Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    He's 26 now, i'd say this is his last year as a credible prospect too. I had big hopes for him.
    Injuries sadly..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I think he's our future 2nd baseman.
    Shut up, WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Shut up, WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just curious, when you read this forum do you read it out loud?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Flores is still very young and his bat projects big. If he can man 2nd base like jeff kent he could be a beast.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Exactly how I feel mac. If he starts out 2013 hitting well, I think the Mets should move Murphy and bring the kid up to take over at 2nd.

I would hate to lose a bat like his on a team that can use as many good bats as possible right now - especially right handed ones.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Wow, no cynicism. Sorry gotta but u been very cynical lately and I'm not used to it.

vCash
    I'm not cynical mac. I'm still on the fence about where this team is going right now.

I trust the development of the farm. I don't trust the intentions of properly investing in the team to get it to compete in a way that is meaningful - though I have to say I loved the Marcum trade.

I'm still in a holding pattern.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I'm not cynical mac. I'm still on the fence about where this team is going right now.

I trust the development of the farm. I don't trust the intentions of properly investing in the team to get it to compete in a way that is meaningful - though I have to say I loved the Marcum trade.

I'm still in a holding pattern.

Fair enough.

vCash
    Simple reason why, it's one of two things:

1) Sandy believes he has a future on our major league roster
    2) Sandy believes he hasn't reached the peak of his value yet to trade him

I would tend to believe it's option #2 right now.

vCash
    Flores at 2B is a stretch. I'd rather get Bourn and put Flores in LF.

vCash
    I understand his range may not be great, but how is 2nd base a stretch for Flores (who has been playing it with some regularity now) and LF a good choice (a position he's never played)?

And if I remember correctly, people in the organization recently stated there was no way he was moving to the OF.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I understand his range may not be great, but how is 2nd base a stretch for Flores (who has been playing it with some regularity now) and LF a good choice (a position he's never played)?

And if I remember correctly, people in the organization recently stated there was no way he was moving to the OF.
    I value defense highly up the middle. His range would be more painful at 2B than in LF.

vCash
    If they don't think he can play 2nd base at all, they will probably just trade him. I really don't think they are looking for a long-term OF solution with guys who aren't OFers.

My guess is after this year, Duda, Turner, Lutz, etc. will all be long gone and replaced by real OFers.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    If they don't think he can play 2nd base at all, they will probably just trade him. I really don't think they are looking for a long-term OF solution with guys who aren't OFers.

My guess is after this year, Duda, Turner, Lutz, etc. will all be long gone and replaced by real OFers.
    Hey if Flores can hit as advertised, I'm sure the Mets would rather have him making the minimum in the OF. I honestly don't think he would be as bad as Duda. It would be one less hole to fill at least.

vCash
    nvm..
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-25-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast