Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Anyone who thinks they know more than Mel Kiper is either ignorant or just in denial. He's watched more film this past week than you have your whole life.
    I don't doubt Kiper looks at a lot of film. I just think he doesn't know what he's looking at.

vCash
    Anyone who thinks they know more than Mel Kiper is either ignorant or just in denial. He's watched more film this past week than you have your whole life.
    Never stated I know more than him, I did state that if I had took the time and effort Kiper does, then I could evaluate talent better than him though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    Never stated I know more than him, I did state that if I had took the time and effort Kiper does, then I could evaluate talent better than him though.
    A chimp throwing a toy football knows more about college football than Kiper does. Anyone who thinks Jamarcus Russell will be the next big QB and Aaron Curry will be a force should never be allowed to write about football prospects again. He literally should have his rights to write about the sport taken away he is so clueless.

McShay is pretty bad, but not as bad as Kiper.
    Then I guess you know less than chimps.

Look, I'm no Kiper fan. But don't act like you could do better and be 100% right about every prospect or something. Or even 80% right.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Kiper goes on to say, more or less, that they received an A and not an A+ because of the Bruce Irvin pick. You kind of have to agree with him that Irvin is a one dimensional player (QB rusher) and gets easily beaten in the run game (as proven throughout the season, and against the Falcons in the playoffs). It's hard to spend your 15th overall pick on a one dimensional player.

All of there other picks were great, including the gem in the draft, Russel Wilson.
    Actually Irvin didn't get beat in the run game throughout the season because he never lined up against the run till Clemons went out. He's done an okay job this year, but he's doing what we drafted him for. How do you downgrade a player for doing his job? He was never drafted to be a starting DE. He was drafted to get pressure on the QB during 3rd and longs... People just don't get it

vCash

Look, I'm no Kiper fan. But don't act like you could do better and be 100% right about every prospect or something. Or even 80% right.
    This. It takes balls to do what Kiper does, and he usually does do a great job. Would you like to send me your draft order before his comes out? Bet he gets more right then you do.

vCash
    Guarantee you could not.

Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Actually Irvin didn't get beat in the run game throughout the season because he never lined up against the run till Clemons went out. He's done an okay job this year, but he's doing what we drafted him for. How do you downgrade a player for doing his job? He was never drafted to be a starting DE. He was drafted to get pressure on the QB during 3rd and longs... People just don't get it
    Taking a situational player in the top 15 is part of the problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Guarantee you could not.

give him the rains!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash

Why can't I act like I can do better? My own predictions about draft picks have been twice as accurate as his and I don't watch the tape he does. I had high hopes for Wilson after I found out what he did in college (this was post draft, but pre-preseason). I had some reservations about Curry when we took that pick also. I also didn't like the Carp pick, but I tried to see what JS and PC saw in him. I gurantee you, if you had a dartboard and you put up all the prospects on it and started to throw darts to see which ones pan out, you will be more accurate than Kiper. Kiper is not that great of an evaluater.

BTW, as I pointed out on another thread, I don't think I am a great talent evaulator or something, me saying I can do a better job than Kiper is because that is how poorly I think Kiper does.
    Last edited by kpak76; 01-25-2013 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    Why can't I act like I can do better? My own predictions about draft picks have been twice as accurate as his and I don't watch the tape he does. I had high hopes for Wilson after I found out what he did in college (this was post draft, but pre-preseason). I had some reservations about Curry when we took that pick also. I also didn't like the Carp pick, but I tried to see what JS and PC saw in him. I gurantee you, if you had a dartboard and you put up all the prospects on it and started to throw darts to see which ones pan out, you will be more accurate than Kiper. Kiper is not that great of an evaluater.
    This post is hilarity throughout. Yeah I'm sure you've never been wrong and you loved all the good picks and were critical of the ones that flopped.

Grow up.

I remember when I used to act like this. The older you get the more you realize you don't really know ****.

vCash
    Then why don't you quit your day job and start writing a blog about the draft? After all, if your opinion is so correct and so valuable, you will have no problem generating hits and making money.

vCash
    Guarantee you could not.

Funny, my thoughts on Hawks prospects has been right twice as often as Kipers. Explain that to me dude.

vCash
    Then why don't you quit your day job and start writing a blog about the draft? After all, if your opinion is so correct and so valuable, you will have no problem generating hits and making money.
    Because then his "predictions" would be "in print" and we'd see how big of a fool he is.

This way we never know what he said or when he said it so he can always be correct.

vCash
    Funny, my thoughts on Hawks prospects has been right twice as often as Kipers. Explain that to me dude.
    You have some sort of complex that allows you to believe you're smarter than people you aren't smarter than and your incorrect predictions never happened, only correct ones. Pretty easily explanation I'd say.

vCash
    Again, let me state this so there is no question of my arguement. I don't think I am a great football talent evaluator or I would be doing that as my day job. I am stating how poor of a job Kiper does.

vCash
    I think that is complete ********, if you ask me. Easy to say, "Oh, I thought that was a great pick" or "I had my doubts" when you have no public record to support that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast