Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thank you FalconsNation02

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 166471 View Post
    i want to see if he did as bad as post draft grades
    Oh yeah, I trust a grader that determines his own values of what he is judging, criticizes those franchises that go against it (only to replay the ones when he was lucky enough to be right) and then releases is grading of his original grading of players' values. Can this ever be real and admit he is worse than The NFL GMs & Etc., and they fail at high percentages themselves. Draft Nicks are frauds; because even the best fail at scary high rates (The MDs' GM Jeff Ireland is the scariest*)! If I cared to put in their hours, then I too could be so much of a Fraud and make a great living at it; but anyone could, no real skills needed.

*- When will Majority Owner Stephen Ross realize that???
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kpak76 View Post
    I don't know about every draft pundit, but I know a few Hawks fan who had reservations about Curry. Looks like they where right. It only proves that guys like Kiper really don't have any more of a clue than you and I. Not sure what Raiders fans where saying about Russell. Also, not sure if your trying to be serious, but if he didn't change his grade to an A and actually said he was wrong about Russell Wilson then he is just flat out stupid. He was stupid for even going against a proven NFL coach, but it seems like every year he is more wrong than right about these prospects coming out of college.

He also had last years Hawks draft at a C- I think right after the draft. Well that class produced KJ Wright and Richard Sherman. The class before had Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, Kam Chancellor and that class got a C from him also. You see my point on this dude?
    Ahh, the "I knew so and so argument." That one is lovable. Fact of the matter is, most every draftnik was saying Curry was the safest bet of the draft. The Seahawks fans on here were, for the most part, happy about that pick. He just busted for whatever reason.

Last year's class shouldn't be much better than a C- still. The Seahawks made a horrid 1st round pick in James Carpenter. Absolutely terrible.

What do you mean he's "stupid for going against a proven NFL coach?" You think every analyst in everything in sports should golf clap whenever teams make moves, regardless of what happened, since clearly the coaches/personnel men are smarter than them? Spare me that ****.

Mel Kiper absolutely knows more than the average person. People will forget the good/accurate calls he makes, and harp on him for the bad ones. No one is 100% when it comes to the NFL Draft, and no one ever will be.

Ther best part is when its all said and done, its the teams who make the correct call not Kiper. If Kiper was REALLY that good, why is he working for ESPN and not an NFL team?
    Because he wants to work for ESPN? He basically made the draft into the spectacle it is today. Mel Kiper was giving scouting information to the Baltimore Colts for free WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. He knows more than you, he knows more than me, and he knows a ton about the draft overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Ahh, the "I knew so and so argument." That one is lovable. Fact of the matter is, most every draftnik was saying Curry was the safest bet of the draft. The Seahawks fans on here were, for the most part, happy about that pick. He just busted for whatever reason.

Last year's class shouldn't be much better than a C- still. The Seahawks made a horrid 1st round pick in James Carpenter. Absolutely terrible.

What do you mean he's "stupid for going against a proven NFL coach?" You think every analyst in everything in sports should golf clap whenever teams make moves, regardless of what happened, since clearly the coaches/personnel men are smarter than them? Spare me that ****.

Mel Kiper absolutely knows more than the average person. People will forget the good/accurate calls he makes, and harp on him for the bad ones. No one is 100% when it comes to the NFL Draft, and no one ever will be.

Because he wants to work for ESPN? He basically made the draft into the spectacle it is today. Mel Kiper was giving scouting information to the Baltimore Colts for free WHEN HE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. He knows more than you, he knows more than me, and he knows a ton about the draft overall.
    I absolutely remember that he was considered the "Can't Miss" prospect of that draft. The same with Robert Gallery as he was considered to be one of the "can't miss" franchise left tackle prospect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I absolutely remember that he was considered the "Can't Miss" prospect of that draft. The same with Robert Gallery as he was considered to be one of the "can't miss" franchise left tackle prospect.
    Yep. Sports fans tend to be good revisionist historians; forgetting how things were actually perceived in the past and applying their present day perceptions to situations that happened weeks/months/years ago.

vCash
    Mike Mayock > ESPN.

vCash
    Yep. Sports fans tend to be good revisionist historians; forgetting how things were actually perceived in the past and applying their present day perceptions to situations that happened weeks/months/years ago.
    Yup, the arrogance here is laughable. I'm not even a big fan of Kiper, but we're talking about a guy who makes a living watching hundreds and thousands of hours of college gametape. Maybe, hell probably, he isn't as good as an NFL scout, but he's loads more knowledgeable on this subject than anyone here.

Personally I love Mayock though.

vCash
    I saw on some blog that he gave the Redskins a C+

He was a little off.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Mike Mayock > ESPN.
    Mike Mayock > all over NFL draft analysts

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash

Well excuse me for not sharing your view. I do realize that EVERY draft pundit was saying Curry was the safest pick in the draft that year and the same was being said for Russell. However, there was enough evidence for some Hawks fan that showed them that he doesn't have the pass rush skills to warrent the #4 overall pick, a lot of Hawks fans (maybe not on PSD) thought if we are taking a OLB that soon, he better have Von Miller pass rush type skills, which Curry obviously didn't come close to possessing. Thats life though. If our GM made that pick because he listened to draft pundits then I am glad Ruskell is no longer our GM (actually, I'm glad hes not our GM cuz he was a crappy one, but that is not the point of this).

I agree that the Carp pick by the Hawks look terrible now, however that wasn't our entire draft. Our 4th round pick netted us KJ Wright, who looks like a stud OLB and our 5th pick was Richard Sherman who is definately one of the top 3 CB's in the league right now. Those 2 picks alone at that value has to vault us to at least a B even if you take in the account that our first 2 picks looks like duds that year. (Moffit in the 3rd round doesn't look that good of a pick either).

I mean his legendary battle with Gruden over the Wilson pick.

Mel Kiper knows more because he studys more tape the average person. That says nothing about his proccess about judging talent which is the criticism he gets. Anyone who can devote as much time as him can learn as much as him. Its about how he uses that info is what annoys me about him.

vCash
    Well excuse me for not sharing your view. I do realize that EVERY draft pundit was saying Curry was the safest pick in the draft that year and the same was being said for Russell. However, there was enough evidence for some Hawks fan that showed them that he doesn't have the pass rush skills to warrent the #4 overall pick, a lot of Hawks fans (maybe not on PSD) thought if we are taking a OLB that soon, he better have Von Miller pass rush type skills, which Curry obviously didn't come close to possessing. Thats life though. If our GM made that pick because he listened to draft pundits then I am glad Ruskell is no longer our GM (actually, I'm glad hes not our GM cuz he was a crappy one, but that is not the point of this).

I agree that the Carp pick by the Hawks look terrible now, however that wasn't our entire draft. Our 4th round pick netted us KJ Wright, who looks like a stud OLB and our 5th pick was Richard Sherman who is definately one of the top 3 CB's in the league right now. Those 2 picks alone at that value has to vault us to at least a B even if you take in the account that our first 2 picks looks like duds that year. (Moffit in the 3rd round doesn't look that good of a pick either).

I mean his legendary battle with Gruden over the Wilson pick.

Mel Kiper knows more because he studys more tape the average person. That says nothing about his proccess about judging talent which is the criticism he gets. Anyone who can devote as much time as him can learn as much as him. Its about how he uses that info is what annoys me about him.
    Not many people were saying Russell was the safest pick. I can't remember anyone saying that. He vaulted to the top of the draft because he performed well late in the year, and had a nice pre-draft schedule. Russell had all the physical tools to be a great QB, he just lacked the mental aspect.

So, in 2007, you wanted a 4-3 OLB with "Von Miller pass rush skills." That thing about revisionist history I said. There you go.

When you completely miss on your first round pick on a guy that wasn't that well-regarded in the first place, you deserved to be knocked for that. Then, your 3rd rounder (and 2nd pick) isn't really looking so hot on top of that either. I'm not going to bicker over what grade you should get, but that is not a successful draft class.

If he was wrong about Wilson, he certainly wasn't the only person. I'm not so certain Russell Wilson is going to be amazing going forward, either.

If he had the ability to dish out information to NFL teams as a high schooler, he can probably evaluate talent pretty decently. Additionally, if he couldn't evaluate talent, it wouldn't matter how much film he watched. He wouldn't know anything regardless.

vCash
    You mean like everyone else that covered the draft that year?
    I never thought Curry would be a stud. Came out of nowhere out of Wake. Didnt dominate nearly like he should have at a position like linebacker with his measurables to know he was just a combine player

vCash

vCash
    Anyone who thinks they know more than Mel Kiper is either ignorant or just in denial. He's watched more film this past week than you have your whole life.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    McShay had who? Jimmy Clausen as the next big QB? Personally they are both jokes. If you want actual football knowledge I think you have to listen to Mayock. He's actually respected among scouts and GMs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast