Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should The NCAA let self-imposed punishments, by UMHs, be only punishments?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 50.00%
  • No

2 50.00%
  • I am not sure

0 0%
  • I do not care

0 0%
    vCash

Angry NCAA: UM inquiry is tainted

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/2...mproperly.html

I HATE: THE NCAA, THAT EVERY FBS’s & MOST FCS’s PROGRAMS CHEAT & THE NCAA PROPS UP THE TRADITIONAL FBS PROGRAMS OF EVERY SPORT, LET ALONE FOOTBALL, I never hide that, But this is the worse I can ever remember!
    The NCAA takes years and still is investigating minor wrong doings that The Miami Hurricanes Athletic Department have done, threaten ex-UMHs’ players and Coaches, but not administration- The NCAA is made up of The FBS Programs’ Presidents, but they admit they did it in a tainted manner!!

The NCAA FBS should let the self-imposed punishments, by The UMHs’ Administration, be the only punishment, from the investigation.
    The UMHs, if they can and I cannot imagine why they could not, should sue The NCAA.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Should The UMHs, if they can and I cannot imagine why they could not, sue The NCAA??
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    They should just give Miami time served, maybe probation, then call it a day. They've dragged this on long enough and made themselves look incompetent in the process. End it already.

vCash
    Maybe I am not understanding the question. It sounds like you are suggesting that schools should be allowed to decide their own punishments? If so how do you possibly expect that to work. In many cases the athletic department you are expecting to determine self-imposed sanctions are involved in the penalties in question. If you couldn't trust them to follow the rules then why the hell should we think they are gonna properly impose their own punishments?

I do agree that this whole situation needs to go away because nothing good is gonna come from here on out in this deal. But I do hope that Miami sues the hell out of the NCAA. Because while Miami was guilty and do deserve sanctions the NCAA also broke the rules by amounting to what was essentially a stacked investigation involving people who had it out for the university.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 01-24-2013 at 05:26 PM.

vCash

Question Can & Should The NCAA & The NFL Be Left to Regulate Themselves???

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Maybe I am not understanding the question. It sounds like you are suggesting that schools should be allowed to decide their own punishments? If so how do you possibly expect that to work. In many cases the athletic department you are expecting to determine self-imposed sanctions are involved in the penalties in question. If you couldn't trust them to follow the rules then why the hell should we think they are gonna properly impose their own punishments?
    No way, am I suggesting that, nor do I like the idea of the biggest FBS Programs creating their own version of The NCAA.

I really thankful for your mistaken reply though, because it brings us to another question and discussion of this possibility-

Can & should the owners of businesses/Higher Educational Sports Programs & The NFL Franchises be left to regulate themselves??

Let us be real, The USA's governments do next to no regulating of both; they usually just campaign on issues related to sports and threaten to regulate them, if they do not shape up. Reference the fact that Higher Educational Sports Programs' employees/players are over 17-years old, yet they do not receive minimum wage for their hours put in, even if we pretend they only spend 20-hrs. per week, during the season, and a lot less during off season. Both the setup of The NFL & The NCAA are monopolies; sure for The NFL there is IFL, AFL & CFL. The IFL & AFL are different versions of Professional FootBall and CFL is another form of Professional FootBall and exists entirely in another country. Semi-Professional FootBall is just that Semi-Professional FootBall. The NCAA even has it better there is NO COMPETITION AT ALL, at their level of sports. IM Sports (which I have refereed at) is taken extremely serious by the players, parents and I guess the higher educational facilities they exist at; but they are not serious level of sports- they were created for non-serious reasons, to benefit the students' health and the higher educational facilities.

Well, if you have not figured out the obvious, I say NO WAY! The USA Governments need to start regulating & enforcing Federal Employment laws.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    No way, am I suggesting that, nor do I like the idea of the biggest FBS Programs creating their own version of The NCAA.

I really thankful for your mistaken reply though, because it brings us to another question and discussion of this possibility-

Can & should the owners of businesses/Higher Educational Sports Programs & The NFL Franchises be left to regulate themselves??

Let us be real, The USA's governments do next to no regulating of both; they usually just campaign on issues related to sports and threaten to regulate them, if they do not shape up. Reference the fact that Higher Educational Sports Programs' employees/players are over 17-years old, yet they do not receive minimum wage for their hours put in, even if we pretend they only spend 20-hrs. per week, during the season, and a lot less during off season. Both the setup of The NFL & The NCAA are monopolies; sure for The NFL there is IFL, AFL & CFL. The IFL & AFL are different versions of Professional FootBall and CFL is another form of Professional FootBall and exists entirely in another country. Semi-Professional FootBall is just that Semi-Professional FootBall. The NCAA even has it better there is NO COMPETITION AT ALL, at their level of sports. IM Sports (which I have refereed at) is taken extremely serious by the players, parents and I guess the higher educational facilities they exist at; but they are not serious level of sports- they were created for non-serious reasons, to benefit the students' health and the higher educational facilities.

Well, if you have not figured out the obvious, I say NO WAY! The USA Governments need to start regulating & enforcing Federal Employment laws.
    The NCAA passed new rules just in these last couple weeks that seemingly put in place the groundwork for players to receive compensation from the universities. I think that at some point in the near future we will absolutely see paid college athletes. I also think that when it happens it will ruin college football.

vCash
    Teams get one year bowl bans over a few stupid gifts from boosters. The things that went on at Miami went above and beyond that, so it seems like a two year bowl ban isn't sufficient

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    Teams get one year bowl bans over a few stupid gifts from boosters. The things that went on at Miami went above and beyond that, so it seems like a two year bowl ban isn't sufficient
    The problem is that there is little proof to corroborate Shapiro's claims, and the NCAA already screwed up the investigation. A two year bowl ban and significant scholarship losses seems like enough of a punishment to me. However, you are probably correct in your assumption of what the NCAA will do. They don't care about evidence, and pick and choose their battles.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash

vCash