.
    I'm pretty surprised how underrated Jones has been this year by Packer fans. He outplayed Hawk in nearly every game. He has solid size and athleticism plus he was in his first year as an ILB. They also have Smith who I think could develop into a solid starter. They have Manning who the team was obviously very high on. I am excited to see what he brings to the table. All I was saying is they can bring him in but I don't feel it would be any different than what they did at DE last offseason. It would improve the training camp depth but I really doubt he would make the roster. I mean if he wanted to sign a non guaranteed contract I would be all for it. Otherwise not so much because he had a disastrous year.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    So since I've been watching so much footage on ILB recently I went and watched a ton of footage on Terrell Manning. The crazy thing is I'm more impressed with him than just about any1 I've seen at ILB in the 2013 draft. I don't get it I was so underwhelmed I had to go back and watch a couple NFL players before they came out. I'm not personally liking any1 in the first two days of the draft.

Manning though has me even more excited about him being healthy and ready for camp. I guarantee the only reason he wasn't a 2nd or 3rd rd pick was his tackling. He didn't wrap up enough which is fundamental and easily coachable. He has all the physical tools you can dream of. I'm probably more content with this position than most Packer fans if Hawk gets kicked out of town. I'd personally prefer it. Between Jones, Manning, and Smith I feel the Packers have something good to team with Bishop. I'm rooting for Manning.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    So since I've been watching so much footage on ILB recently I went and watched a ton of footage on Terrell Manning. The crazy thing is I'm more impressed with him than just about any1 I've seen at ILB in the 2013 draft. I don't get it I was so underwhelmed I had to go back and watch a couple NFL players before they came out. I'm not personally liking any1 in the first two days of the draft.

Manning though has me even more excited about him being healthy and ready for camp. I guarantee the only reason he wasn't a 2nd or 3rd rd pick was his tackling. He didn't wrap up enough which is fundamental and easily coachable. He has all the physical tools you can dream of. I'm probably more content with this position than most Packer fans if Hawk gets kicked out of town. I'd personally prefer it. Between Jones, Manning, and Smith I feel the Packers have something good to team with Bishop. I'm rooting for Manning.
    The bolded has and had me worried about him since we got him. ALso, wasn't he then one that had like a surgery or two on his knees? Anyway, the italic part I just don't know if I agree with because sometimes it's just a players mentality. I remember in the earlier parts of 2000 I believe and nobody on this team could tackle, I mean I remember watching games and just being sick watching all the missed tackles. My point is it took a few years of redrafting players to change that around.

Now I am not saying that I don't have faith in the guy, not by a long stretch. Like you mention he has a lot of tools to like.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I'm pretty surprised how underrated Jones has been this year by Packer fans. He outplayed Hawk in nearly every game. He has solid size and athleticism plus he was in his first year as an ILB. They also have Smith who I think could develop into a solid starter. They have Manning who the team was obviously very high on. I am excited to see what he brings to the table. All I was saying is they can bring him in but I don't feel it would be any different than what they did at DE last offseason. It would improve the training camp depth but I really doubt he would make the roster. I mean if he wanted to sign a non guaranteed contract I would be all for it. Otherwise not so much because he had a disastrous year.
    Brad Jones is a FA, I want him back. That is not what I meant. I personally don't think he is going to hurt or embarrass you, wherever he plays. I just don't think he is the tackling machine that we want starting there. He obviously has great value overall to our whole LB core. I may well be wrong on him because at times I was more than impressed with him and other times, not so.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash

The disconcerting part for me is why didn't this kid see the field at all? Did his special teams keep him off game day roster? And honestly I don't remember him doing much in the preseason, but I sure remember Dezmon Moses a undrafted guy making crazy plays everywhere.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    The disconcerting part for me is why didn't this kid see the field at all? Did his special teams keep him off game day roster? And honestly I don't remember him doing much in the preseason, but I sure remember Dezmon Moses a undrafted guy making crazy plays everywhere.
    Manning? He had that sickness that basically took away his whole training camp. IDK if any rookie would have seen the field after what he went through during camp... I forget how much weight he actually lost all together but it was a LOT. I'm thinking like 30 lbs which most likely was all muscle. Then there is everything else that comes with a horrible sickness like that. I mean just getting back into football shape after something like that would take months if not more. And there is no way he catches up on everything he had missed.

Every1 thought he would be cut for sure. It was a complete disaster. The thing that made me really wonder what they really saw in the kid in college and through camp was when they actually kept him on the roster.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 02-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Honestly I go after Stephen Jackson over Bush. We don't utilize backs out of the backfield anyways. Jackson will pound it and get the tough yards, with our below average OL. Bush still isn't great between the tackles.
    Is Jackson even that much of an upgrade over Benson? For the money that he will be seeking...I don't think so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBear View Post
    Is Jackson even that much of an upgrade over Benson? For the money that he will be seeking...I don't think so
    I don't know either. I feel they bring Benson back to camp on another non guaranteed contract and see what he can do. They will have a pretty crowded competition at RB come training camp. Especially when/If they draft a RB and whoever they bring in as a PFA. Harris, Green, Starks, Saine, Benson(?), Draft pick(?), Any number of PFA(?). Hopefully Green comes back much better since he was never close to 100% this year and the history of ACL injuries was completely against him. Starks has talent but there shouldn't be one packer fan with their hopes up. I personally REALLY like Harris. I mean there could be 7+ RB's fighting for 3-4 spots at most.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    i agree with you on harris and i also think the starting job would be his to lose. ive always enjoyed watching guys like mjd and ray rice and i think harris has that kind of potential. a small framed back with a low center of gravity. i wanna see benson back since he will most likely be cheap and a few rooks to compete. starks should be on his way out imo...not that i dont think hes good, just that he is very unreliable. i liked the way green showed some flashes this year so hopefully he kicks it into gear the off season...i guess i could care less whether he makes it or not.

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast