vCash
    FA idea: Dashon Goldson

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    FA idea: Dashon Goldson
    Overrated.

vCash
    Ed Reed. Remember when Charles Woodson was a free agent and everybody said he would be too expensive and that the Packers would never sign him? And how he was being courted by a bunch of different teams and the teams either didn't want to pay him the money he wanted or they wanted to play him at safety? And Green Bay finally won the bidding war because of the offer and the promise to play him at corner?

Maybe the same thing will happen with Reed. He can play at least two more years, and we have needed an intelligent, ball hawking safety ever since Nick Collins was injured.

Ed Reed signs, Super Bowl.

Richard Seymour. Same thing with Ryan Pickett, except his name is a little bit more recognizable. The two areas of this defense that need help the most (with the anticipated return of Bishop and Perry) are safety and DL help. Seymour is a veteran, and he fixes all the problems on the DL. Two or three more years.

Finley, Jennings I think will be gone. Woodson I think will restructure. Driver will retire. Hawk could be gone as well maybe. Saturday will retire. This should leave enough money to re-sign Matthews and Raji.

If not these two guys, somebody else at their positions. Defensive line players rarely make a contribution early in their careers in the draft, especially in the 3-4 defense. Even Halogti Ngata took a while to catch his stride in the NFL if I remember correctly. A safety could come in and do the job if he was a first round talent, but Thompson seems content to wait until the second round for secondary help. I don't think any second round safeties (at least not where we're at in the second round) could come in and be the presence we need there.

Basically, I think either DL or safety needs to be addressed in free agency or through a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Overrated.
    Hes a beast.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Just looking at a free agent list this is what I came away with:
    Ryan CLady
    Michael Johnson (Our line would be nasty)
    Anthony Spencer
    Jairus Byrd

Obviously these are dream guys that would never happen, nor do I want us to if it means jeopardizing money for Clay, Rodgers, or Raji.

However if money wasn't an issue I would definitely take a long look at Byrd. The guy is a perfect ballhawk that our D lacked last year until Shields turned it on late.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Hes a beast.
    Most overrated SAF in the game. Easily.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Just looking at a free agent list this is what I came away with:
    Ryan CLady
    Michael Johnson (Our line would be nasty)
    Anthony Spencer
    Jairus Byrd

Obviously these are dream guys that would never happen, nor do I want us to if it means jeopardizing money for Clay, Rodgers, or Raji.

However if money wasn't an issue I would definitely take a long look at Byrd. The guy is a perfect ballhawk that our D lacked last year until Shields turned it on late.
    I love Micheal Johnson, but I don't know if he could play End in a 3-4 scheme.
    is he heavy enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Most overrated SAF in the game. Easily.
    Gonna want allot of money too.

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Why don't we work a sign and trade with Jennings for Revis? What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsone23 View Post
    Why don't we work a sign and trade with Jennings for Revis? What do you guys think?
    I love Revis but he is going to want a lot of $ and he likes to hold out every time another CB gets signed to a bigger contract then him.

vCash
    [in response to seymour and reed]

those would be great to have. i could see it happening too for the reason you mentioned. the great thing about ted is, from what i gather, he has a good eye for talent and sees the potential in dern near everyone. though those two are in the back end of their careers, i could see them coming in and playing with the same intensity that they showed throughout their careers. its going to be interesting to see what hits the market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeThemTDs View Post
    [in response to seymour and reed]

those would be great to have. i could see it happening too for the reason you mentioned. the great thing about ted is, from what i gather, he has a good eye for talent and sees the potential in dern near everyone. though those two are in the back end of their careers, i could see them coming in and playing with the same intensity that they showed throughout their careers. its going to be interesting to see what hits the market.
    Seymour is interesting.

I could never see Reed leaving BAL, could you? Seems like 0.0000001% chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsone23 View Post
    When have you ever seen a sign and trade deal in the NFL? Ever? In the past twenty years, I'll give you twenty years. For precedent's sake, I shouldn't, but I will. I will give you fifty years to go back and find events of sign and trade. I'm not talking about Tag and trade. Even though tag and trade is illegal when a team franchises a player with the intent to trade them, it has happened before due to an inability to come to a long term contract amidst other reasons.

I'm talking exclusively Sign and Trade, and I'm challenging anybody to come up with as many examples of sign and trade in the last fifty years. For the sake of this argument, the player in question had to make more than the veteran's minimum to count.

It doesn't happen.
    It won't happen.
    I'm not even sure the CBA would allow it to happen.
    This is an NBA phenomenon.
    Not an NFL type thing.

I apologize for the apparent hostility in my response, but it goes on and on and on. Tag and trade Jennings, sign and trade Jennings.

No. It won't happen. Either Greg Jennings re-signs, is tagged, or he is gone for nothing. That's how it is, that's how it will be. It was the same thing with Flynn, it will be the same thing with Jennings. If he is tagged, the only way he will be traded is if he holds out close to the start of the season. If that's the case, don't expect anything more than a third round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    When have you ever seen a sign and trade deal in the NFL? Ever? In the past twenty years, I'll give you twenty years. For precedent's sake, I shouldn't, but I will. I will give you fifty years to go back and find events of sign and trade. I'm not talking about Tag and trade. Even though tag and trade is illegal when a team franchises a player with the intent to trade them, it has happened before due to an inability to come to a long term contract amidst other reasons.

I'm talking exclusively Sign and Trade, and I'm challenging anybody to come up with as many examples of sign and trade in the last fifty years. For the sake of this argument, the player in question had to make more than the veteran's minimum to count.

It doesn't happen.
    It won't happen.
    I'm not even sure the CBA would allow it to happen.
    This is an NBA phenomenon.
    Not an NFL type thing.

I apologize for the apparent hostility in my response, but it goes on and on and on. Tag and trade Jennings, sign and trade Jennings.

No. It won't happen. Either Greg Jennings re-signs, is tagged, or he is gone for nothing. That's how it is, that's how it will be. It was the same thing with Flynn, it will be the same thing with Jennings. If he is tagged, the only way he will be traded is if he holds out close to the start of the season. If that's the case, don't expect anything more than a third round pick.
    Thanks for making this post so I didn't have to. Lol

vCash
    It's definitely allowed to happen...I remember TT saying that they can sign and trade Flynn, its just not something usually done.
    Forget about if its realistic or not, thats actually a good idea.

Our QB > Yours

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast