Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hope they trade Murphy and put Flores at 2nd. Gonna be painful watching murphy for another year assuming he doesnt improve

vCash
    I think Murphy will improve on offense and defense.

vCash
    While he might improve offensively, he'll never post 20 Hrs or a consistent .460+ in slugging.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    And what problem is that?
    That those outfielders represent "real outfielders" in the Mets eyes.

But you knew this was the problem. For whatever reason, you just needed me to spell it out.

So I obliged anyway because, hey, I'm just a great guy!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    While he might improve offensively, he'll never post 20 Hrs or a consistent .460+ in slugging.
    Agreed. I think he can hit .300/.350/.430 or so with 10 HR and 35+ 2B. I think he'll get a little better defensively.

vCash
    If it were up to me, I'd try and oversell Murphy's abilities and trade him for a Gerardo Parra (assuming the Dbags let Hill go) or a solid hitting good defensive outfielder and then placing Flores at second or putting money in the FA pool (yeah right) and signing Aaron Hill

vCash
    Never saw this kid play, but from what i read he can hit. The Mets will find a place for his bat. I think Murphy has peaked on what he can do offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd try and oversell Murphy's abilities and trade him for a Gerardo Parra (assuming the Dbags let Hill go) or a solid hitting good defensive outfielder and then placing Flores at second or putting money in the FA pool (yeah right) and signing Aaron Hill
    I agree with this. Would've been nice to do the Murphy-Dirks swap with Detroit in 2012. But that's in the past. Hopefully Murphy will have a very good 2013 and we could either get a good deal back for him or can trade Flores for an outfielder without having to feel a little insecure about having Murphy at second.

vCash

vCash
    I think the Mets are going to feel their way along and see what they have until the All Star Game. After that, if the Mets are out of it (like they will be), bodies may start to fly. We may have some nice trading deadline chips.

vCash
    1. "he'll never post 20 Hrs or a consistent .460+ in slugging." Exactly how many second basemen produce those numbers other than Cano.

2. Murphy is likely to improve offensively and defensively because of more healthy knees.

3. The Mets will look to upgrade the OF by trading either Murphy or Gee.

vCash
    The trade-Murphy-and-replace-him-with-Flores conversation is premature. We know Daniel Murphy can hit big league pitching and play a passable second base. We know nothing of the sort about Flores.

I've said i wouldn't mind trying Flores out in the outfield because we literally have no one to play the outfield. On the other hand, we have a major league hitter already playing second base even if he doesnt always look like a major league fielder.

If Flores continues improving as a hitter and he shows he can handle second base defensively at least as good as Murphy, then i wouldn't mind making that switch. But not just yet. Luckily the Mets aren't in a position where they don't have to rush anyone anyway.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The trade-Murphy-and-replace-him-with-Flores conversation is premature. We know Daniel Murphy can hit big league pitching and play a passable second base. We know nothing of the sort about Flores.

I've said i wouldn't mind trying Flores out in the outfield because we literally have no one to play the outfield. On the other hand, we have a major league hitter already playing second base even if he doesnt always look like a major league fielder.

If Flores continues improving as a hitter and he shows he can handle second base defensively at least as good as Murphy, then i wouldn't mind making that switch. But not just yet. Luckily the Mets aren't in a position where they don't have to rush anyone anyway.
    It's only premature because Flores is in AA.

We know you have said you wouldn't mind seeing Flores as an outfielder, but considering Flores makes Duda look spry it would be a foolish to try him there.

Flores at the age of 20 hit 18 big flies last year and posted a healthy ops of .855 in Binghamton last year.

Murphy on the other hand is nothing more than an average ball player.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Honestly if flores does really this year and for some reason we can't trade murphy, i would bring flores up and have murphy come off the bench.

vCash
    Average overall. There could be a misconception there. Ignore his defense and Murphy is definitely a top 10 second baseman. I the problem is you can't just ignore his defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast