Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Read my last post..

When you hear similar speed and similar lateral quickness to Lucas Duda what excites you about Flores in the OF?

I mean at least Duda had 252 games of minor league experience in the OF, Flores has none.

Dont you think if the Mets were confident he could make that transition they would have already given Flores a shot there considering their OF situation?

But if this is about conceding an argument then yeah try him out there in spring training.

Did you hear that Mets? If you are looking at the PSD forum on February 1st at 8:24 pm, we have a new OF for you to consider Wilmer Flores.
    Read my posts and tell me where i ever said i was excited about W.F. playing the outfield. Do you at least have some sense of the point I've been trying to make?

No, it's not about conceding a point. It's about recognizing that we have $%&* for outfielders right now yet we have a prospect who can hit but has no position.

That's it.

But let's try logic:

Lucas Duda who has similar speed and lateral quickness to Wilmer Flores and has been a disaster at the plate for the most part in his major league career has been playing outfield for most of his major league career,

Wilmer Flores who has similar speed and lateral quickness to Wilmer Flores and has shown signs as a youngster as having great promise with the bat (more promise than Mr Duda ever has I might add) will not get a chance to play outfield for the Mets.

That makes sense to you?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 02-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Read my posts and tell me where i ever said i was excited about W.F. playing the outfield. Do you at least have some sense of the point I've been trying to make?

No, it's not about conceding a point. It's about recognizing that we have $%&* for outfielders right now yet we have a prospect who can hit but has no position.

That's it.

But let's try logic:

Lucas Duda who has similar speed and lateral quickness to Wilmer Flores and has been a disaster at the plate for the most part in his major league career has been playing outfield for most of his major league career,

Wilmer Flores who has similar speed and lateral quickness to Wilmer Flores and has shown signs as a youngster as having great promise with the bat (more promise than Mr Duda ever has I might add) will not get a chance to play outfield for the Mets.

That makes sense to you?
    I am not necessarily sure what Duda was last year with the bat is what he will end up being.

I think he still has offensive potential but i do concede his defense is god awful. Saying that, it should improve somewhat playing in LF at Citi Field this year instead of RF.

I also understand your point about our other OFs but i would rather see Flores be developed properly and then subsequently dealt if they can't find a position for him than throw him in the OF out of attrition.

You're right, it's just spring training but again he isn't coming back with the team when spring training is over so the immediate impact of his bat won't be felt (if he has one).

My point with Flores is that he will have equal value to the other OFs you mentioned if he plays the type of defense that is expected out of him.

And that's assuming he has no hiccups offensively in his rookie campaign which most rookies do.

There is little potential gain here so give me the OFs i know that can play defense and Duda who i still think has room for improvement offensively.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-01-2013 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I am not necessarily sure what Duda was last year with the bat is what he will end up being.

I think he still has offensive potential but i do concede his defense is god awful. Saying that, it should improve somewhat playing in LF at Citi Field this year instead of RF.

I also understand your point about our other OFs but i would rather see Flores be developed properly and then subsequently dealt if they can't find a position for him than throw him in the OF out of attrition.

You're right, it's just spring training but again he isn't coming back with the team when spring training is over so the immediate impact of his bat won't be felt (if he has one).

My point with Flores is that he will have equal value to the other OFs you mentioned if he plays the type of defense that is expected out of him.

And that's assuming he has no hiccups offensively in his rookie campaign which most rookies do.

There is little potential gain here so give me the OFs i know that can play defense and Duda who i still think has room for improvement offensively.
    See, its way too early to start assigning value to Flores. He'll do that by himself soon enough. Hey, for all I know Duda starts hitting like a monster and Flores turns out to be a bust both at bat and in the field.

We don't know what Flores is or where he'll be best suited to play. Everyone is telling me second base. To me that just makes no sense.

Flores isn't the type of player you worry about developing defensively at this stage in his career anyway. It might be different if he had a set position already but he doesn't. You could just as easily make the case that you're hindering his development as an outfielder by putting him on second base now. Do I believe that for a second? No way in hell.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213