Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    Honestly I go after Stephen Jackson over Bush. We don't utilize backs out of the backfield anyways. Jackson will pound it and get the tough yards, with our below average OL. Bush still isn't great between the tackles.

We use Cobb out of the backfield very well and why couldn't MM further adapt to a back of Bush's talent. That is what makes a coach great anyway and I consider MM a great offensive coach. He just never has had a back with Bush's talent. I personally take Bush over Jackson. There is about a 2 year difference also and the price would probably be similar. Bush has less wear and tear on his body and actually has been the better rusher statistically the last 2 years.
    Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries - 2013 6.5/6/27 2014 -
    Tackles/Stops - 2013- 23/23 2014 - 5/5
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 2013- 22.4/9.5/12 2014- 2.8/3.7/-1.0
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 2013- 8.6/9.3 2014- 18.5/0
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade - 6th 2014- 7th

vCash
    Honestly I go after Stephen Jackson over Bush. We don't utilize backs out of the backfield anyways. Jackson will pound it and get the tough yards, with our below average OL. Bush still isn't great between the tackles.
    Read this

Now thing of MM's play calling

Read it again

Then think of MM's play calling

Just sayin...........When's the last time he's shown he would dedicate himself to a run game for an extended period? He never does. MAYBE Sjax would change that but I'm not convinced. I'd rather take a guy who suits what he already likes to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Read this

Read it again

Just sayin...........When's the last time he's shown he would dedicate himself to a run game for an extended period? He never does. MAYBE Sjax would change that but I'm not convinced. I'd rather take a guy who suits what he already likes to do.
    Before MM got here he was a coach devoted to the run. Because of the lack of running game and because we got the best QB in the league he's gotten away from that. Not sure if we need a bruiser but if we can get a back that can pound it but also an option out of the backfield I think that'd be best for us. I use Atlanta this year as a pretty good example. Turner was a guy that could pound it but he was so limited. You knew they wouldn't throw him the ball. Steven Jackson I think would be a decent option. I'm just not sure how much he'd want. And obviously it wouldn't be a long contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Before MM got here he was a coach devoted to the run. Because of the lack of running game and because we got the best QB in the league he's gotten away from that. Not sure if we need a bruiser but if we can get a back that can pound it but also an option out of the backfield I think that'd be best for us. I use Atlanta this year as a pretty good example. Turner was a guy that could pound it but he was so limited. You knew they wouldn't throw him the ball. Steven Jackson I think would be a decent option. I'm just not sure how much he'd want. And obviously it wouldn't be a long contract.
    He'll always lean towards putting it on Rodgers over running the rock. That's the issue. He trusts him way too much. That's kind of what I was saying.

I loved the play calling the two times Flynn started. But we won't see that with Rodgers.

vCash
    Read this

Read it again

I understand that. But we haven't really been utilizing the rb position at all. We do pound it straight up the gut with Kuhn, but for whatever reason the screen play is nonexistent in this offense. We rarely throw to guys out of the backfield at all, except Kuhn. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Bush, just would rather have Jackson a little more. He'd be a bruiser that I think would get our OL fired up to block for.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    I understand that. But we haven't really been utilizing the rb position at all. We do pound it straight up the gut with Kuhn, but for whatever reason the screen play is nonexistent in this offense. We rarely throw to guys out of the backfield at all, except Kuhn. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Bush, just would rather have Jackson a little more. He'd be a bruiser that I think would get our OL fired up to block for.
    Kuhn had like a carry a game lol. I get what you're saying I just don't think Mike would sit htere and pound the rock. Especially with our girly run blocking OL.

vCash
    IDK if I would say he wouldn't do it. I'm sure he would love too but how can you when his RB's are getting like 3 ypc and sometimes less a game. It got pretty pathetic for a stretch.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Kuhn had like a carry a game lol. I get what you're saying I just don't think Mike would sit htere and pound the rock. Especially with our girly run blocking OL.
    Why is it that our run blocking just looks so bad, besides the obvious that we suck at it? Other teams run and it just looks more fluid. Is it just me?
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Why is it that our run blocking just looks so bad, besides the obvious that we suck at it? Other teams run and it just looks more fluid. Is it just me?
    ZBS

It kind of leaves jagged holes. Instead of power where there is one definite hole and you'll see linemen pulling and such.

vCash
    I personally think we don't put an accent on it in practice enough. This is a complete guess obviously.

vCash
    Run blocking has something to do with TT going after pass blocking lineman. Every single player Olineman on the roster is better at pass pro than run blocking. Sitton may be the best pass pro guard in the NFL but can't contend with the elite run blockers and he is the best run blocker the Packers have(He is still really good at run blocking). I think next year we will see an Improved unit. Bulaga, Sitton, EDS, and Lang are all at least above average run blockers and I think getting continuity between them will improve this unit in that area. Hopefully Sherrod can make it back. Newhouse is solid in pass pro but not a very good run blocker.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on NFL Live Thursday that the Ravens may "very well" end up releasing Anquan Boldin after the Super Bowl.
    Per Schefter, the Ravens are $5 million over the projected 2013 salary cap, "and that's before they get a deal done with Joe Flacco." Franchise tagging Flacco would put them roughly $20 million over the cap. Cutting Boldin would save Baltimore about $5.5 million. Although it's not a move the Ravens would like to make, "financial pressures" may force them to. Schefter added that releasing Jacoby Jones could free up another $3.5 million.
    I would love to see Boldin in green and yellow. Just not sure how much he would cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    I would love to see Boldin in green and yellow. Just not sure how much he would cost.
    No way we'd outpay other teams.

vCash
    No way we'd outpay other teams.
    Yeah i know. But i still would love to have him

vCash
    Rey Maualuga. I do believe he is a FA that will go unwanted by the Bengals. They are perfectly content with Vontaze Burfict taking over for him. He wouldn't be a huge splash FA, but somebody that maybe we could see what he has in him, after playing in a crappy organization. I think he needs a change of scenery. Despite playing all 16 games for the Bengals and having his most productive tackling season of his career (122 tackles on the season), Maualuga experienced difficult in pass coverage and had his share of missed tackles as well. I know he has had a bit of a troubled path. Green Bay is a good place to come to have a winning football attitude around you. I don't think he's a bad guy, just maybe has partied too much in the past. But part of me has always felt that Rey was playing out of position in Cincy. I think playing inside in a 3-4 wouldn't be a bad spot for him. And we probably wouldn't need him for his third down coverage skills. I'd be all for bringing him in at slightly over the league veteran minimum. I wanted him so badly coming out of college. I think once he starts playing good again, he has that tough type of attitude that this team needs. Thoughts?
    NFC Here we come!

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast