Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: New Trade Idea

vCash

New Trade Idea

With the slow pace we play at why not bring in more size at the PF with Pau Gasol? Adding him with Lopez and his improved defensive presence along with Gasols post play I think it makes them contenders without giving up Core players

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bhfyvkk

What do you think

Lakers rid themselves of Gasol, add an enegry guy in Hump, big man than can shoot in Mirza which Dantoni would want, and a young scorer who the Nets rarely use

vCash
    That's actually not a bad deal, and is much better than all the ideas to bring in Howard. The Nets would be dominant under the basket with both Gasol and Lopez. They've got good enough depth where losing three bench players wouldn't really hurt them. The only question mark is whether the Lakers would go for it. I know they want to unload Gasol, but that's not that much in return for him.

vCash
    I think they are a little too similar to be effective. I would rather a tougher PF like a Zach Randolph than another skilled big like Pau but he's definitely unattainable.

The Future

vCash
    Gasol would be a HUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEE upgrade over what we have now at PF. With that said Lakers NEVER sell low on their players. Too much pride however dumb that maybe.

vCash
    Honestly a good trade for both teams. I don't really like the Lakers but what better way to use Mirza then to pair him up with Dwight (that was the original intent) and for us it gives us a very good 4. I don't like that we have to give Marshon does it work without Marshon???
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    Honestly a good trade for both teams. I don't really like the Lakers but what better way to use Mirza then to pair him up with Dwight (that was the original intent) and for us it gives us a very good 4. I don't like that we have to give Marshon does it work without Marshon???
    Yea thought about doing it with Toko but not sure if even with Marshon it's enough think it would need to include a future 1st but to me the deal fits the Lakers and what they are doing right now. It's a low sale for us because they dnt fit out team but coming into the season all 3 men were figured to be into the rotation. Mirza has shown some promise, Marshon who had some comparisons to Kobe would take a Shannon Brown type role (much better player then Meeks) and Hump is the up tempo man they need to quicken their play look at how Earl Clark has played and he's no where near the rebounder hump is

vCash
    This trade would benefit the Lakers more than the Nets. Mirza and Marshon are the only x-factors you can bring off the bench that would provide some scoring the rest can't. Marshon with his slick driving to the basket and Mirza with his long range shooting.

vCash
    Well this is the first time I've used this trade machine thing so I really don't know what the normal is but the way I read this trade both teams would lose games. The Nets would lose 3 and the Lakers 1. I'm not sure how using that as a reference point the Nets should be doing the deal. That being said I like the idea of adding Gasol at the 4 but I sure hate the idea of losing Mirza. I have mixed feelings about Brooks so I don't think losing him would be the end of the world. If I'm the Lakers I do this just to change something up in an effort to rid some of the tenshion in LA.It seems to me that Gasol is the odd man out on that squad at this point.All that being said to trade 3 guys off the bench for a all star 4 looks good to me although I'm not sure where you get the cap space to fill the bench back up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    Well this is the first time I've used this trade machine thing so I really don't know what the normal is but the way I read this trade both teams would lose games. The Nets would lose 3 and the Lakers 1. I'm not sure how using that as a reference point the Nets should be doing the deal.
    I really wouldn't put too much stock into automated "analysis" based on PER.